Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-02-2013   #181
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 College Football Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
LOL Manziel is Russell Wilson just because they are similar height?

They are literally not comparable in any way besides their height and that they are both athletic.

I don't buy that Murray is the next Brees either but at least they are somewhat similar.
I am going to ignore this simply becasue you know better.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #182
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I am going to ignore this simply becasue you know better.
Couldn't resist taking a shot at Manziel
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #183
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Couldn't resist taking a shot at Manziel
why I didn't bite and oops Gruden just agreed to the Manziel Wilson comparison. If Bevell became HC of Texans I could see him drafting Manziel.
Old 12-02-2013   #184
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see it at all and gosh I hope not.

Love the way the Seahawks draft players though.
Old 12-03-2013   #185
Texian
Hall of Fame

Russell Wilson made Johnny Football some money last night.
Old 12-03-2013   #186
bah007
Hall of Fame

You're actually being serious with the Manziel/Wilson stuff? I thought you were kidding...
Old 12-03-2013   #187
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're actually being serious with the Manziel/Wilson stuff? I thought you were kidding...
I wasn't kidding and I don't think Gruden was kidding either, as much as the Manziel haters hate to hear this. And the scary thought is Manziel could be better than Wilson. Am I kidding or am I not?

Last edited by Texian; 12-03-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-03-2013   #188
bah007
Hall of Fame

Not everyone is a Manziel hater. I respect the hell out of that kid for what he has done at the college level, but his skills do not translate to the NFL. And to say that he could be better than Wilson just makes you look silly.

The Manziel lovers are just as bad as the Tebow lovers. Fewer in number, but close to home unfortunately.
Old 12-03-2013   #189
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wasn't kidding and I don't Gruden was kidding either, as much as the Manziel haters hate to hear this. And the scary thought is Manziel could be better than Wilson. Am I kidding or am I not?
I know you're not kidding...but i don't know how many people would actually take you serious though...

Wilson's game is light years smoother than Manziel's....that ain't something he picked up while in the pros either...dude had that calmness & poise in college too....The main reason i liked him coming out..

I tell you what too, Bridgewater's got that same poise.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #190
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Russell Wilson made Johnny Football some money last night.
It's up to JFF to make his own money. Wilson and Brees have opened the door for smaller guys to get a chance at QB. But nobody is going to hand Manziel squat just because Russell Wilson is a great QB.

I agree with the Manziel/Wilson comparison as far as size and athleticism goes. That's as far as I see the comparison going though. Wilson has unnatural poise and leadership skills, a much stronger arm, puts amazing touch on his passes, great accuracy, makes ridiculously quick decisions, and has much more experience as a QB and as a QB in a pro system.

Manziel compares more favorably to Eric Crouch than Russell Wilson. And I'm not saying this as a knock on Manziel's passing ability. He's a much better passer than Crouch ever was and I don't see him busting like Crouch did. But comparing Manziel to Wilson is going straight to the absolute best case scenario.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #191
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I know you're not kidding...but i don't know how many people would actually take you serious though...

Wilson's game is light years smoother than Manziel's....that ain't something he picked up while in the pros either...dude had that calmness & poise in college too....The main reason i liked him coming out..

I tell you what too, Bridgewater's got that same poise.
That's the main reason why I've been such a big proponent of Bridgewater. He has shown all the tools that you look for when drafting a QB, but it's the poise and intangibles that take him to the next level as a prospect. A lot of guys have tools and a lot of guys have intangibles. It's rare for a guy to have both.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 12-03-2013   #192
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It's up to JFF to make his own money. Wilson and Brees have opened the door for smaller guys to get a chance at QB. But nobody is going to hand Manziel squat just because Russell Wilson is a great QB.
Gruden made pretty clear in his comments about Wilson and Bevell last night that Wilson was not some sort of giant opening up of the floodgates to all people with similar stature and athleticism. His anecdote was Bevell sought advice and was told not to worry about his size if he thought he was a truly special person and player.

I am just passing that along. Others can argue over whether Manziel fits that same standard.
Old 12-03-2013   #193
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I agree with the Manziel/Wilson comparison as far as size and athleticism goes. That's as far as I see the comparison going though. Wilson has unnatural poise and leadership skills, a much stronger arm, puts amazing touch on his passes, great accuracy, makes ridiculously quick decisions, and has much more experience as a QB and as a QB in a pro system.

Manziel compares more favorably to Eric Crouch than Russell Wilson. And I'm not saying this as a knock on Manziel's passing ability. He's a much better passer than Crouch ever was and I don't see him busting like Crouch did. But comparing Manziel to Wilson is going straight to the absolute best case scenario.
Spoken like the true Manziel hater that you're. I wouldn't have expected anything less. FLASH: Just because you don't think it will happen doesn't make it so. All it takes is one GM/HC to see and think that Manziel could do what Wilson is doing and you're wrong and the odds are against you being right. So yeah there is a good chance Wilson made Manziel some money, regardless of what you would like to be the outcome or how much you hate the thought of it being so.
Old 12-03-2013   #194
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Spoken like the true Manziel hater that you're. I wouldn't have expected anything less. FLASH: Just because you don't think it will happen doesn't make it so. All it takes is one GM/HC to see and think that Manziel could do what Wilson is doing and you're wrong and the odds are against you being right. So yeah there is a good chance Wilson made Manziel some money, regardless of what you would like to be the outcome or how much you hate the thought of it being so.
LOL you are so ridiculous. It is impossible for you to have an honest argument about Johnny Manziel. I have been open about how I attended A&M and that I love JFF as a college player, but I just don't see his skills translating to the NFL. Every time your only response is "Manziel hater" when that's not even close to the truth.

You compare Manziel to Wilson because they are similar in size and athleticism, but you ignore the fact that they have different skill sets and don't play similar at all.

I could compare Tim Tebow to Andrew Luck because they are the same size and similar athletes, but I don't because they don't have the same skills and play nothing alike.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 12-03-2013   #195
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL you are so ridiculous. It is impossible for you to have an honest argument about Johnny Manziel. I have been open about how I attended A&M and that I love JFF as a college player, but I just don't see his skills translating to the NFL. Every time your only response is "Manziel hater" when that's not even close to the truth.

You compare Manziel to Wilson because they are similar in size and athleticism, but you ignore the fact that they have different skill sets and don't play similar at all.

I could compare Tim Tebow to Andrew Luck because they are the same size and similar athletes, but I don't because they don't have the same skills and play nothing alike.
I simply made an innocent statement that Wilson made JF some money and then you went off on one of your tangents. So whose ridiculous? Why can't you just say this guy thinks JF compares to Wilson and leave it at that without completely losing it. DO you need the attention? There are many others who also consider the comparison. Do you like trolling my post? FLASH: Not everyone thinks like you or agrees with you and that doesn't make them wrong. NOTE: You keep ignoring that Gruden was saying the same thing. Why don't you take it up with Jon.
Old 12-03-2013   #196
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Gruden made pretty clear in his comments about Wilson and Bevell last night that Wilson was not some sort of giant opening up of the floodgates to all people with similar stature and athleticism. His anecdote was Bevell sought advice and was told not to worry about his size if he thought he was a truly special person and player.

I am just passing that along. Others can argue over whether Manziel fits that same standard.
I was referencing when Tirico asked Gruden if Johhny Manziel compared to Russell Wilson? Gruden was effusive in his praise for Manziel, how much he did compare to Wilson and how the league was moving in the direction with this style of play.

Last edited by Texian; 12-03-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2013   #197
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Eat Baylor's dust, Texas.
Old 12-07-2013   #198
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, anybody want a piece of Michigan State? Man oh man. I picked them to win tonight, but I wouldn't have predicted 17-0 in the 2nd quarter.

MSU ain't BS'ing.
Old 12-07-2013   #199
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hope score hold is Ohio State Game

Ohio State is a fraud. Thank goodness we don't have to see Florida State be crowned national champ after beating Ohio State.

I think Auburn will run all over Florida State.

BCS sucks.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #200
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Default Re: Hope score hold is Ohio State Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Ohio State is a fraud. Thank goodness we don't have to see Florida State be crowned national champ after beating Ohio State.

I think Auburn will run all over Florida State.

BCS sucks.
Just posted in the other thread. MSU ain't BS'ing. I picked them tonight but geezus.

I don't think FSU is a bad team. In fact I would love to see them play MSU, but Stanford will screw that up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read