Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-25-2013   #1
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Blake Bortles

Blake Bortles, QB, University of Central Florida, 6'4" 230 lbs, Junior

only recently talk of Bortles declaring for 2014 NFL Draft. If he does he will spring to 1st Rd consideration.

Blake Bortles' Game Winning Drive Vs. Louisville , beating Teddy Bridewater, in Louisville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsHSYdNv2C4

This is the kind of QB you want to have the ball in his hands late in the 4th Q or the last possession.

You can watch UCF and Bortles Friday night vs South Florida on ESPN @ 7:00PM

and

UCF and Bortles vs SMU, Saturday, Dec 7th @ 11:00Am on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ule/_/id/2116/
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #2
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Thanks to whoever moved this to the right place. Sorry about that.
Old 11-25-2013   #3
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like Bortles but there have been many rumors that he will return for his senior year. He's currently rated as a late 2nd-early 3rd, which I think is a little low. If he went back for his senior year he could turn that into a sure fire 1st round grade.

If UCF ends up getting the BCS bid and he plays well in the bowl game he might decide to jump. I really like their RB Storm Johnson as well. He's also a junior.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #4
Texian
Hall of Fame

Following the coverage of the exciting come from behind Temple win, this story on NFL Draft Scout came out about Blake Bortles. Most draftniks follow NFL Draft Scout and why all of sudden Bortles has become newsworthy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...forget-bortles
Old 11-26-2013   #5
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

watched a bit of game film and I'm certainly intrigued. ill definitely look out for him a bit more now
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

OK Boys and Girls, this is a friendly reminder that Blake Bortles will be taking the Gridiron tonight (Friday Night) @ 7:00pm on ESPN. Tune in or set those DVRs. That is all!
Old 11-29-2013   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Bortles will also be on ESPN next Saturday vs SMU at 11:00am.
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2013   #8
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad there are others that share the same love for Bortles that I have. He's not a finished product (not a single QB in this class is) but the poise and ability he shows under pressure and when the game is on the line is what makes me believe he is the BEST QB in this class should he choose to come out.

It bothers me that ESPN and other "draft experts" keep saying this is a deep QB class because the talent level sucks IMO. There is not a single QB available that can step up and lead an NFL team like Luck or RGIII did their rookie seasons.

And they barely mention Bortles name (which is good for us).
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I'm glad there are others that share the same love for Bortles that I have. He's not a finished product (not a single QB in this class is) but the poise and ability he shows under pressure and when the game is on the line is what makes me believe he is the BEST QB in this class should he choose to come out.

It bothers me that ESPN and other "draft experts" keep saying this is a deep QB class because the talent level sucks IMO. There is not a single QB available that can step up and lead an NFL team like Luck or RGIII did their rookie seasons.

And they barely mention Bortles name (which is good for us).
This is a deep QB class in the sense that there is potentially 8 or 9 guys that teams could fall in love with.

But I agree, this class lacks top tier talent and is severely overrated due to the need for QB talent for about half the teams in the league.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
This is a deep QB class in the sense that there is potentially 8 or 9 guys that teams could fall in love with.

But I agree, this class lacks top tier talent and is severely overrated due to the need for QB talent for about half the teams in the league.
I think you covered all your bases with that comment.
Old 11-29-2013   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am tuning into ESPN but basketball game on now just beginning second half. Any idea what is going on?

Well I will watch Mariota play Oregon State 7:12 pm 17-7 Oregon. Mariota 6 of 7 107 yds 15.3. Oregon St held them to a three and now fixing to score.
Old 11-29-2013   #12
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am tuning into ESPN but basketball game on now just beginning second half. Any idea what is going on?

Well I will watch Mariota play Oregon State 7:12 pm 17-7 Oregon. Mariota 6 of 7 107 yds 15.3. Oregon St held them to a three and now fixing to score.
UCF game is now on ESPNews until after BB game.
Old 11-29-2013   #13
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
UCF game is now on ESPNews until after BB game.
Just tuned in
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #14
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
Just tuned in
Haven't missed much, UCF 3 possessions, Storm Johnson (2) fumbles, (1) FG, starting 4th possession now. Game now on ESPN
Old 11-29-2013   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Now on ESPN 206 on Direct TV and Bortles pass tipped for INT
Old 11-29-2013   #16
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 15034 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else to watch for this game Texian?
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #17
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
Anyone else to watch for this game Texian?
JJ Worton #9 a JR WR for UCF and EJ Dunston #95 DT, UCF (a day 2 or 3 pick)

South Fla DeDe Lattimore #34 a last day or UDFA ILB
Old 11-29-2013   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

only one half but nothing to excite me. He seems to be "fluid" in the pocket and runs smoothly. Expected to see more against a 2-8 team.
Old 11-30-2013   #19
Texian
Hall of Fame

Bortles probably played his worst game this year. However true to form with ball in hand with 4 minutes left in the game, behind 16 - 20, Bortles leads team on game winning drive to win the conference championship and preserve a BCS Bowl game. With that said, earlier turnovers and poor team play lead me to think that Bortles along with Mariota and Hundley, all will return to school. UCF only has 8 seniors and 2014 offers a chance at the National Championship and a run at the Heisman. If Bortles has an All American game in the Sugar or Orange Bowl, then maybe he will declare but still doubtful.
Old 11-30-2013   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

UCF redshirt junior QB Blake Bortles completed 17 of 26 attempts for 219 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions in a 23-20 win over USF.
Bortles had a couple of less than stellar quarters, and while both of his interceptions were tipped, the redshirt junior did fumble and take multiple sacks when attempting to buy time in the pocket. We love Bortles' style, and he plays like a poor man's Andrew Luck. We doubt he enter the 2014 NFL Draft, however.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...-s-ahmad-dixon

*These are headlines so go down to third paragraph.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read