Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2013   #61
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pats week - Yankees go home

I'm really surprised at the line in this game. Pats -7.5 is crazy. Dang, we just lost by 7 to the Jags. I know NE played a long, emotional game, but still. I'm just not optimistic about this game at all. Tom Brady against McCain/Harris in man coverage? Keenum looks as lost as ever, and he gets to go up against a Belichick coached defense? Needless to say, I don't like the match up on either side of the ball. I always hope for a Texans win, but I'll be surprised if this stays within single digits.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #62
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Yankee Texans fan checking in:

I wouldn't mind seeing the team win. Everyone gets their free slushie, we maybe exorcise some demons from last year, stop the losing streak, everybody feels good in the short term...

But if it means we lose out on Bridgewater/Clowney and it means a few more wins, leading to Kubiak (and by Kubiak - whom I like - I really mean Marciano) being retained...I hope Tom Brady drops a 40-burger on us.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #63
patfanken
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 patfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respectedpatfanken is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a couple of comments on the comments:

1. There is no other team in the league that moves to the next page better than the Patriots. However that being said, they did play a 5 quarter, uber-emotional late game and human nature is human nature and it can be easy to see the Pats come out flat for this game.

2. This is the Texan's superbowl, and the longer they stay in the game the more of a dogfight this will be. The longer they stay in the game the longer the fans will be in the game. A fast start for the Pats will be ideal, but might be hard to come by.

3. The Jags just proved to you that EVERYONE in the NFL is capable of winning on any given Sunday. The worst no name at the end of the bench is better than any football player you are likely to have known

4. The key to your team's problems IMHO, is with the HC. He's not horrible, just not above average. Even with the injuries, with the exception of the QB position the Pats are certainly no more talented than the Texans. But they have been molded into a much better TEAM. That is a function of coaching.

5. This has been one of the more amazing Pats teams in the last 13 years. It will go down as one of my favorites regardless of how thi season ends. Remember the Pats have lost their ENTIRE middle of the their D and BOTH of their 2 "replaceable" players in Mayo and Wilfolk.

Not only did we start the season keeping an amazing 13 rookies (6 draft picks and 6 UDFA) I mean who keeps SIX UDFA's We have been starting, not one by 2 UDFA's as DT's and 2 of the 3 guys backing them up are UDFA. That's nuts And that doesn't even consider this issues on losing 5 of your 6 top receivers from your team and the have the 6th one miss half the season......and be down to your THIRD string RT

6. So it I have to give the Pats one attribute for this season, its mental toughness. We as fans might not think they have any chance to win a game, but they certainly don't. They 24-0 comeback wasn't the first multi-TD deficit the Pats had overcome this season

7. The Texans still have 2 of my favorite players to watch in this league. Andre Johnson is one. Can you imagine what kind of career Johnson would have had if he'd had Tom Brady throwing to him all those years. He's a certain HOFer now, but those could have been Jerry Rice like numbers. Don't forget that Matt Schaub has been the BEST QB Johnson's had

And JJ Watt is have a great season as well. He was my draft Binky that year and I was bitterly disappointed the Pats didn't have a shot at him. In fact I was surprised he went that high. When I think of Watt I think of the first Pats game last season. IIRC that was one of the most impressive individual performances I'd seen by a DL in a long. What made it so memorable after the fact that was Watt had something like 2 tackles on his stat sheet. He was visibly awesome, even though the Pats did a great job keeping him off the stat sheet, THAT's how good he is, and Houston fans should feel lucky to be able to watch him every week.
patfanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #64
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 945 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It is all on the defense to win this game, they can't and shouldn't expect anything from the offense with Kubiak calling plays and Case now going in line with the system more then his more successful off schedule play making.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #65
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Highlighting Patriots-Texans connections
November, 29, 2013
By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com

Quote:
Linebacker Jeff Tarpinian: Originally signed as an undrafted free agent out of Iowa back in 2011, Tarpinian was released by the Patriots from their practice squad this year before landing on the Panthers' practice squad, albeit briefly. He was signed by the Texans, who had been hurt by inside linebacker injuries, on Oct. 28, and quickly has made an impact. In three games, Tarpinian already has 14 tackles.

Cornerback Josh Victorian: A former member of the Patriots' practice squad, Victorian is a reserve defensive back in Houston who has two tackles in three games played this season.

Associate director of pro scouting Bobby Grier: A member of the Patriots' organization for nearly two decades from 1981 to 1999, Grier joined the Texans in the same role he currently serves in. He worked in a number of capacities in New England, including three years as the vice president of player personnel from 1997 to 1999.

And now, a trio of current Patriots with Texans ties.

Defensive tackle Chris Jones: A sixth-round pick for Houston this past April, Jones was waived by the Texans and Buccaneers before landing in New England. Given that he already has five sacks this season and is playing a healthy number of snaps per game, its fair to wonder if the Texans wish they could have this one back.

Running back Cierre Wood: The practice squad player was undrafted out of Notre Dame, landing on the Texans, where little-touted backs have gone on to success (notably, Arian Foster). Wood was among a trio of Texans who were released from the active roster as a disciplinary measure after an incident the night before a game against the Chiefs.

Linebacker Ja'Gared Davis: Another current practice squad player, Davis was signed by the Texans as an undrafted free agent out of SMU this April. Upon being waived in late August, Davis landed with the Patriots via a waiver claim. He was promoted to the active roster for one game this season before being waived and re-signed to the practice squad.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #66
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
I'm really surprised at the line in this game. Pats -7.5 is crazy. Dang, we just lost by 7 to the Jags. I know NE played a long, emotional game, but still. I'm just not optimistic about this game at all. Tom Brady against McCain/Harris in man coverage? Keenum looks as lost as ever, and he gets to go up against a Belichick coached defense? Needless to say, I don't like the match up on either side of the ball. I always hope for a Texans win, but I'll be surprised if this stays within single digits.

NFL POINTS PER GAME

Rank 7

Team PATRIOTS

2013 26.2

Last 3 36.3

Last 1 34.0

Home 30.3

Away 21.2

2012 33.9

With Vegas expecting at least a 48 points being scored this game with a 7.5 betting line, looks like we're expected to do some decent scoring.
Old 11-30-2013   #67
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

If we can't show a run game against the Pats to help out Case, it will truly be a sad day in that their run defense is 31st in the NFL.........they have no Mayo, no Kelly, and no Wilfork. And their secondary which has played quite commendably may not get much out of Talib, who didn't finish the last game (after missing 3 previous games) due to his hip flexor injury. He is purported to play Sunday. Seeing that he has already had a re-injury, another is VERY likely with so little rest.
Old 11-30-2013   #68
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
I have a funny feeling that the Texans will win.
As I'm sure fans of the Jaguars and Falcons feel that way also. But there's a better chance of the Jaguars beating the Browns and the Falcons beating the Bills tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2013   #69
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If we can't show a run game against the Pats to help out Case, it will truly be a sad day in that their run defense is 31st in the NFL.........they have no Mayo, no Kelly, and no Wilfork. And their secondary which has played quite commendably may not get much out of Talib, who didn't finish the last game (after missing 3 previous games) due to his hip flexor injury. He is purported to play Sunday. Seeing that he has already had a re-injury, another is VERY likely with so little rest.
Ben Tate is horrendous and can't run at all right now. He should have been put on IR weeks ago with those broken ribs. One yard on seven carries against the lowly Jaguars defense should tell you plenty. Dennis Johnson may be able to break off a few big runs. That kid is fun to watch but even if he has a lot of carries and over 100 yards rushing it's not going to be enough to beat Tom Brady.
Old 11-30-2013   #70
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

It's way to important for the Patriots to win this week. No way they let the Texans screw up their playoff seeding. BB is a great strategist and Kubiak is the worst in the entire league and he has lost his team. The Texans may not get rolled and might make a game of it, but they aren't winning jack against a motivated Tom Brady who has had to elevate his game every week to overcome the lack of talent he has to work with on offense. Teams that lack the kind of fundamentals that the Texans do aren't going to beat an obsessed leader like Tom Brady at the end of the season when they "need" wins and we are just playing to finish the season.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #71
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 38908 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfanken View Post

2. This is the Texan's superbowl,
I stopped reading after this. This is one of the most overused terms when a bad team plays a good team. It's not their superbowl. It's just another game in a bad season for the Texans.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #72
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Ben Tate is horrendous and can't run at all right now. He should have been put on IR weeks ago with those broken ribs. One yard on seven carries against the lowly Jaguars defense should tell you plenty. Dennis Johnson may be able to break off a few big runs. That kid is fun to watch but even if he has a lot of carries and over 100 yards rushing it's not going to be enough to beat Tom Brady.
His ribs would no longer be his problem.............his problem last week was a Turf Toe.........worse for an RB.........since this is likely to be a factor the rest of this season.
Old 12-01-2013   #73
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfanken View Post
2. This is the Texan's superbowl,
I am glad that you put this at the top of what I would assume is a giant turd of a post, so I at least got a warning before reading the rest of that. Now that you've said your whatever that was, feel free to go back to patsfans or whatever special little cesspool you came from. The coaches and players will do whatever they can to break the loss streak, that doesn't make it their "Super Bowl".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read