Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2013   #21
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do the Texans Drop ticket prices this year?

For the record, this year was the eighth time in eleven opportunities that the Texans have raised ticket prices. The only years that prices weren't raised was in 2003, 2006 and 2011. Ticket prices weren't raised in '06 and '11 because of the poor product put on the field the season before. Ticket prices in 2003 remained the same as in '02 as part of the team's original ticket sales and marketing plan. link

Remember when parking was $10? That doubled after just two years of franchise existence.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #22
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

My memory has gotten bad because I thought the only time my tickets remained the same were the two years promised when the organization began. Now I'm about $2.50 short of my tickets doubling in cost.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #23
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

why in the hell would the texans drop prices? how bout you buy a dime bag then sell it for a nickel. hold on wait people have quarters for that dime bag and are waiting for to spend a quarter on that dime bag but yeah sell it for a nickel. hey i got a wooden nickel for a dollar. any takers???
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #24
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a better chance of being the Texans starting QB next year.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #25
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm pretty much sure that there's only been one season where that hasn't
been a ticket increase irrespective of the record. Other than that, they'll be going up yet again!
Not true. There was about three years when prices didn't go up. Then, when prices did go up after the 9-7 season, I wasn't that angry, because they increase was justified.

As for this year? No, there won't be an increase. No way they could justify it.

What'll probably happen is prices will stay flat, but they'll probably splurge on nice gifts for season ticket holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #26
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
For the record, this year was the eighth time in eleven opportunities that the Texans have raised ticket prices. The only years that prices weren't raised was in 2003, 2006 and 2011. Ticket prices weren't raised in '06 and '11 because of the poor product put on the field the season before. Ticket prices in 2003 remained the same as in '02 as part of the team's original ticket sales and marketing plan. link

Remember when parking was $10? That doubled after just two years of franchise existence.
100 percent correct. Prices were kept down for a few seasons.

They simply can't justify an increase this year. Sorry, Bob, but you're making less profit this year on your billion dollar corporation. This is why THE HEAD COACH MATTERS. When you settle for "good enough" and mediocrity, profits don't increase.

As for parking, my buddy handles the parking passes, so I'm not 100 percent sure, but, I'm pretty sure our parking pass is $40 or so a game.

Old 11-29-2013   #27
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Not true. There was about three years when prices didn't go up. Then, when prices did go up after the 9-7 season, I wasn't that angry, because they increase was justified.

As for this year? No, there won't be an increase. No way they could justify it.

What'll probably happen is prices will stay flat, but they'll probably splurge on nice gifts for season ticket holders.

I'm sure they can. They'll just claim that injuries and bad luck derailed us to a 2-14 season. That we had a chance to win many of those 14 losses in a row. But then they will bring up the excitement of having the first overall pick in a very deep 2014 draft class. How they have plans for an amazing draft day party for the fans and how 2014 is going to be our year to make a legitimate Super Bowl run. And some Houston fans, like myself, are gullible enough to believe that.
Old 11-29-2013   #28
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I'm sure they can. They'll just claim that injuries and bad luck derailed us to a 2-14 season. That we had a chance to win many of those 14 losses in a row. But then they will bring up the excitement of having the first overall pick in a very deep 2014 draft class. How they have plans for an amazing draft day party for the fans and how 2014 is going to be our year to make a legitimate Super Bowl run. And some Houston fans, like myself, are gullible enough to believe that.
Eh, they could, but, they would be insane to even consider that. I really don't think they have any leverage to raise prices. This is the same fan base that lost it when our high paid QB was put back into a game; if they tried to raise prices, fans will burn Reliant to the freaking ground.

Old 11-29-2013   #29
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans don't raise prices this year, e.g., 4%, I would expect 8% the next season.
Old 11-29-2013   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
If the Texans don't raise prices this year, e.g., 4%, I would expect 8% the next season.
Yep

If they do well next yr you can expect a 6-8% increase in 2015. BoB needs to clean house after this yr or people will begin to catch on to his tactics.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yep

If they do well next yr you can expect a 6-8% increase in 2015. BoB needs to clean house after this yr or people will begin to catch on to his tactics.
Most of that tactic is called keeping up with inflation. $75 for a ticket in 2002 is $100 now to stay even.
Old 11-30-2013   #32
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Most of that tactic is called keeping up with inflation. $75 for a ticket in 2002 is $100 now to stay even.
I see the profit on my ticket going from $44 in 2002 to $85.50 now. I also see that PSL holders can make a profit if they purchased in 2002, though it would probably be a difficult decision.

I guess ole Jerry decided to make his profit up front when moving to the new stadium and keep prices the same for at least five years.
Old 11-30-2013   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I see the profit on my ticket going from $44 in 2002 to $85.50 now.
You are talking price, not profit correct? - and are you talking about Cowboys tickets?
Old 11-30-2013   #34
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You are talking price, not profit correct? - and are you talking about Cowboys tickets?
Profit. My math isn't that good and trying to keep it simple my thought was inflation would cause my ticket price to increase from $44 to perhaps $65 or $70, and everything above would be profit. I mentioned Cowboys tickets and perhaps Jerry starting high up front only because there hasn't been an increase since moving into the new stadium. I was expecting gradual increases each year, but it hasn't happened yet.
Old 11-30-2013   #35
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

I don't know who wrote that article, but it is not correct. I know for a fact they raised prices in '06. It's the only time I've ever considered not renewing. They made a coaching change so I stayed on.

Now, sometimes they don't raise the price of every ticket in the stadium (I know some folks in the 600's who haven't had a price increase in 2 or 3 years or so), but prices have gone up somewhere every year but one.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #36
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

No way...that secret meeting recently with the minority owners was not about Kubes. It was aboout how they were gonna stick a 15% increase on us.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #37
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I don't know who wrote that article, but it is not correct. I know for a fact they raised prices in '06. It's the only time I've ever considered not renewing. They made a coaching change so I stayed on.

Now, sometimes they don't raise the price of every ticket in the stadium (I know some folks in the 600's who haven't had a price increase in 2 or 3 years or so), but prices have gone up somewhere every year but one.
Well, they didn't raise prices in section 324 in 2006, I can tell you that. I think they raise prices depending on the section, the last time a certain section has had an increase, etc.

They don't do across-the-board increases.
Old 12-01-2013   #38
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure they either marginally increased prices or kept them flat after the year we went 2-14.

So I doubt it
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read