Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you think McNair WILL, not SHOULD, fire Kubiak?
Yes 101 75.94%
NO 32 24.06%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2013   #121
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Spot on TPN - that is exactly what I remember.

Yeah, might want to get your basic math right before being condescending chief. As 2012 mentioned you are just making up numbers, but ...

First off you said significantly more than several million per game. Now you get to $1 mil. Kinda big difference.

I don't know what you were CEO of but I bet your accountant knew $10 mil is not 10% of $300 mil. Big fancy business owner like you should also know $1 mil in lost revenue isn't going to be anything close to $1 mil in lost profits after all the middlemen and other expenses are accounted.
I respond in a way that I am responded to. Condescension? I learned some of that from you. You're pretty good at it yourself.

Here is what I said Chief, $1 million loss on public ticket sales. Notice the words "public ticket sales". Apparently you skipped over the $2 mil loss on the avg per person spending outside of public ticket sales.

$10 million? Typo Chief, thanks for pointing it out. $3 million loss on gmae day revenues X 10 game days = $30 million which is 10% of gross revenues, 30% loss of ESTIMATED Income.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #122
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I don't make up numbers. The NFL makes $9.5 Billion. Divide by 32 teams. If a NFL team loses $3 mil per game day X 10 game days = approx 10% of gross revenues.

Do you know the difference between revenue and profit? Based on your posts I'm not yes you do
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #123
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If he was as worried about the bottom line as you say he is, he'd be doing other things. There are a lot easier ways to make tons and tons of cash than owning a sports franchise.
You're doing it again.....
Old 12-05-2013   #124
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Do you know the difference between revenue and profit? Based on your posts I'm not yes you do
Yes, revenue is derived from sales. I don't believe I discussed profit, I did mention Income though.
Old 12-05-2013   #125
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, revenue is derived from sales. I don't believe I discussed profit, I did mention Income though.
You said nfl teams make 300million. What a team makes isn't its revenue figure. You did the same for the nfl
Old 12-05-2013   #126
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're doing it again.....
Please.

Tell us again how worried he is about the money he's going to lose by keeping Kubiak... if that's what he chooses to do.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #127
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here is what I said Chief, $1 million loss on public ticket sales. Notice the words "public ticket sales". Apparently you skipped over the $2 mil loss on the avg per person spending outside of public ticket sales.
Nope, here is what you said 1st:

Quote:
You're underestimating the amount of revenue loss. Just based on your cavalier dismissal of revenues is well over several million each Sunday.
Then 2nd:

Quote:
If a club loses $10 million a yr from game day revenue
That is $1 mil per game.

Now you are saying:

Quote:
$10 million? Typo Chief, thanks for pointing it out.
Your attempt to get to $3 mil in lost revenue was purely made up and unrealistic. $1 mil in lost ticket sales is roughly 11,500 tickets per game. That would mean no single game ticket sales at all AND a significant number of unsold season tickets.
Old 12-05-2013   #128
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You said nfl teams make 300million. What a team makes isn't its revenue figure. You did the same for the nfl
Yes an NFL team makes approximately $300 million in gross revenues each year.

If you don't like the word "makes" feel free to insert generates, derives, acquires, receives or what ever word you are most comfortable with.
Old 12-05-2013   #129
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes an NFL team makes approximately $300 million in gross revenues each year.

If you don't like the word "makes" feel free to insert generates, derives, acquires, receives or what ever word you are most comfortable with.
When you say a company makes x a year that's profit unless you state otherwise. I did point this out with my amazon post that you quoted and obviously missed it there too
Old 12-05-2013   #130
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
So what are you doing? You're doing EXACTLY the same thing. And you're judging him on it.

If he was as worried about the bottom line as you say he is, he'd be doing other things. There are a lot easier ways to make tons and tons of cash than owning a sports franchise.
Taking basically 100-200 mil and turning it into 1.5 bil in a decade isn't a bad return on BoB's $$$$,the kicker is there's very litlle risk in owning an NFL franchise.

Tell me what type businesses you can make that kind of $$$$ with little risk?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #131
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nope, here is what you said 1st:

Then 2nd:

That is $1 mil per game.

Now you are saying:

Your attempt to get to $3 mil in lost revenue was purely made up and unrealistic. $1 mil in lost ticket sales is roughly 11,500 tickets per game. That would mean no single game ticket sales at all AND a significant number of unsold season tickets.
you need to go back and re-read....you're try to make a there where there is no there. How many season ticket are there? I'm assuming 60,000. And Yes, not unreasonable for a large number of single game tickets go unsold for a 2-10 team. I have seen pictures of Reliant with less than 50% of seats occupied.
Old 12-05-2013   #132
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
When you say a company makes x a year that's profit unless you state otherwise. I did point this out with my amazon post that you quoted and obviously missed it there too
Excuse me. The team PRODUCES $300 million in Revenues.
Old 12-05-2013   #133
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Taking basically 100-200 mil and turning it into 1.5 bil in a decade isn't a bad return on BoB's $$$$,the kicker is there's very litlle risk in owning an NFL franchise.

Tell me what type businesses you can make that kind of $$$$ with little risk?

Bob paid 700m along with his friends. His return is around 7% a year over more than 10 years
Old 12-05-2013   #134
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Excuse me. The team PRODUCES $300 million in Revenues.

That's on avg which is far different than median too
Old 12-05-2013   #135
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have seen pictures of Reliant with less than 50% of seats occupied.
Whoohoo for you. The game was sold out as has every Texans game been including after the 2-14 season.

Your numbers mean every game blacked out.
Old 12-05-2013   #136
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Whoohoo for you. The game was sold out as has every Texans game been including after the 2-14 season.

Your numbers mean every game blacked out.
NO my numbers mean that during your proposed sellout there were quite a few single game tickets unsold and there were 50,000 no show fans who weren't there spending $40 a head and most of the rental suites went unsold.

Last edited by Texian; 12-05-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-05-2013   #137
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

if we lose this game then mcnair will fire kubiak this week, 100%
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #138
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
NO my numbers mean that during your proposed sellout there were quite a few single game tickets unsold and there were 50,000 no show fans who weren't there spending $40 a head and most of the rental suites went unsold.

Where are you getting the 50k fan number from?
Old 12-05-2013   #139
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is a poor head coach, but there have been worse. Don't count on him getting the boot. There are only so many brilliant head coaches; not every team can have one.

Yes, he should be fired. Chances are he won't be.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #140
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
if we lose this game then mcnair will fire kubiak this week, 100%
I heard that from a couple places this week.

What makes you say that?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read