Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-16-2013   #161
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 College Football Season

Andre Williams of Boston College is a great player. #1 running back as far as I am concerned. He can take a lot of punishment and he just wears on people. Always breaking tackles and has enough speed to break away.

He led the nation coming into this game against NC State, he has 288 yards rushing so far.

Florida State game just started. First defensive snap for the Seminoles, Christian Jones unblocked TFL. Yea, should probably block him.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-16-2013 at 03:48 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #162
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully I am getting ready to watch the next Head Coach of the Houston Texans beat the USC Trojans. Always impressed at how well David Shaw has the Stanford Cardinal so well prepared in all 3 phases of the game.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #163
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Hopefully I am getting ready to watch the next Head Coach of the Houston Texans beat the USC Trojans. Always impressed at how well David Shaw has the Stanford Cardinal so well prepared in all 3 phases of the game.
You jinxed them. Stanford lost to USC 17-20.
Old 11-22-2013   #164
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am stoked for A&M vs. LSU this weekend. Watch party at my friend's house, big ass TV... it's going to be a blast.

I might be nuts, but I think A&M takes this one. Defense makes stops when it needs to, and actually played a lot better vs. Miss St. than the record indicates (garbage time points for Miss St.) I think if A&M hangs 42+ on LSU A&M wins.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #165
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I am stoked for A&M vs. LSU this weekend. Watch party at my friend's house, big ass TV... it's going to be a blast.

I might be nuts, but I think A&M takes this one. Defense makes stops when it needs to, and actually played a lot better vs. Miss St. than the record indicates (garbage time points for Miss St.) I think if A&M hangs 42+ on LSU A&M wins.
I think A&M will win too. LSU's defense is not as great this year than they have been in the past and their offense is not very inventive. I don't think they keep pace.
Old 11-23-2013   #166
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post

As long as they are still Aggies and haven't become Texans you're in good hands.
Old 11-23-2013   #167
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
As long as they are still Aggies and haven't become Texans you're in good hands.
Spoke too soon

I have a sick gut feeling that this is gonna be a bad sports weekend for me. A win tomorrow vs. Jax would do a lot to lift my sporting spirits lol
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #168
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rivalry Week.

Florida Florida State at noon.

Auburn Alabama at 3:30.

Clemson South Carolina night game.

Lots of other great games on today.
Old 11-30-2013   #169
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see his talents translating to the NFL very well but you have to really appreciate everything that Connor Shaw does for South Carolina. That dude is a hoss.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #170
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I don't see his talents translating to the NFL very well but you have to really appreciate everything that Connor Shaw does for South Carolina. That dude is a hoss.
It's a crime that people are considering McCarron for the Heisman, but not Shaw.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #171
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It's a crime that people are considering McCarron for the Heisman, but not Shaw.
Well we can scratch that after today, despite McCarron having a decent game.

It's Winston's to lose, but the allegations against him could have an impact. Braxton Miller will get a big bump after today.

Andre Williams got hurt today and didn't put big numbers up for BC and that's all the reason voters need to keep him out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final three is Winston, Miller, and Jordan Lynch. Maybe Shaw or McCarron gets invited as part of a career achievement campaign.
Old 12-01-2013   #172
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep hearing that Texas A&M has one of the best OL in college football. I have to say in the last 2 weeks the A&M OL has been abused and manhandled by LSU and Missouri.
Old 12-01-2013   #173
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I keep hearing that Texas A&M has one of the best OL in college football. I have to say in the last 2 weeks the A&M OL has been abused and manhandled by LSU and Missouri.
A&M's OL is overrated by people who want to downplay how good Manziel is, but it's still pretty good.

LSU and Missouri are both really good in the trenches though, make no mistake.

A&M's real problem is that their playcalling can be really obvious at times, and if you can take their WRs off their routes and keep Manziel in the pocket it takes away their explosive plays.
Old 12-01-2013   #174
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
A&M's OL is overrated by people who want to downplay how good Manziel is, but it's still pretty good.

LSU and Missouri are both really good in the trenches though, make no mistake.

A&M's real problem is that their playcalling can be really obvious at times, and if you can take their WRs off their routes and keep Manziel in the pocket it takes away their explosive plays.
Their playcalling has been bad all year. They had trouble protecting Manziel, but still ran the ball effectively with the RB's tonight. Yet they called 60% pass plays in a game that was a one possession game the entire night. Mizzou threw the ball more effectively, but still leaned on the run game to carry their offense to a win.

This has been a problem for A&M all season.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #175
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Their playcalling has been bad all year. They had trouble protecting Manziel, but still ran the ball effectively with the RB's tonight. Yet they called 60% pass plays in a game that was a one possession game the entire night. Mizzou threw the ball more effectively, but still leaned on the run game to carry their offense to a win.

This has been a problem for A&M all season.
Mizzouri just took away their screen and short passing game and batted balls down at the line and it was easy. Manziel was also inaccurate with the short stuff toward the end of the game, once running around when Evans was open, throwing late and high to him, then behind on a screen pass that Mizzouri had read anyway. Almost missed Labheart running wide open on a crossing route but Manziel finally saw him after running around in a circle and after Labheart was doing jumping jacks.

I was watching with my family and nobody understands why Manziel is even an NFL prospect at all. He was having trouble just getting the ball past the defensive line. I wouldn't draft Manziel in the first 3 maybe 4 rounds. I don't see anything about him that says NFL. Not interested at all. Mike Evans looked frustrated with the inaccuracy last night.

TAMU will find someone else at QB equally as good or better at actually playing QB rather quickly if I had to guess. Their scheme gets people open and makes it easy on playmakers. You could see that last night, even when balls were getting batted down at the LOS.
Old 12-01-2013   #176
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Mizzouri just took away their screen and short passing game and batted balls down at the line and it was easy. Manziel was also inaccurate with the short stuff toward the end of the game, once running around when Evans was open, throwing late and high to him, then behind on a screen pass that Mizzouri had read anyway. Almost missed Labheart running wide open on a crossing route but Manziel finally saw him after running around in a circle and after Labheart was doing jumping jacks.

I was watching with my family and nobody understands why Manziel is even an NFL prospect at all. He was having trouble just getting the ball past the defensive line. I wouldn't draft Manziel in the first 3 maybe 4 rounds. I don't see anything about him that says NFL. Not interested at all. Mike Evans looked frustrated with the inaccuracy last night.

TAMU will find someone else at QB equally as good or better at actually playing QB rather quickly if I had to guess. Their scheme gets people open and makes it easy on playmakers. You could see that last night, even when balls were getting batted down at the LOS.
But he's the most exciting player in college football.... if you enjoy watching that backyard football crap from your qb....i personally enjoy watching a qb masterfully orchestrate an offense....the chess game of it all...the defense countering ..the qb counters back.....

But the bolded is why i dont put much weight into his or really any spread qb's numbers....often times the scheme does most of the heavy lifting for qbs in those types of systems and its easy as hell to look good as a qb in those types of systems.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #177
Texian
Hall of Fame

As I sit here watching Russell Wilson vs Drew Brees on MNF, I'm thinking Johnny Manziel vs Aaron Murray.
Old 12-02-2013   #178
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As I sit here watching Russell Wilson vs Drew Brees on MNF, I'm thinking Johnny Manziel vs Aaron Murray.
Who is Murray and who is Manziel?.
Old 12-02-2013   #179
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Who is Murray and who is Manziel?.
Manziel is Wilson; Murray is Brees

tonite is 6' or < ball. Wilson is 5'10", Brees is 6'. Manziel and Murray are both close to 6'

Last edited by Texian; 12-02-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2013   #180
bah007
Hall of Fame

LOL Manziel is Russell Wilson just because they are similar height?

They are literally not comparable in any way besides their height and that they are both athletic.

I don't buy that Murray is the next Brees either but at least they are somewhat similar.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read