Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2013   #101
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Does anyone still believe in Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
A resurrection name which has not been brought up is Steve Mariucci. WCO guy, college QB, QB coach, OC and HC college and pro. Was rumored to be interested in the San Diego Chargers job last year. If McNair believes the two biggest problems this year are QB and injuries he could be seen by McNair as slipping in easily probably without replacing Wade.
I duno how wade keeps his job. He's been terrible in his calls as well as use of people. Wade should be the 2nd to go behind kubes.
Old 11-30-2013   #102
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I duno how wade keeps his job. He's been terrible in his calls as well as use of people. Wade should be the 2nd to go behind kubes.
I dunno about that. We've had 2 good years out of his 3 on D. We also still lead the league in passing yards on D, which shows he's still doing something right while the team is falling apart around him. The offense has had way too many 3 and outs and the D gets exhausted in the 2nd half. I'd like to see him back off the man coverage some too, but I really don't think our D is the problem. Brady will make them look horrible Sunday, but what's Wade supposed to do about that without a healthy Cushing in the middle and an offense that packs it in every 2nd half of every game?

Another thing is nobody wanted JJ Watt, but Wade insisted on it, stood up, took the blame, and said, "This is a good football player." The rest is history.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #103
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I am not advocating anything. I just think McNair will weigh dumping Wade a little more heavily than most coaching decisions.
Old 11-30-2013   #104
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I dunno about that. We've had 2 good years out of his 3 on D. We also still lead the league in passing yards on D, which shows he's still doing something right while the team is falling apart around him. The offense has had way too many 3 and outs and the D gets exhausted in the 2nd half. I'd like to see him back off the man coverage some too, but I really don't think our D is the problem. Brady will make them look horrible Sunday, but what's Wade supposed to do about that without a healthy Cushing in the middle and an offense that packs it in every 2nd half of every game?

Another thing is nobody wanted JJ Watt, but Wade insisted on it, stood up, took the blame, and said, "This is a good football player." The rest is history.
A defensive coordinator needs to be able to hide talent deficiencies and schematically make things challenging for good quarterbacks. Wade does neither of those things, as you just indicated. In today's NFL, defenses can't just line up and physically beat offenses. They are too disadvantaged. Wade did a lot of good, but he is clearly limited and not what is needed to win championships.
Old 11-30-2013   #105
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by acal21 View Post
When I watched this offense all last year i was drooling over the thought of having a mobile, fast QB when Schaub would be Schaub and thought about how amazing we could be

It seems like everyones favorite QB on here is Bridgewater, so would you guys not believe that Kubiak could turn things around and make a run for a Super Bowl in the last year of his contract with a change at QB?
Old 11-30-2013   #106
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I am not advocating anything. I just think McNair will weigh dumping Wade a little more heavily than most coaching decisions.
Agree, it was McNair's decision to hire Wade and it was Wade more than anyone else responsible for Bob' first visits to the playoffs. McNair also seems to have a soft spot for Marciano.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #107
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
A defensive coordinator needs to be able to hide talent deficiencies and schematically make things challenging for good quarterbacks. Wade does neither of those things, as you just indicated. In today's NFL, defenses can't just line up and physically beat offenses. They are too disadvantaged. Wade did a lot of good, but he is clearly limited and not what is needed to win championships.
Why does Wade not get the 10 years to get this thing built that you wanted Kubiak to have? Just curious.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #108
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade has had plenty of head coaching gigs elsewhere and a proven track record of failure wherever he's gone as a head coach. Kubiak didn't.

Just my guess.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #109
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Why does Wade not get the 10 years to get this thing built that you wanted Kubiak to have? Just curious.
He gets what he is given. It's not up to me.

I don't have optimism for Wade to grow into a coach that can win consistently for years and have multiple opportunities for championships. I was hopeful and saw signs that Kubiak was developing into a good head coach and was moving the team that direction. Despite that, I was fully prepared to move on from him in 2010 (hardly 10 years) and am certainly ready for it now (8 years, not 10)...

McNair was patient with Kubiak, believing similarly. McNair miscalculated. Why should I want him to repeat that mistake- simply because I was in agreement with his miscalculation earlier? As a parent, should I also encourage my children to repeat the same mistakes I made?
Old 11-30-2013   #110
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's just say Gruden is our next head coach, for argument's sake. With that said, I'd like to see Wade stay as DC, if possible. I have no desire to see Wade as HC. I think if Wade had one good MLB on the field and somebody running a halfway successful offense (that would actually stay on the field some) that his D would look really good again.

He's also had 1 bad year out of 3 and could always be replaced after another year.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #111
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Id be ok, not thrilled with wade staying. Wades defense needs talent. Plain and simple. He puts guys in tough situations and asks them to be better than the opponent. It's fine when you have the horses, but when you're running guys like merciless, reed, mays, sharpton, keo, earl Mitchell and Brice McCain out there as starters you're going to struggle.

This team needs a real edge pass rusher or two...a mlb, a real NT, and some playmakers in the secondary.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #112
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Pretty strong answer I suppose. Assuming Kubiak is fired at the end of the season, are you going to want Mcnair to give a shorter leash to the next HC that gets hired after seeing how the unconditional patience in Kubiak backfired? I know that I will. I was with Kubiak though, especially after seeing what happened with Capers. After the Capers debacle I never understood why people wanted Kubiak to have all of this extra time that other coaches never seem to get. I really hopes this franchise learns from babying and coddling their coaches going forward.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #113
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak will get another HC job and succeed. I imagine teams will battle for him, depending on what vacancies there are. I know the Broncos Pat Bowlen wants him back, but their coaching room is pretty full.

IMO, he's a top 5 OC. I think some organizational things went awry here, and that needs to be fixed.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #114
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Kubiak will get another HC job and succeed.
I doubt it...no leadership and old, slow system. League evolving, Kubiak stuck in the 90's

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #115
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Kubiak will get another HC job and succeed. I imagine teams will battle for him, depending on what vacancies there are. I know the Broncos Pat Bowlen wants him back, but their coaching room is pretty full.

IMO, he's a top 5 OC. I think some organizational things went awry here, and that needs to be fixed.
Kubiak is done dude.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #116
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't seen a "In Kubes We Trust" siggy in a long time. As I recall, they were popular while he hovered around the .500 mark season after season.
Old 12-06-2013   #117
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Smith still believed....'till McNair told him to stop believing. It's all good now

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read