Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2013   #81
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: As If The Texans' National Image Isn't Tarnished Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Thanks, I didn't notice that thread. MODS, PLEASE MERGE

I read the article, thank you. My initial comment still stands..........this incident generated by CSC (which is contracted by the Texans) will be and has certainly been seen as a Texans thingy outside of Houston................I am sure that the Texans, McNair and Houston will be clambering for as many such "minor" similar "positive" pieces as they can collect to go with all of the rest of the "major" humiliations they have managed to generate all by their lonesomes.

I know many people see this as a Texans' thing however it is just pure ignorance. I understand CSC is contracted by the Texans however the Texans didnt, dont and dont want to make the hiring/firing calls for the CSC staff. I think the policy CSC is fine and I am sure the Texans dont want security staff going up to player for any reason not related to security
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #82
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Instigated by the team or not as the thread title clearly stated in a national view we are jokes. Won't fire inept managers, but will allow contractors to axe employees on the spot for something so clearly harmless? Damn shame.

Didn't really need this event to shine a light on a pathetic football organization. But it does sting.

All you 'company men' can start your codes of conduct jargon now.
Old 12-04-2013   #83
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares if the Texans did or didn't have anything to do with it? That organization is in the outhouse this season anyway. What's one more pile of poop?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #84
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
i cant believe people dont think the texans had anything to do with this firing.

its mind boggling how far fans will defend their team/athletes.

At what point were the texans involved ? What did the texans have to do with it?
Old 12-04-2013   #85
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 41733 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans security guards fired for taking photo with Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Instigated by the team or not as the thread title clearly stated in a national view we are jokes. Won't fire inept managers, but will allow contractors to axe employees on the spot for something so clearly harmless? Damn shame.

Didn't really need this event to shine a light on a pathetic football organization. But it does sting.

All you 'company men' can start your codes of conduct jargon now.
If you meddle in your contractors hiring / firing decisions, then they are not independent contractors they are employees. Employees that you never paid payroll taxes for, never paid unemployment tax for, never contibuted to their 401K, never let into the health insurance plan, etc etc etc. If you are a real business, you don't want to go there. So you don't interfere when your contractor enforces their workplace rules.

Quote:
i cant believe people dont think the texans had anything to do with this firing.

its mind boggling how far fans will defend their team/athletes.
People aren't "defending their team" it's just that we have actually had jobs in the real world.

A little unsolicited advice for you: get a real job (your allowance doesn't count). Then kiss your mommy goodbye and move out already. Apartments have microwaves and laundry rooms, you will survive. (It's OK to go to mom's on Sunday night for dinner. But you can't move back in).
Old 12-05-2013   #86
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
If you meddle in your contractors hiring / firing decisions, then they are not independent contractors they are employees. Employees that you never paid payroll taxes for, never paid unemployment tax for, never contibuted to their 401K, never let into the health insurance plan, etc etc etc. If you are a real business, you don't want to go there. So you don't interfere when your contractor enforces their workplace rules.
I've worked in two separate industries as a contractor where meddling is the 'norm'. The funniest part? One of them is private security.

They can't be considered employees unless you have folks performing the exact same duties who actually ARE employees. That's your starting point. In addition, every Security contract I've ever seen gives the client the right to have personnel removed from any account for any reason.

I've also been personally involved in an incident where the client told the company that if they wanted to keep the account (most security contracts can be voided by the client quite easily), they would quit threatening the "preferred" guard.

ABM, Allied, Pinkerton, Black Hawk, Top Gun...the list goes on, but let's not pretend that clients don't tell the security companies what to do. It happens with regularity.
Old 12-05-2013   #87
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

This = Platinum Security firing someone at Minute Maid. I work around these cats; they ain't got **** to do with the Astros other than security. That said, you have to keep in mind that we don't know WHAT they are told by the Texans, etc. You might have caught a supervisor on a ****ty day. Some companies are strict, some don't care (as long as you aren't a distraction, etc).

Need to hear the other side, and need to hear what the some superiors think.
Old 12-05-2013   #88
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Rules are rules.

Be accountable for your actions. Realize the consequences of your actions.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #89
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Rules are rules.

Be accountable for your actions. Realize the consequences of your actions.
Ray Lewis says hi.
Old 12-05-2013   #90
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Making the rounds. From the Huffington Post:
Quote:
"I wasn't threatening anybody. The sideline experience was over the game was over. I was just really congratulating the winning team. There have been times before when I've taken pictures with other people that weren't Tom Brady, or winners, somebody who just defeated the Texans, it was perfectly okay, Williams told WHDH-TV 7News in Boston.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #91
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
You are held accountable as long as you aren't a player, coach, or gm.
Repped
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #92
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Making the rounds. From the Huffington Post:

Did the other pictures he took occur in front of his manager ?
Old 12-05-2013   #93
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Sure seems to be a lot of personal attacks and general asshattery going on in Texans Talk these days...
People on both sides of this seem to think they are the smartest men in the room. Which probably means neither one of them are near as smart as they think they are.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #94
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Welcome to the new America, it's not my fault it's someone's else. Take responsibility for your actions, if you signed the contract that says no pictures, then no pictures. You still have your jacket, name tag, and access in a secured area... Suck it up.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #95
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 348793 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Welcome to the new America, it's not my fault it's someone's else. Take responsibility for your actions, if you signed the contract that says no pictures, then no pictures. You still have your jacket, name tag, and access in a secured area... Suck it up.
Everything is the Texans fault.

My car needs new tires... thanks a lot, Texans.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #96
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Ray Lewis says hi.
Thanks!

Ed Reed says "Thanks for $5.5 Million!"

I keed I keed
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #97
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
I read about people like you 35 years ago under the heading of "Delusions of Grandeur" in my psych textbook.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #98
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 80286 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
You'd have to show that someone "bugged" somebody.

You'd also need to show how this has led to the company losing business elsewhere / previously.

You'd also need to show that no other entities approached said athlete for pictures in the same setting.

You'd still be liable for claims if your existing policy suffered selective enforcement, when it regarded an off-duty employee, especially an hourly one.

"At will" is great, until you open your big mouth and say WHY the employee was let go.
As long as the termination is not for an illegal reason, there is no recourse, "At Will" means any reason or no reason. (Illegal discrimination being the rare example which trumps At Will.)

Liability would be limited to claims of breech of contract if there is an employment contract which has been violated.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #99
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Who cares if the Texans did or didn't have anything to do with it? That organization is in the outhouse this season anyway. What's one more pile of poop?
This about sums it all up...
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #100
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
MSR

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read