Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-26-2013   #41
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey guys, what do you think about Derek Carr..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Even if it happens, I'm not buying a Carr jersey ever.

This would also really make the Texans a joke if he did bust... Just sayin'.
They kind of are already a joke aren't they? When your owner comes out and says "SB or bust" in a year where you end up having the worst record in the entire league earned by losing to the previous worst team in the league at home, you are already the butt of all jokes aren't you?
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #42
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
First, that post was full of crap.. and 2012, it will be two full years before we get the earliest chance to win a championship

And what? Thanks for your guess as to the timeframe but that has nothing to do with anything I said

Quote:
Second, Bob owes the fans and consumers of his product (who according to Forbes has made his franchise one of the highest valued team in the league) a lot more than just serving up crap and just having a team here. If you're just a mindless paying customer that doesn't expect some "level of performance" than you are nothing, but a freaking sucker willing to throw away a dollar in his pocket...

Bob doesnt owe you any level of performance. Performance wasnt some factor in getting a team here or keeping it here. Chances are people will keep throwing the money at it as they have done in the past

Quote:
BTW, anybody who named themselves "2012Champs" obviously felt like "some level of performance was entitled to them". If they didn't your name would be 2012Chumps

We were champs in 2012 of the Afc South however I didnt feel entitled to anything, this is a game for entertainment purposes. If you feel entitled to some level of performance from a NFL or any other sports team for that matter I find that rather comical
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #43
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think he is saying he wants an elite prospect instead of a fixer-upper. They aren't a dime a dozen but it's not a decade wait between them.
Yep, What I meant is there's no clear cut #1 QB in this draft and while it's a deep draft, the talent level/potential doesn't drop off from the #1 QB taken at the top of the draft from QBs taken in the second round.
Old 11-26-2013   #44
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
And what? Thanks for your guess as to the timeframe but that has nothing to do with anything I said

Bob doesnt owe you any level of performance. Performance wasnt some factor in getting a team here or keeping it here. Chances are people will keep throwing the money at it as they have done in the past

We were champs in 2012 of the AFc South however I didn't feel entitled to anything, this is a game for entertainment purposes. If you feel entitled to some level of performance from a NFL or any other sports team for that matter I find that rather comical
LMAO.. that's like claiming your first kiss was a kiss with your sister. The fact that you even prop up a Divisional championship is what I find comical. And yes, a certain level of performance IS EXPECTED if it wasn't no coaches would ever be fired from a NFL or any other sports team ever.
Old 11-26-2013   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me go on the record,

I would rather not have a team in Houston than have the product that is currently being thrown out on the field. I'm sure 2012 feels differently.

But if everybody pulled a either do everything you can BoB to put a winner on the field or get out of town, like we did with Bud. Then I'm sure things would truly change down on Kirby.

It looks like that may have to happen or BoB retire/die for change to happen.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #46
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LMAO.. that's like claiming your first kiss was a kiss with your sister. The fact that you even prop up a Divisional championship is what I find comical.

What comical is that your attempt to bring in a user name into any debate whatsoever as though it makes your point. I felt when I signed up that the division would be a lock for us its that simple. Its not about entitlement. You arent entitled to any level of performance from any sports team. Come down to reality and get over yourself if you think otherwise
Old 11-26-2013   #47
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Let me go on the record,

I would rather not have a team in Houston than have the product that is currently being thrown out on the field. I'm sure 2012 feels differently.

But if everybody pulled a either do everything you can BoB to put a winner on the field or get out of town, like we did with Bud. Then I'm sure things would truly change down on Kirby.

It looks like that may have to happen or BoB retire/die for change to happen.

In mass you arent going to pull a "do everything you can or get out of town bob" no matter how many times you type BoB on this site. Given the option more people would rather have a team in town vs not having one at all.
Old 11-26-2013   #48
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What comical is that your attempt to bring in a user name into any debate whatsoever as though it makes your point. I felt when I signed up that the division would be a lock for us its that simple. Its not about entitlement. You aren't entitled to any level of performance from any sports team. Come down to reality and get over yourself if you think otherwise
No.. it did make a point (which is what is comical about this debate) and it is entitlement

"I felt when I signed up that the division would be a lock for us its that simple"

Hell if you look up the definition of "entitlement" they might as well type what you did above. You created a name, because you felt "entitled" to win the division.. you had a expectation of a on the field level of performance... and felt entitled to certain results and a division championship. The only one who needs to snap back to reality and get over themselves here is you.

Your entire post is complete hypocrisy.
Old 11-26-2013   #49
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Let me go on the record,

I would rather not have a team in Houston than have the product that is currently being thrown out on the field.
Quoted for the wow. That is the definition of bandwagon.
Old 11-26-2013   #50
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No.. it did make a point (which is what is comical about this debate) and it is entitlement

"I felt when I signed up that the division would be a lock for us"

Hell if you look up the definition of "entitlement" they might as well type what you did above. You created a name, because you felt "entitled" to win the division.. you had a expectation of a on the field level of performance... and felt entitled to certain results and a division championship. The only one who needs to snap back to reality and get over themselves here is you.

Your entire post is complete hypocrisy.

Let me help you out with what entitlement actually means instead of your made up scenario

Quote:
en·ti·tle·ment
noun \-ˈtī-təl-mənt\

: the condition of having a right to have, do, or get something

: the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)

: a type of financial help provided by the government for members of a particular group

I did not have a right to a Division title

I did not have a feeling or belieg that I deserved to be given aything(Mind you, you do understand that the championship was the Texans and not mine correct?)

Nothing financial

expectation? let me help you with that too as it is not the same thing as entitled

Quote:
ex·pec·ta·tion
noun \ˌek-ˌspek-ˈtā-shən, ik-\

: a belief that something will happen or is likely to happen

: a feeling or belief about how successful, good, etc., someone or something will be

I had an expectation that Texans would take the south. I also have an expectation that tax rates will go up. Does that mean I feel entitled to higher tax rates? It is either obvious these are facts or a mental disorder is working overtime here
Old 11-26-2013   #51
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Let me help you out with what entitlement actually means instead of your made up scenario

I did not have a right to a Division title

I did not have a feeling or belieg that I deserved to be given aything(Mind you, you do understand that the championship was the Texans and not mine correct?)

Nothing financial

expectation? let me help you with that too as it is not the same thing as entitled

I had an expectation that Texans would take the south. I also have an expectation that tax rates will go up. Does that mean I feel entitled to higher tax rates? You either are obvious to these facts or a mental disorder is working overtime here
LMAO.. and who needs to unplug from the internet now?

You actually posting the definition of entitlement proved exactly what I said.

Hence.. feeling or belief.. what's short for feeling, oh "felt" you "felt the division would be a lock" You felt "entitled" to it. Can you please cut the crap here.

especially with this..

"(Mind you, you do understand that the championship was the Texans and not mine correct?)"

Thank you captain obvious, When a fan watches his team win the SB they don't expect to take home the freaking Lombardi trophy or expect to receive a ring in the mail either.
Old 11-26-2013   #52
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

These rants and strange debates are railroading every thread in the draft forum. Nobody cares about y'all's little debate. Take it to a PM or something. I don't want to sift through 2 pages of ranting ridiculousness when trying to read a thread.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #53
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LMAO.. and who needs to unplug from the internet now?

You actually posting the definition of entitlement proved exactly what I said.

Hence.. feeling or belief.. what's short for feeling, oh "felt" you "felt the division would be a lock" You felt "entitled" to it. Can you please cut the crap here.

especially with this..

"(Mind you, you do understand that the championship was the Texans and not mine correct?)"

Thank you captain obvious, When a fan watches his team win the SB they don't expect to take home the freaking Lombardi trophy or expect to receive a ring in the mail either.

I didnt feel I deserved or had a right to anything. Do you think I feel entitled to higher taxes?

expecation vs entitlement. Read for yourself you clearly are having issues
Old 11-26-2013   #54
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would anyone want another Carr here? Good lord that is crazy. Never would I go down that road again with another Carr, Shanahan, Capers, Kubiak, or a Schaub. Just bad karma all around.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #55
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
These rants and strange debates are railroading every thread in the draft forum. Nobody cares about y'all's little debate. Take it to a PM or something. I don't want to sift through 2 pages of ranting ridiculousness when trying to read a thread.

This thread started off as a silly rant. Its not causing any of the other threads to fall off the first page so just ignore it as there isnt any content within anyhow
Old 11-26-2013   #56
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I didn't fire the first shot. If he wants to P.M.me then that's fine. This is just a precursor of what will happen to anybody who has a negative opinion of "Johnny football"

Which is why I originally said it's going to be a fun offseason and it's 2006 all over again.
Old 11-26-2013   #57
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Why would anyone want another Carr here? Good lord that is crazy. Never would I go down that road again with another Carr, Shanahan, Capers, Kubiak, or a Schaub. Just bad karma all around.
If the kid can play.. I'll take him and I don't give a crap about his last name.

Peyton is Brady's prison girlfriend, but his little brother has denied him of two SB rings.

If the guy can play, who care's if he's David's brother.
Old 11-26-2013   #58
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
So you're down to wait another 10 years? Mannings don't come along often. Roethlisberger's got one more ring than Manning does, I'll tell you that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think he is saying he wants an elite prospect instead of a fixer-upper. They aren't a dime a dozen but it's not a decade wait between them.
What Vinny said.

Quote:
Yep, What I meant is there's no clear cut #1 QB in this draft and while it's a deep draft, the talent level/potential doesn't drop off from the #1 QB taken at the top of the draft from QBs taken in the second round.
Yep. And I'll tell you what I think - we're going to need another QB after the 2014 draft anyway, because whoever they pick, they're not going to be The One. Franchise QBs aren't available every draft, so don't force it. Of course, everyone here thinks we should force it, so whatever. Personally, I can see at least a couple franchise QB prospects coming out next year, but do not see one at all this year. Looking back:

2013: no true franchise prospect

2012: one real no brainer, and then the overblown hype bout RGIII, who I like but do not buy into long term because of his style. In retrospect, Russell Wilson might be the 2nd best QB from that class long term, but no one tabbed him as a true franchise QB prospect.

2011: Cam Newton was the only no brainer, AFAIC

2010: Sam Bradford was considered to be that pro-ready, franchise QB prospect - perhaps not to the talent level of a guy like Luck, but a guy that could be built around. No one else.

2009: Stafford.

2008: Matt Ryan.

Could go on, but you get the point. There's usually (not always) one consensus franchise caliber QB prospect. They're usually taken in the top few picks. Whether or not they pan out is a different subject. But the overriding point is unless you get a top pick in a year that happens to have one of those, you're either forcing the issue and hoping it pans out, or you're developing one from a later round (Wilson, GSmith, Foles, Cousins, Dalton, etc.). That's not any more ht or miss than the top round picks when you look at bust rates, TBH.

I just don't want to see the team force a pick on a QB just because they have a top pick and they need a QB. If the QB isn't there at the top of the first round (there isn't, IMO), then take BPA and grab a QB in the 2nd-4th round. I feel like McCarron, Murray (before injury), Mettenberger, Carr, and maybe another one or two QBs could turn out to be just as good as Bridgewater from this draft. I don't see any of them turning out to be the next Luck, Manning, or even Matt Ryan, but hey, you never know. I just don't see the reward for the risk of a top pick.

JMO.
Old 11-26-2013   #59
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I didnt feel I deserved or had a right to anything. Do you think I feel entitled to higher taxes?

expecation vs entitlement. Read for yourself you clearly are having issues
Please stop blowing smoke up people's rear ends

In your own words.. "you felt" (are we really going to get in a discussion over feelings and felt?) Houston would lock up the division... You felt a sense of entitlement.
Old 11-26-2013   #60
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
What Vinny said.

Yep. And I'll tell you what I think - we're going to need another QB after the 2014 draft anyway, because whoever they pick, they're not going to be The One. Franchise QBs aren't available every draft, so don't force it. Of course, everyone here thinks we should force it, so whatever. Personally, I can see at least a couple franchise QB prospects coming out next year, but do not see one at all this year. Looking back:

2013: no true franchise prospect

2012: one real no brainer, and then the overblown hype bout RGIII, who I like but do not buy into long term because of his style. In retrospect, Russell Wilson might be the 2nd best QB from that class long term, but no one tabbed him as a true franchise QB prospect.

2011: Cam Newton was the only no brainer, AFAIC

2010: Sam Bradford was considered to be that pro-ready, franchise QB prospect - perhaps not to the talent level of a guy like Luck, but a guy that could be built around. No one else.

2009: Stafford.

2008: Matt Ryan.

Could go on, but you get the point. There's usually (not always) one consensus franchise caliber QB prospect. They're usually taken in the top few picks. Whether or not they pan out is a different subject. But the overriding point is unless you get a top pick in a year that happens to have one of those, you're either forcing the issue and hoping it pans out, or you're developing one from a later round (Wilson, GSmith, Foles, Cousins, Dalton, etc.). That's not any more ht or miss than the top round picks when you look at bust rates, TBH.

I just don't want to see the team force a pick on a QB just because they have a top pick and they need a QB. If the QB isn't there at the top of the first round (there isn't, IMO), then take BPA and grab a QB in the 2nd-4th round. I feel like McCarron, Murray (before injury), Mettenberger, Carr, and maybe another one or two QBs could turn out to be just as good as Bridgewater from this draft. I don't see any of them turning out to be the next Luck, Manning, or even Matt Ryan, but hey, you never know. I just don't see the reward for the risk of a top pick.

JMO.
(2012) Andrew Luck?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read