Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2013   #21
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does anyone still believe in Kubiak?

We need a new regime! Kubiak needs to go or it will be more of the same CRAP!
Old 11-25-2013   #22
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Maybbbbeee myabbbeee if we win out and show we can beat dees elite teams in Denver pats and colts and wipe out ten and jags on the road then IDK but we will see
Didn't you bring up the win-out idea in another thread?

If they win the rest of their games it will just piss me off more. Where was this team and coach capable of winning games when it mattered? Now that you're fighting for your job you decide to call good games and put a good product on the field?

Screw that.

Winning out does nothing but keep the status quo for another year.
Old 11-25-2013   #23
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-25-2013   #24
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Never believed in him as THE guy. He needs to go ASAP.
Old 11-25-2013   #25
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak has a great offensive mind and was a pretty good OC at one point. But he's a horrible Head Coach. He needs to be fired although I'd like for him to remain as OC. But that's never going to happen. It's time to for him to go. His scheme has it's advantages, but he is supposed to be the HC not just the OC.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #26
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Then I guess every owner in the league has a loser's mentality since mid-season firings are rare.
Yes. Owners care about money. Winning is gravy.
Old 11-26-2013   #27
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe that he will be fired.
Old 11-26-2013   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

man right about now im feeling really depressed about my team and ya know losing sucks ....I just want this season to be over

and u know what scares me I feel our team has lost all hope maybe we are tanking maybe we are trying but we know even our best isn't good enough and maybe we are just bruised and battered

and u know what worries me is two elite teams are coming IN Denver and Pats ...and man I really hope we don't get beaten 2 bad by them I would hate to have a 40 burger layed on us

It just sucks right now
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #29
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
HELL NO.

- I want a coach who trusts his quarterback to be able to fully audible at the line of scrimmage. I want a coach who has the ability to employ a no huddle offense. Its a sad situation to see in year 2013 of the nfl where your offense cant do a no huddle, cant audible and your QB cant freely change plays at the line of scrimmage.

- I want a coach who is up to date with the rest of the nfl landscape and not on some arrogant i dont need to change my system works fine the way it is mentality.

- I want a coach who holds everybody accountable. Doesnt give exemptions to special teams coaches or lousy quarterbacks.

- I want a coach who doesnt employ draconian zero tolerance policies. This is a football team, not political office or the boy scouts. I want a coach who values athletic talent over perfect behavior. I want a coach who can give his players a second chance instead of cutting the cord as soon as they make one mistake on or off the field.

-Last but not least, i want a coach with guts, a true backbone. I guy with charisma and personality. A coach who is not afraid to go for a score before halftime ends. A coach who has the courage to look at a crucial field goal. A coach who goes for the jugular, a coach who goes for the win, not playing not to lose.

Well said!
Old 11-26-2013   #30
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope.
Old 11-26-2013   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

That he can get back to 12-4 in a few years, yes. That he is our best chance to win a Superbowl, no.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #32
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Kubiak has a great offensive mind and was a pretty good OC at one point. But he's a horrible Head Coach. He needs to be fired although I'd like for him to remain as OC. But that's never going to happen. It's time to for him to go. His scheme has it's advantages, but he is supposed to be the HC not just the OC.
Can someone explain to me how he's a great offensive mind, yet utterly predictable as a play caller? How does this gel?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Can someone explain to me how he's a great offensive mind, yet utterly predictable as a play caller? How does this gel?
Would a top notch auto mechanic in the 70's be a top notch mechanic today ?
Old 11-26-2013   #34
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Still believe in him? Who really believed in him in the first place? Now granted I thought he could get it done in the first few years, but after year 4 and it was the same thing, over and over, the belief dwindled.

After 2010, the belief became a myth and it was time for him to go...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #35
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
He is not, he just had a great QB that made him look like one....

Tis called fools gold, kinda like Fools Gold Phillips....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #36
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I want a new Gm and a new head coach. I envy the patriots, because I wish our organization was like that. Fearless and relentless. But I'm afraid the problem is the owner.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #37
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
HELL NO.

- I want a coach who trusts his quarterback to be able to fully audible at the line of scrimmage. I want a coach who has the ability to employ a no huddle offense. Its a sad situation to see in year 2013 of the nfl where your offense cant do a no huddle, cant audible and your QB cant freely change plays at the line of scrimmage.

- I want a coach who is up to date with the rest of the nfl landscape and not on some arrogant i dont need to change my system works fine the way it is mentality.

- I want a coach who holds everybody accountable. Doesnt give exemptions to special teams coaches or lousy quarterbacks.

- I want a coach who doesnt employ draconian zero tolerance policies. This is a football team, not political office or the boy scouts. I want a coach who values athletic talent over perfect behavior. I want a coach who can give his players a second chance instead of cutting the cord as soon as they make one mistake on or off the field.

-Last but not least, i want a coach with guts, a true backbone. I guy with charisma and personality. A coach who is not afraid to go for a score before halftime ends. A coach who has the courage to look at a crucial field goal. A coach who goes for the jugular, a coach who goes for the win, not playing not to lose.
So who hasn't had a second chance after making a mistake? Some undrafted FAs and a unmotivated draft pick? Do you know if this was their first offense? Basically, it sounds like you want a coach to fire/bench people that have performed well in the past that you see as underperforming and keep players you see as having potential but having done anything good yet. Accountability should be on a sliding scale. UDFAs have a much shorter leash that the starting QB does. So does a backup RB that fumbles or a rookie WR2 that runs the wrong routes. If you are talking about drafting players with "questionable" marks against them, would you like to go through the lists of busts of players like that? I wanted Alfonzo Dennard and would gladly have taken Juston Blackmon. We took Sam Montgomery. Look at them now. It's all risk/reward. Marciano should have been gone years ago though.

As for your other points, I agree with them for the most part. I don't think Kubiak has any "trust" issues with Schaub. He just runs the system he was taught and developed which ties into your 2nd point. The last point is also just pointing to your 2nd point. Kubiak's system gives him the odds on plays being successful and he generally follows that. That's the George Seifert way. Most people that want Kubiak gone (before this season anyways) just don't like his system. This year his (and Phillips) system has show how outdated it really is.

Time for a change. Let's hope it ends up better and not worse.
Old 11-26-2013   #38
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't respect Kubiak as a decision maker or head coach...
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #39
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
I don't respect Kubiak as a decision maker or head coach...
...because he's a racist...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #40
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Kubiak, expect him to have success somewhere else when he finishes up here.

I think it's time to change though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read