Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-24-2013   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey guys, what do you think about Derek Carr..

#1 pick overall, sell it to the highest bidder for Bridgewater?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #22
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
#1 pick overall, sell it to the highest bidder for Bridgewater?
Agreed, trade down for a boat load of extra picks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #23
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
If some team wants to offer up a war chest of picks I agree... my only issue is, teams usually only trade up for QBs.. and in this deep QB draft where the talent level doesn't really drop off from 1st to 2nd rounders in talent, is there really going to be a trading partner willing to trade up and offer a boat load of extra picks? In a draft that regardless of the depth, there is no clear cut cowbell. We don't even have a RG3 behind Andrew Luck that entices teams to hand over a farm.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #24
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
If some team wants to offer up a war chest of picks I agree... my only issue is, teams usually only trade up for QBs.. and in this deep QB draft where the talent level doesn't really drop off from 1st to 2nd rounders in talent, is there really going to be a trading partner willing to trade up and offer a boat load of extra picks? In a draft that regardless of the depth, there is no clear cut cowbell. We don't even have a RG3 behind Andrew Luck that entices teams to hand over a farm.
The rankings and opinions on next years QB prospects will change alot after the season is over. Bowl season, Senior Bowl, the Combine, and personal workouts will redefine the list of QB's and hopefully a couple of them will distinguish themselves and make someone want to trade up for them. I'm thinking Bridegwater, Hundley, and Mariota will garner us a trading partner provided we don't do something stupid like starting to win games.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'd love to move to #3-5 from #1 pending I could swap firsts , get a #2 this year and a #1 next year. Then you can have your choice of Bridgeclownmathiota.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'd love to move to #3-5 from #1 pending I could swap firsts , get a #2 this year and a #1 next year. Then you can have your choice of Bridgeclownmathiota.
And trade the 2013 picks to move up and get a better QB in 2014.

I would love to see Car#2 here

Rodger can run the new team too.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #27
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In a draft that regardless of the depth, there is no clear cut cowbell.
Bridgewater is clearly regarded as the #1 QB among the scouting community.

Sure, he's not Andrew Luck, but how often do guys like Luck come out? Luck was the first slam dunk QB prospect since Peyton so once every 10-15 years?

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #28
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Bridgewater is clearly regarded as the #1 QB among the scouting community.

Sure, he's not Andrew Luck, but how often do guys like Luck come out? Luck was the first slam dunk QB prospect since Peyton so once every 10-15 years?
This. We need to stop looking for the next Peyton Manning (and who wants that playoff choker, anyway? ) and start looking for the next Rivers, Roethlisberger, etc. These are good-near elite QBs who can elevate their team's play. They don't have to be the next best HOFer passers but they are damn good and they are franchise QBs. That's what we need. A true 12 yr franchise QB.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #29
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
This. We need to stop looking for the next Peyton Manning (and who wants that playoff choker, anyway? ) and start looking for the next Schaub.
FIFY. And consider that we just finished arguing the last couple seasons whether Schaub was elite or at least good enough to get the team to the Super Bowl. Screw that. I want a guy that clearly has a Manning sort of ceiling. I don't believe you have to get that guy in the first round, and he'll need development, but I do not care to shoot for second tier.

Aim higher. Take BEST player available, even if it isn't a QB.
Old 11-25-2013   #30
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs
I think he's David Carr's brother
No he's not.
Quote:
Yes he is.
Doesn't matter.
Quote:
How's his golf game?
He's a very good golfer.
Quote:
'Nuff said.
Arggggh!

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #31
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
And trade the 2013 picks to move up and get a better QB in 2014.

I would love to see Car#2 here

Rodger can run the new team too.
What if the Browns offered both their #1s for the 1st overall ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #32
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

As I said in the other QB thread, I saw a couple of Fresno State games and came away very impressed with Derrick Carr.
I don't want to see the Texans draft him due to the history with his brother and potential fallout/distraction by some media and fans, but that guy looks like a hell of a QB. I think he's going to make a very good pro.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #33
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey 2012champs... since I can't respond to you in the other thread..if they were doing their job, they would've just moved the thread. Something tells me if it didn't involve a "Carr", that thread would've simply been moved, not deleted altogether.

This season is OVER and as long as we have the #1 ovrl pick in the draft I don't see how any prospect is not relevant to the Texans as they now have the pick of the litter. It sure as hell beats the redundant threads that have been retreads for weeks on the Texans football forum.

Regardless though I'll admit I should've posted it here, but it should've been moved here as well. However this season is OVER.. all future discussion is not going to move on to who we should draft. Don't blame me or the people who now only care about that. Blame this sucktastic team, players, and franchise for saying SB or Bust.. and then letting the bottom fall out on route to the 1st pick in the freaking draft.

BTW, don't you ever get tired of calling yourself "2012champs".. we're now are coming off a horrible season heading into the 2014 football season, you're starting to look like some Uganda kid wearing a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl champions T-shirt.

You are falling apart a little bit. Im not sure why you would start melting down but you may need to take a break from the internet. FWIW I dont get tired of a user name, Im not sure that I care much if it is current or how it relates to the season. Id say you are looking like a teen that isnt getting their way.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
You are falling apart a little bit. Im not sure why you would start melting down but you may need to take a break from the internet. FWIW I dont get tired of a user name, Im not sure that I care much if it is current or how it relates to the season. Id say you are looking like a teen that isnt getting their way.
Thanks for being the wonderful moral compass that you are. (Sarcasm////)

Just remember BoB doesn't owe the fans anything. Do you still feel this way oh wise one?
Old 11-25-2013   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What if the Browns offered both their #1s for the 1st overall ?
Yes,

Then I do whatever it takes to be able to position myself to draft one of the top QB's in the 2015 draft. It's a higher end QB draft. This draft will have 1-2 QB's become 10 yr starters. I cant tell you which ones they will be.

Give me Hogan in 2015 over any QB in this draft.
Old 11-26-2013   #36
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Thanks for being the wonderful moral compass that you are. (Sarcasm////)

Just remember BoB doesn't owe the fans anything. Do you still feel this way oh wise one?

That post had nothing to do with moral compass so Im not sure where you are going. Bob doesnt owe the fans anymore than having a team here. Thats what you've got, a full season of games and you arent owed some level of performance you think you are entitled to
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #37
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
FIFY. And consider that we just finished arguing the last couple seasons whether Schaub was elite or at least good enough to get the team to the Super Bowl. Screw that. I want a guy that clearly has a Manning sort of ceiling. I don't believe you have to get that guy in the first round, and he'll need development, but I do not care to shoot for second tier.

Aim higher. Take BEST player available, even if it isn't a QB.
So you're down to wait another 10 years? Mannings don't come along often. Roethlisberger's got one more ring than Manning does, I'll tell you that.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #38
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
So you're down to wait another 10 years? Mannings don't come along often. Roethlisberger's got one more ring than Manning does, I'll tell you that.
I think he is saying he wants an elite prospect instead of a fixer-upper. They aren't a dime a dozen but it's not a decade wait between them.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #39
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
That post had nothing to do with moral compass so I'm not sure where you are going. Bob doesn't owe the fans anymore than having a team here. Thats what you've got, a full season of games and you aren't owed some level of performance you think you are entitled to
First, that post was full of crap.. and 2012, it will be two full years before we get the earliest chance to win a championship

Second, Bob owes the fans and consumers of his product (who according to Forbes has made his franchise one of the highest valued team in the league) a lot more than just serving up crap and just having a team here. If you're just a mindless paying customer that doesn't expect some "level of performance" than you are nothing, but a freaking sucker willing to throw away a dollar in his pocket...

BTW, anybody who named themselves "2012Champs" obviously felt like "some level of performance was entitled to them". If you didn't your name would be 2012Chumps
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #40
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if it happens, I'm not buying a Carr jersey ever.

This would also really make the Texans a joke if he did bust... Just sayin'.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read