Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you think McNair WILL, not SHOULD, fire Kubiak?
Yes 101 75.94%
NO 32 24.06%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2013   #21
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

In the words of Hawk Harrelson:

"He Gone!!"
Old 12-04-2013   #22
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by escrimador View Post
I don't think so. I think he'll keep him for the last year of his contract.
I am so sick and tired of hearing that. I can not remember a single instance in the history of the league where someone was retained because they had time remaining on their contract even though they failed miserably.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #23
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I am so sick and tired of hearing that. I can not remember a single instance in the history of the league where someone was retained because they had time remaining on their contract even though they failed miserably.
Yup. But it's about what Mcnair thinks. We already know he doesn't give in to fan pressure. He's got his own plan. I think he sticks with it.
escrimador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #24
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by escrimador View Post
Yup. But it's about what Mcnair thinks. We already know he doesn't give in to fan pressure. He's got his own plan. I think he sticks with it.
So then Schaub must stay as well.......call it misplaced aggression but I am really starting to think Bob McNair sucks
Old 12-04-2013   #25
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I said yes because I don't think McNair can justify keeping him to the fans. We always hear how no owner cares about what the fan thinks and that's true. But this is an extreme case. Kubiak (and Co.) just.....has.....to go. Otherwise McNair will lose all credibility as an owner that wants to win and I think he knows it.
Old 12-04-2013   #26
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 106842 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Call me wishy washy, not a real fan or whatever....but if Kubiak is retained after this debacle I am done with this team
You're wishy washy
Old 12-04-2013   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think kubiak will be here.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just think that if he was going to fire him he should've already done it.

The guy had a mini stroke. If I was going to fire someone I would have told him that I think it's best that he take care of his health. I am planning on going a new direction next season so I think it's best we part ways now and you can focus fully on your health.

McNair didn't do that. I think kubiak will be back.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I am mentally preparing myself for the possibility that McNair keeps Kubiak.

Along with the reasons Marcus mentioned about being a "QB coach", I can see the mentality of letting Kubiak use a high first round pick on a potential franchise QB.

Marvin Lewis is a perfect example of a mediocre coach getting infinite chances, so it's not unheard of. Heck, Lewis is 87-84-1, four playoff appearances and no playoff wins.

Local sports radio was talking this morning about a John McClain article that was in support of keeping Kubiak. I did not read the article, but they said it gave the impression that he's been told something and is sort of "towing the company line" on the subject.

It's going to be the ugliest off-season in Texans history if McNair keeps him. It will dwarf the VY/Bush draft media circus, IMO.
Old 12-04-2013   #29
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, I think McNair is likely to view this season as a fluke.

I'm not going to freak out when McNair keeps kubiak. I think he's a bad head coach, but a guy can learn, right?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #30
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

It's going to be the ugliest off-season in Texans history if McNair keeps him. It will dwarf the VY/Bush draft media circus, IMO.
Wow. It'll be brutal. It'll be kind of like when Bum was fired only this will be for the opposite reason. But the outrage will be the same.

If he keeps Kubiak we can no longer make fun of Jerry Jones because our clown is just as bad.

I don't even want to think about it. All this after we had Bud all those years.
Old 12-04-2013   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't think Kubiak is coming back next season. How that happens, I don't know, but I just don't think he'll be back.

If he does come back I'll be pissed as hell, I'll ***** about it in here, but I'll still be watching next season just as I always will.
This, but I wont be renewing my tickets, even if I lose my PSL $$$$.

The reason BoB probably wont fire Gary (1 yr remaining on his contract) and definitely wont be firing Rick. (2 yrs left) comes down to $$$$. Hopefully Rick is a GM in name only, like he is now, because I've got no faith in Rick Smith.

Bottom line after 8 yrs and 10 losses in a row in a season that BoB/Rick/Gary touted this team as a SB contender, enough is enough.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #32
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he will fire Kubiak.

I do believe Kubiak will be given an ultimatum to replace a few assistants.

Lets start with our ST coach.

Then replace our WR receivers coach whomever that is.
We still have only one dependable WR on this team despite drafting/signing Hopkins (#1 pick), Posey, Jean, Martin, none of whom seem to be any more reliable than the day we drafted/signed them. Then there was Jones, but that is another story. We have Bonner and Lemon who are on the PS who went through camp and couldn't replace any of the aforementioned players.

We have developed one TE and he is on IR for most of this year. Our former backup TE who went to Denver isn't exactly tearing up the league.

And last but not least, a new DC who doesn't think his players are too dumb to learn multiple schemes.

But then again, Aw hell, blow the whole thing up. Couldn't do worse than 2-14 with a whole new coaching crew, and all new players..... and might as well give Smith his walking papers.

Maybe our scouting department sucks?

And what team has ever been successful who had wishy-washy fans. Yep, it's all our fault. Move the team to London and get all new fans.

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 12-04-2013 at 03:01 PM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #33
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal View Post
I don't think he'll have to. Kubiak will retire for health reasons.
I keep waiting for a gentleman's agreement saying just that. McNair doesn't have to buy him out, and Kubiak doesn't have to get publicly fired.
Old 12-04-2013   #34
Showtime100
Got AJ?

You people are scaring me. Cut it out.
Old 12-04-2013   #35
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

The thought of Kubiak coming back enrages me. Crap I need to take a walk to calm down.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #36
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Voted no in the poll.

I think it probably isn't the best course of action, but I guess I can live with Kubiak staying around if he gets a real proven OC and let that guy make the calls on offense.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #37
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I am mentally preparing myself for the possibility that McNair keeps Kubiak.

Along with the reasons Marcus mentioned about being a "QB coach", I can see the mentality of letting Kubiak use a high first round pick on a potential franchise QB.

Marvin Lewis is a perfect example of a mediocre coach getting infinite chances, so it's not unheard of. Heck, Lewis is 87-84-1, four playoff appearances and no playoff wins.

Local sports radio was talking this morning about a John McClain article that was in support of keeping Kubiak. I did not read the article, but they said it gave the impression that he's been told something and is sort of "towing the company line" on the subject.

Are you sure you're not mistaking the conversation regarding keeping Smith?

The whole premise was that no team in history has won division titles and playoffs games in back-to-back seasons and fired the GM and coach after the next season.

McClain maintains that Kubiak will be fired and Smith will stay.
Old 12-04-2013   #38
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
You're wishy washy
Shut up Ben. Enjoy Cleveland
Old 12-04-2013   #39
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he will fire him and I think that will be true because there's going to be no other way to spin a 14 game losing streak when the season is over.

What? It's only 10 games? Wait for it......
Old 12-04-2013   #40
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

My first reaction to the stroke issue was that it was a get out of jail free card but then I changed when the losses piled up. It's actually a get out of jail free card for McNair. Losses are piling up. Confidence is low. McNair can broach letting him go in many ways,..concern for health, offer of front office, etc. Either way I doubt Kubiak gets through this.

As far as McClain, he was wrong years ago about Gary being gone. He is an idiot.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read