Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-26-2013   #141
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Who Should I Start Thread

LETS POST SOME QUESTIONS:

Pick 1. 0 PPR 6pt TD

G. Bernard vs SD
CJ Spiller vs ATL

While I'm leaning Bernard, Atlanta's running defense is such a hot mess right now that it seems like Spiller might get the nod here. Thoughts on this?
Old 11-29-2013   #142
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got 3 to choose from for a Wr2. Anquan Boldin, Percy Harvin, or Keenan Allen.
htowntexans1985 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #143
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Allen for sure.
Good luck.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #144
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Pick 1. 0 PPR 6pt TD

G. Bernard vs SD
CJ Spiller vs ATL
Bernard for me - Chargers have allowed 7 RB scores in the past four games.

Quote:
Leaning Allen for me. It's close, but...

Crabtree returning(limited) this week may hurt Boldin(may help, too). Harvin was listed as "did not participate" Friday, although there was no Friday practice.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #145
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks fellas for the feedback.
htowntexans1985 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #146
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35m

Source: #Seahawks WR Percy Harvin's surgically repaired hip flared up again. He's seeing doctors today, but his status for MNF is in doubt.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #147
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

NON PPR

(1) Flex

Ladarius Green vs NYG
Lamar Miller vs Pit
Brian Hartline vs Pit
Rod Streater vs NYJ
Bobby Rainey vs Buf

(1) QB

Russell Wilson vs SF
Carson Palmer vs StL
Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Den
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #148
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright. Made the playoffs, and I need to figure out who to start in my PPR league.

First question is at WR. I got D Thomas going up against Tennessee, Roddy White going against GB, Edelman going against Cleveland, and Boldin going against Seattle. I'm really leaning towards starting D Thomas and White, but I'm not too sold on White. Any further suggestions will help.

I'm also a little scared about my QB situation. I have Brees who is going against Carolina. Carolina has been doing alright this season, but the Saints are at home. On the other hand I have Big Ben going against Miami. Big Ben has been having better games here lately, but he isn't consistent like Brees is.

Any more suggestions will help!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #149
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
NON PPR

(1) Flex

Ladarius Green vs NYG
Lamar Miller vs Pit
Brian Hartline vs Pit
Rod Streater vs NYJ
Bobby Rainey vs Buf

(1) QB

Russell Wilson vs SF
Carson Palmer vs StL
Ryan Fitzpatrick vs Den
Rainey vs a terrible Buffalo D for sure. No other RB got a carry for the Bucs in the last game against the Panthers. Rainey will get a lot of points this week for sure, I'm starting him in my flex.

I'd go with Palmer vs STL. I like Wilson a lot, but @SF is really tough, plus the weather could be a factor. Palmer playing at home in a dome is the more solid choice. He should get you 20-28 points. The Rams offense is pretty bad, so the Cardinals should have the ball quite a bit. That ought to give him more chances to score.
Old 12-03-2013   #150
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Alright. Made the playoffs, and I need to figure out who to start in my PPR league.

First question is at WR. I got D Thomas going up against Tennessee, Roddy White going against GB, Edelman going against Cleveland, and Boldin going against Seattle. I'm really leaning towards starting D Thomas and White, but I'm not too sold on White. Any further suggestions will help.

I'm also a little scared about my QB situation. I have Brees who is going against Carolina. Carolina has been doing alright this season, but the Saints are at home. On the other hand I have Big Ben going against Miami. Big Ben has been having better games here lately, but he isn't consistent like Brees is.

Any more suggestions will help!
I'd go with Thomas and Edleman. Cleveland will put Joe Haden on the Pats outside WR (Dobson or Thompkins) and shut him down, while Edleman will be avoiding their slow-ass LBs in the middle. Gronk will have a big game, cause the Browns don't have anyone to cover him effectively. Maybe TJ Ward can, but I doubt it, especially in Boston. I'm not sold on Roddy White @ GB. I know the Packers have a bad defense, just as bad against WRs as Buffalo last week, but I just can't trust that guy in the playoffs. I think Edleman is the better option.

I think you have to go with Brees over Ben. The Panthers D is good, but it's not Seattle good. They still lack their star pass rusher Charles Johnson, but he might actually play against NO. Even still, it's Brees at the Superdome, so I'd have to go with him. The Steelers are just too inconsistent for my taste. Full disclosure, I'm starting the Carolina DST in my league
Old 12-03-2013   #151
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Rainey vs a terrible Buffalo D for sure. No other RB got a carry for the Bucs in the last game against the Panthers. Rainey will get a lot of points this week for sure, I'm starting him in my flex.

I'd go with Palmer vs STL. I like Wilson a lot, but @SF is really tough, plus the weather could be a factor. Palmer playing at home in a dome is the more solid choice. He should get you 20-28 points. The Rams offense is pretty bad, so the Cardinals should have the ball quite a bit. That ought to give him more chances to score.
You reinforced my plan for QB thanks.

but i was thinking Miller vs Pit due to Daniel Thomas maybe being out with the ankle injury, but Rainey was a close second... Looks like Rainey it is
Old 12-03-2013   #152
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
You reinforced my plan for QB thanks.

but i was thinking Miller vs Pit due to Daniel Thomas maybe being out with the ankle injury, but Rainey was a close second... Looks like Rainey it is
I don't have Lamar Miller in any leagues, but has he had even 1 good game this year?
Old 12-03-2013   #153
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Quote:
I don't have Lamar Miller in any leagues, but has he had even 1 good game this year?
Nope...
Old 12-03-2013   #154
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Can't sit your studs and I think Russell Wilson is in stud status now. SF isn't the defense that should scare you into different QB's. I'd stick with Wilson.

EDIT: This is what I got.

RB2 0PPR 6ptTD .1pt/yd

MJD vsHOU
Miller vsPIT
Bernard vsIND
Spiller @TB

Almost leaning towards MJD because he got a solid 20 points against houston in Reliant. Bernard vs IND could also be a good one I think Bernard can have success against Indy. Miller is also interesting as Pitt's D is not that good and Thomas is now out so he's getting the carries. He got 22 for 77yd last week against a fairly stingy defense.

QB:
Rivers vsNYG
RG3 vsKC

Leaning Rivers.

Last edited by b0ng; 12-04-2013 at 02:18 AM.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #155
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Can't sit your studs and I think Russell Wilson is in stud status now. SF isn't the defense that should scare you into different QB's. I'd stick with Wilson.
Wilson played SF earlier this year at home, and he had one of his worst performances of the season. They still won the game, but he didn't do much. SF is the 5th best QB defense in fantasy this year, whereas the Rams are 13th. I think I'd go with Palmer against the easier D, at home, and in a dome in this situation.

Quote:

RB2 0PPR 6ptTD .1pt/yd

MJD vsHOU
Miller vsPIT
Bernard vsIND
Spiller @TB

Almost leaning towards MJD because he got a solid 20 points against houston in Reliant. Bernard vs IND could also be a good one I think Bernard can have success against Indy. Miller is also interesting as Pitt's D is not that good and Thomas is now out so he's getting the carries. He got 22 for 77yd last week against a fairly stingy defense.

QB:
Rivers vsNYG
RG3 vsKC

Leaning Rivers.
I'd go with MJD and Rivers. Jags have been leaning on MJD a lot these past few games, and it has paid off with a few wins. I can't trust RG3 to do anything, so I'd go with Rivers as the safe bet. His team tends to get into shootouts, and given that they have no run game, I'd expect him to put up a lot of points.
Old 12-04-2013   #156
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Quote:

RB2 0PPR 6ptTD .1pt/yd

MJD vsHOU
Miller vsPIT
Bernard vsIND
Spiller @TB

QB:
Rivers vsNYG
RG3 vsKC

Leaning Rivers.
As i agree with Wilson is a Stud. In the fantasy world Carson has a arguement to. In the past 3 weeks he has been 28, 24 and 24 and a better match-up then Wilson. There is also the he doesn't need to win this game factor that scares me.

As for your picks

Spiller and MJD would be my choice

And Rivers over RG3 but its close
Old 12-06-2013   #157
SCOTTexans
All Pro

One more... Non PPR

(1) Flex

Zac Stacy vs Cardinals (#1 run defense, has onle allowed 3 rushing TD all season)

Or

Kennan Allen vs Giants
Old 12-06-2013   #158
b0ng
Ooops

Go Allen. NYG secondary is bad, Allen is on a hot streak, I think he's got the better match-up here. Stacy vs Cards has donut written all over it.

So I went with MJD and it got me a solid 12 points (just as projected by Yahoo) so now my questions is

0PPR
A. Brown (PIT/WR) vsMIA
Spiller @TB
Bernard vsINDY

this would be for a flex spot. Megatron, Josh Gordon and Forte round out the other players that I could sub (lol).
Old 12-07-2013   #159
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NON PPR

(1) Flex,
(1) QB
Rainey & Wilson for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post

First question is at WR.

I'm also a little scared about my QB situation.
Thomas(check injury) & White & Brees for me.

Quote:

RB2 0PPR 6ptTD .1pt/yd
Bernard & Rivers for me.

Quote:
One more... Non PPR

(1) Flex
Keenan Allen for me.

Quote:
0PPR
Brown for me.

Good luck.
Old 12-09-2013   #160
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Bernard & Rivers for me.

Good luck.
Man, what's going on in Cincy with Gio? I thought he was the man, but BJGE is getting the rock lately? Steered you wrong on that one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read