Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-23-2013   #141
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts get Trent Richardson from Browns

He's riding the pine in my fantasy leagues. Can't even get touchdowns. My league has no good RB free agents available, but I managed to snag Mike Tolbert. Here's hoping he continues the trend of punching in touchdowns from the one yard line.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #142
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts bench Trent Richardson
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #143
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading some of the posts in this thread when the trade went down really does make some of you look dumb. I knew it from day 1 the guy was a dud. And the Browns fooled the Colts big time. The guy just doesn't have it.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #144
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Reading some of the posts in this thread when the trade went down really does make some of you look dumb. I knew it from day 1 the guy was a dud. And the Browns fooled the Colts big time. The guy just doesn't have it.
Agreed with you then and agree with you after reading through this thread now, and I assume you have never posted something on a message board that later turned out to be wrong?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #145
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Agreed with you then and agree with you after reading through this thread now, and I assume you have never posted something on a message board that later turned out to be wrong?
I have. But some people were suggesting he was the second coming of o.j. Simpson. That crow has been served for those.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #146
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have. But some people were suggesting he was the second coming of o.j. Simpson. That crow has been served for those.
Indeed it has.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #147
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's hoping the Colts pick ends up as one of the Browns two firsts traded to Texans.
Old 12-03-2013   #148
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns may not have such terrible run blocking after all. Richardson just seems to have poor vision. He can break tackles and has good speed, but he's not a very good back.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #149
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I won't speak for anyone but I'm pretty sure I thought this was an idiotic trade by the Browns..so I sure an eating my words.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #150
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I won't speak for anyone but I'm pretty sure I thought this was an idiotic trade by the Browns..so I sure an eating my words.
I thought the Colts overpaid for him, but that he would turn the corner in their offense. Turns out.....it wasn't the Browns that were the problem.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #151
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in as one who was foolishly wrong on this trade. I still can't believe a guy with that much talent has fallen off so much. I don't think it would hurt him to drop some weight in the offseason and get back closer to his early college build if he can. He doesn't show any burst right now whatsoever.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #152
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Count me in as one who was foolishly wrong on this trade. I still can't believe a guy with that much talent has fallen off so much. I don't think it would hurt him to drop some weight in the offseason and get back closer to his early college build if he can. He doesn't show any burst right now whatsoever.
I didn't think Richardson would absolutely suck, but I don't see what they hype was about what he did in college. I mean, he had good production and physical tools, but he looked poor to me as an actual RB.

From two years ago: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...on#post1891542
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #153
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The Browns may not have such terrible run blocking after all. Richardson just seems to have poor vision. He can break tackles and has good speed, but he's not a very good back.
That's for darn sure! Holy moly, you just have to wonder what he's seeing when he chooses his running lanes. Here I thought Slaton had the worst vision. This dude takes the cake
Old 12-04-2013   #154
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I thought the Colts overpaid for him, but that he would turn the corner in their offense. Turns out.....it wasn't the Browns that were the problem.
Well that's the first time I have heard those words uttered since the early 90's.
Old 12-04-2013   #155
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I didn't think Richardson would absolutely suck, but I don't see what they hype was about what he did in college. I mean, he had good production and physical tools, but he looked poor to me as an actual RB.

From two years ago: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...on#post1891542
Yep, you called it. Apparently he's Toby Gerhart 2.0. A mediocre RB who had an excellent run-blocking o-line in college.
Old 12-04-2013   #156
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Jim Brown knows great RB's when he sees them.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #157
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan McCrystal ‏@Ryan_McCrystal
Quote:
The Browns have more 1st round draft picks than Trent Richardson had rushing yards in the playoffs.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #158
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I know I was wrong about Richardson. I don't think he'd be great back but I had no idea he'd turn out to be this terrible. Hell I could be a poor evaluator of talent maybe the colts could hire me too.
Old 01-13-2014   #159
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Well I know I was wrong about Richardson. I don't think he'd be great back but I had no idea he'd turn out to be this terrible. Hell I could be a poor evaluator of talent maybe the colts could hire me too.
Even the people who thought he was overrated thought that he was closer to Just Another Guy, not one of the worst running backs in the league.
Old 01-13-2014   #160
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He's looking like the new age Ron Dayne.
I disagree. You feed Ron Dayne the ball all day and he'll eventually get that ypc up there. It wasn't pretty but he'd eventually wear them down.

Richardson doesn't do anything. It's weird. He looks like he's about to bust one open but it just almost never happens. It's like when he hits a hole it was by accident.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read