Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-25-2013   #21
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TexansTalk Top 10: 2014 Draft

After losing yesterday to the Jags you can probably narrow this down to top 5. Maybe even #1 overall.
Old 11-27-2013   #22
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91623 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Jadeveon Clowney - DE, South Carolina
2. Anthony Barr - OLB, UCLA
3. Teddy Bridgewater - QB, Louisville
4. Jake Matthews - OT, Texas A&M
5. C.J. Moseley - ILB, Alabama
6. Mike Evans - WR, Texas A&M
7. Cyrus Kouandjio - OT, Alabama
8. Justin Gilbert - CB, Oklahoma St
9. Cameron Erving - OT, Florida St
10. Sammy Watkins - WR, Clemson
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013   #23
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Clowney and Watt on the same D would be sick.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #24
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I notice that I am the only one that has Jernigan in their top 10, has anyone had a chance to watch him play? I think he could play either DT or 3-4 DE. Very quick and does well with his hands, a bit like Watt.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #25
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91623 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I project Jernigan the same way. I think he fits well in either system. My worry with him is that he doesn't stand out against good teams. He does most of his damage against inferior opponents.

Florida St has been so much better in the trenches than everyone they have played this year that it has made it difficult for me to scout him. Lamarcus Joyner and Christian Jones stand out far more to me.
Old 12-02-2013   #26
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126395 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I project Jernigan the same way. I think he fits well in either system. My worry with him is that he doesn't stand out against good teams. He does most of his damage against inferior opponents.

Florida St has been so much better in the trenches than everyone they have played this year that it has made it difficult for me to scout him. Lamarcus Joyner and Christian Jones stand out far more to me.
Joyner has possible character issues. Something about writing a paper about how he beat a gay kid half to death in high school.

Take it with a grain of salt, but here it is:

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-i...eac-1467707410

Quote:
Like the blue-chip defensive secondary leader who wrote his personal essay for an openly gay professor on the time in high school he gleefully commanded a posse to bash a girly fag near to death, caved the queer's face, and ruined his smile.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #27
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Joyner has possible character issues. Something about writing a paper about how he beat a gay kid half to death in high school.

Take it with a grain of salt, but here it is:

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-i...eac-1467707410
Could be any number of players really. They are all blue-chip guys.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #28
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126395 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Could be any number of players really. They are all blue-chip guys.
True, but defensive secondary leader? That sounds like Joyner.

It's an internet article and I have no idea how true it is. He's a great player, I'll leave the FO to do their homework and pull the trigger. On a talent basis I'd love to have him.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #29
bah007
Hall of Fame

My Top 32:

1. Jadeveon Clowney – DE, South Carolina
2. Anthony Barr – OLB, UCLA
3. Teddy Bridgewater – QB, Louisville
4. Jake Matthews – OT, Texas A&M
5. C.J. Moseley – ILB, Alabama
6. Sammy Watkins – WR, Clemson
7. Khalil Mack – OLB, Buffalo
8. Cameron Erving – OT, Florida St
9. Justin Gilbert – CB, Oklahoma St
10. Cyrus Kouandjio – OT, Alabama
11. Marqise Lee – WR, USC
12. Stephon Tuitt – DE, Notre Dame
13. Mike Evans – WR, Texas A&M
14. Louis Nix – DT, Notre Dame
15. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu – CB, Oregon
16. Zach Mettenberger – QB, LSU
17. Eric Ebron – TE, North Carolina
18. Blake Bortles – QB, UCF
19. Antonio Richardson – OT, Tennessee
20. Darqueze Dennard – CB, Michigan St
21. Ra’Shede Hageman – DT, Minnesota
22. Trent Murphy – DE, Stanford
23. Tim Jernigan – DT, Florida St
24. Taylor Lewan – OT, Michigan
25. HaHa Clinton-Dix – S, Alabama
26. Greg Robinson – OT, Auburn
27. Jordan Matthews – WR, Vanderbilt
28. Bishop Sankey – HB, Washington
29. Jace Amaro – TE, Texas Tech
30. Derek Carr – QB, Fresno St
31. Gabe Jackson – OG, Mississippi St
32. Jason Verrett – CB, TCU

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read