Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2013   #61
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans security guards fired for taking photo with Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
another disgusting act by this texan front office.

I bet you anything if the texans won this game and they did the same thing, they would not have been fired. They were made a scapegoat just like the 3 guys who were smoking in the bathroom.

Total overreaction by the front office instituting once again, draconian zero tolerance policies.

Taking out your frustrations for your sorry season on security guards after taking it out on young players is a sad and pathetic act by this team.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #62
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28117 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yes i did. it also said their shift was finished. it also said that a lot of employees take photos with athletes and celebrities.

Do you always believe what you read?

You have to read between the lines and go through the BS and figure out stuff for yourselves. You have to learn how to sniff out BS garbage like "its company policy."

They were fired because the team was still angry over the loss and they see their own security guards taking pics with the guy who just kicked their asses and they got mad, took it out on lowly security guards and fired them.

Learn how to sniff out company line BS.

This is one of them.

SAD, VINDICTIVE, PATHETIC MOVE BY THIS FRANCHISE.
Let me read between the lines. YOU are mad at the Texans and would jump on their case for any reason, good or bad.

Isn't this the more likely scenario?
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #63
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28117 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
If the Texans had won the game he wouldn't have been fired.
Are you Tonestrodamus? You've already confused the ESPN Heads who don't have a clue about the Texans inside joke because of Smiths reference to you.
Old 12-03-2013   #64
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
yea keep believing everything you read.

Because if its in the newspaper or the internet it must be true right?

btw, im a pharmacy major and i own my own compounding comany.

I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

LOL! Sounds like a Yankee. Ignorant AND arrogant.

By the way, comPany is spelled with a P and I'm has an apostrophe smart guy.
Old 12-03-2013   #65
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
You still need to show potential damage to your company or reputation as at least one was off the clock. If anything, I'll bet this ham-fisted move backfires and costs them $$$.

Fired on the spot? No. Could they have a hand going forward or on potential reinstatement? Yes.
Having an employee using their security clearance to bug the athletes does negatively affect the security agency since the Texans would find it intolerable unless they pay a hefty premium for the privilege. They have autograph sessions for those things at the proper time.
Old 12-03-2013   #66
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I work for the Federal Government so I might get a promotion.
That is so true since 2009.
Old 12-03-2013   #67
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 104065 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Having an employee using their security clearance to bug the athletes does negatively affect the security agency since the Texans would find it intolerable unless they pay a hefty premium for the privilege. They have autograph sessions for those things at the proper time.
You'd have to show that someone "bugged" somebody.

You'd also need to show how this has led to the company losing business elsewhere / previously.

You'd also need to show that no other entities approached said athlete for pictures in the same setting.

You'd still be liable for claims if your existing policy suffered selective enforcement, when it regarded an off-duty employee, especially an hourly one.

"At will" is great, until you open your big mouth and say WHY the employee was let go.
Old 12-03-2013   #68
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There is usually a restriction until you're out of uniform, not just finished with a shift.
I take it that you did not bother to read the entire thread before replying to my initial post? You would have clearly seen my thought process come to the realization about company policy and ultimately having no problem with it.
Old 12-03-2013   #69
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Bet my yardstick is longer, better looking, and more successful than your yardstick.
I see what you did there. ;^)

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #70
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
You'd have to show that someone "bugged" somebody.

You'd also need to show how this has led to the company losing business elsewhere / previously.

You'd also need to show that no other entities approached said athlete for pictures in the same setting.

You'd still be liable for claims if your existing policy suffered selective enforcement, when it regarded an off-duty employee, especially an hourly one.

"At will" is great, until you open your big mouth and say WHY the employee was let go.

Are you in labor law? You seem to be pretty sure of yourself but I'm not sure I agree with your opinion
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #71
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Folks, knock off the insults.
No, no, its ok. Lord Bills is a pharm major. And word on the street is that he is better looking than everyone too.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #72
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this thread. It's amazing what the Holiday season will do us sometimes.
Old 12-03-2013   #73
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i own my own compounding comany.
Someone should have come back and said "I'll com-Pound my fist in your face", because although childish it would have been incredibly awesome. I'm disappointed in the insult comebacks on this site. Carry on.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #74
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Someone should have come back and said "I'll com-Pound my fist in your face", because although childish it would have been incredibly awesome. I'm disappointed in the insult comebacks on this site. Carry on.
You had your chance.
Old 12-03-2013   #75
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
You had your chance.
I felt like I was late to the party, and I couldn't compete with dude's stunning good looks. I'm ugly and proud anyway.

Ok actually contributing to the topic at hand. As most have conferred, if it's company policy then there is no news. I worked security at Red Rocks amphitheater for a short stint in college many moons ago, the first rule of working there was - Don't talk to, F with, or even look strangely at the talent. It's very common in security companies to institute those rules. I work in A/V production now and sometimes do events with national acts, and it's basically an unwritten (sometimes actually written) rule among stagehands and production companies.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #76
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

It is my understanding that security and event staff personnel are under strict guidelines in regards to any association with celebrities they serve. I have heard that some celebrities don't want staff to make any eye contact or look the other way when they appear.

It seems unfair since that could be the only time am employee could get a picture or autograph if the celebrity was willing and didn't feel imposed upon. In this case, it appears that Brady had a bigger smile than the guard. BUT, those are the rules that are set up front for whatever reason, and grounds for termination if they broken.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #77
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I've worked security at some very high dollar events with shaq, warren moon, and a dozen other celebrities you'd recognize (athletes, politicians, musicians, movie stars) , and there's a universal understanding in the industry that you don't poke and prod like a fan. If the celebrity wants to be sociable and strike up a conversation, cool. Be friendly. But you don't ask them for photos, autographs, or any other fan club bs. I have little doubt the 2 recently unemployed knew what they were risking. No sympathy here.
Old 12-03-2013   #78
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1938 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mcnair needs to hire these guys to be the GM, Kubiak would have already been fired.. and they know a good QB when they see him
Old 12-03-2013   #79
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Was Schaub working the camera?
Couldn't have been

If it was, when Schaub tossed the camera back, the Supervisor would have intercepted it for "Pick Yer Fired"
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #80
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58316 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL! Sounds like a Yankee. Ignorant AND arrogant.

By the way, comPany is spelled with a P and I'm has an apostrophe smart guy.
Multi-quote function man. You can respond in one post! Makes it easier to follow conversation and reduces clutter.

Not an attack! Just a request.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read