Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Did Kubiak make the right call?
Yes, Keenum should have been the starter. 39 79.59%
No, he should have given TJ an honest shot at starting. 4 8.16%
No, he should have given Schaub a shot at getting out of his slump. 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2013   #21
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did Kubiak make the right call?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It was the right call to go to Keenum. Schaub was hurt and you know what you have in Yates. See what the kid can do so you know where you stand at QB come offseason.

I do feel bad for Yates though because he hasn't been given a shot. I think we all know that we would see Schaub Jr, but it still sucks for him. He did win the 1st playoff game in franchise history.
& that alone should commanded he get at least 1 start before Case.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #22
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting... So 80% of you are ok with the current outcome of the team.

Personally, I'd rather be 4-7, but in contention for playoffs.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #23
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Interesting... So 80% of you are ok with the current outcome of the team.

Personally, I'd rather be 4-7, but in contention for playoffs.
Nobody is okay with anything. Many of us realized that Schaub was past his prime and was now regressing. We realized that if he couldn't get us there in his peak, then he certainly wouldn't get us there in his decline. We were eager to see what we had in Keenum because that determines what we do this offseason more than anything.

IMO, Keenum is not the answer either and we need to draft a guy next year. I'm glad he didn't sit behind Schaub all season or I wouldn't have come to that conclusion. I'm sure others agree.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #24
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1938 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was definitely the right call to go with keenum, I'm not even sure i could put myself through all these losses with schaub at qb...
acal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #25
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 945 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly think he should have given Yates a shot.

After all the success he has had in the past, unless in practice he has regressed as badly as Schaub, which didn't seem to be the situation during the pre-season, for all the respect he showed to before being forced to remove Schaub I don't get why Yates wasn't shown small consideration for at least one start.

Yates in his rookie year proved he had a arm, wasn't very consistent but he could move better then Schaub and frankly when the collar wasn't on his neck he shown some interesting flashes. The fact is I don't know if Yates would have performed better then Keenum but I think he deserved a shot which bringing him in during garbage time in blow out losses wasn't.

Keenum is better then I thought he'd be when plays breakdown and he has to improvise but due to the team not winning we are seeing Kubiak beat that out of him and in the end that is really a shame. Both Yates and Keenum seem to deserve better then the respect or lack of it that I feel the coaching has given them.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #26
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I said many weeks ago that MS should be inactive and Case and TJ should be 1 and 2. We know what MS is and more than likely we will let him go so why is he even active. This is the best chance to see Case and TJ and make a real evaluation of what you have.

So NO Kubiak again did not make the right call.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMHO, I have seen enough of Yates to know he is no starter. End of story (for me, anyway).

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #28
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
IMHO, I have seen enough of Yates to know he is no starter. End of story (for me, anyway).
I tend to agree but I have seen way more than enough of MS to know what he is. At least something may be gained if Case is hurt and the backup has to go in. End of story (for me, anyway)
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

right now I don't think it matters who the QB is. Let Case play, because if anyone thinks Schaub or Yates will do any better, they are mistaken. The team is just junked out right now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #30
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

kubiak screwed yates over so bad. not even funny. case has proved to be absolutely nothing more than a undrafted free agent in a league where qb is the most important position.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read