Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2013   #1
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2014 Texans Opponents

Had someone from work ask about this so figured I'd throw it up here as reference.

2014 Opponents
Home
Ravens
Bengals
Eagles
Redskins
Colts
Titans
Jaguars
AFC East

Away
Browns
Steelers
Cowboys
Giants
Colts
Titans
Jaguars
AFC West

The AFC East & West teams are determined by the place the teams finish in the division. Currently the Texans are 2-10 and in last place in the AFC South so they will match up with the last place teams in those divisions. Currently it is the Bills & Raiders.
Old 12-03-2013   #2
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Texans Opponents

I hope the Cowboys game is on Thanksgiving.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Because Dallas hosted an AFC team this year, I think they have to play an NFC team next year.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowgirls in the regular season is always a game I'm up for. I love beating the Cowpukes in the regular season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Cowgirls in the regular season is always a game I'm up for. I love beating the Cowpukes in the regular season.
It's only happened once in 12 years so I wouldn't get too pumped up. In fact I think Terrell Owens just scored another TD against DRob.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I hope the Cowboys game is on Thanksgiving.
Noooo, let's to with Thursday night football.
StarStruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

looks like road trip to dallas next year !!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2013   #8
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
It's only happened once in 12 years so I wouldn't get too pumped up. In fact I think Terrell Owens just scored another TD against DRob.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #9
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

That schedule is a piece of cake if we can get back to playing the way we should be next year. Hopefully we play the Giants earlier in the season before they start their trademark run thingy.

Hopefully a new coach, a new toy, and bolstered depth will do that.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i guess we also play the two lowest seeds in the west and east tho right ..????

which would be uhh bills and raiders ..????

last time we plyed the NFC east that season was 6-10

Cowboys and giants and philly all losses

and we had to struggle to beat the redskins I still remember that epic 4th qtr TD pass to andre
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Because Dallas hosted an AFC team this year, I think they have to play an NFC team next year.
That's right. The Cowboys game cannot be on Thanksgiving since their Thanksgiving game will be shown on FOX. Detroit will get the CBS game against either the Bills or Dolphins.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #12
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess is we'll have two national TV games. Maybe the Cowboys on SNF, Colts on TNF/MNF, and mayyyyybe the Ravens game since we've seemed to have developed a bit of a rivalry with them in the last couple of years.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
looks like road trip to dallas next year !!!!!!!!!!
Lot of you guys just live to play the Cowboys every 4 years don't you ? Is it really that important to you to impress them ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 388264 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
My guess is we'll have two national TV games. Maybe the Cowboys on SNF, Colts on TNF/MNF, and mayyyyybe the Ravens game since we've seemed to have developed a bit of a rivalry with them in the last couple of years.
I would bet on the Ravens long before Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Lot of you guys just live to play the Cowboys every 4 years don't you ? Is it really that important to you to impress them ?
For some yes. It's bizarre. The Oilers only played the Cowboys 8 times going 3-5. You would think they would hate the Steelers who they were 18-35 against including a lot of playoff denying or ending games.
Old 12-04-2013   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I would bet on the Ravens long before Dallas.

For some yes. It's bizarre. The Oilers only played the Cowboys 8 times going 3-5. You would think they would hate the Steelers who they were 18-35 against including a lot of playoff denying or ending games.
The steelers were on top of my list; the Colts are, now.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I am a irrational Cowboy hater. I hate them worse than our own division foes. It's just what I am and I make no apologies for it.

The Cowboys can kiss my damn ass.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #17
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The steelers were on top of my list; the Colts are, now.
Man, I couldn't agree with this more. If the Texans can get one more win this season, I just want it to be vs the Colts. I don't even think I hate the Titans as much as I do the Colts now.

I don't hate the Cowboys. Having lived in Dallas, I naturally have an interest in them, but it's more for failtertainment value. Yes, I just made that word up.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the Cowboys. I want them to fail.

But that hate pales in comparison with the burning rage I feel toward the Colts. I even hate the Titans more strongly than I hate the Cowboys.

I want those two teams to suck. I want every FO move they make to fail on a level that makes the Trent Richardson deal look like genius.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #19
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I am a irrational Cowboy hater. I hate them worse than our own division foes. It's just what I am and I make no apologies for it.

The Cowboys can kiss my damn ass.
This should be on a bumper sticker.

I really hate that teams only play out of conference teams once every four seasons. It would be better if we could play Dallas every other season. I can't see how it would be bad to see the following every two seasons

HOU v dal
Nyg v nyj
Phi v pit
Kc v Stl
Oak v sf
I don't anyone in Jacksonville would watch te jags unless they played the gators
Old 12-04-2013   #20
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
This should be on a bumper sticker.

I really hate that teams only play out of conference teams once every four seasons. It would be better if we could play Dallas every other season. I can't see how it would be bad to see the following every two seasons

HOU v dal
Nyg v nyj
Phi v pit
Kc v Stl
Oak v sf
I don't anyone in Jacksonville would watch te jags unless they played the gators
If the NFL really cared the Texans, Saints, Cowboys, and Falcons would be in the same division. That would set up for some nice road trips.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read