Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2013   #901
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Lol, you're using wonderlic scores now to validate your man love? Desperate a bit much? Ok Mike Mamula scored a 49...Dan Marino scored in the mid teens...frank gore also scored a 6..what the wonderlic test proves more than anything is that it's pretty much worthless in predicting anything when it comes to the NFL.

& umm Ok, so your boy couldn't be professional enough to show up to a manning passing camp without a hangover...do i need to say more?
If you don't understand a QB and a 6 Wunderlic score that explains the content of most of your post.
Old 11-25-2013   #902
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
That's a valid point. My point is they found their franchise guy and look at them now. Luck has a horrible team around him and they still went to the playoffs last year and will win the division this year. Imagine what they look like when he has talent around him.
I said it when they traded for Richardson, but they are going to Peyton him with moves like that.

If they ever figure out how to really stock their team, they are going to be tough as hell to beat.
Old 11-25-2013   #903
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I said it when they traded for Richardson, but they are going to Peyton him with moves like that.

If they ever figure out how to really stock their team, they are going to be tough as hell to beat.
and they have $40 mil to spend in 2014.
Old 11-25-2013   #904
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
You've clearly demonstrated that you've a very strong bias against the SEC and SEC players. Therefore it is very hard to accept with any credibility your evaluation of any SEC player. Like many a Big Ten fan you've illustrated through many of your post your dislike, jealousy and envy of the SEC, SEC teams and SEC players.
Haha and where did you find this bias? Did you find it in me ranking Jake Matthews as my #1 OT, Cyrus Kouandjio as my #2 OT, and Taylor Lewan as my #4? That's certainly Big Ten bias.....

Or maybe it's because I like Teddy Bridgewater more than McCarron (like every other NFL scout out there). I even have Aaron Murray (an SEC QB) rated higher than most people.

You're so blinded by your Manziel love that you just toss **** against the wall and hope it sticks. Not only do I not feel that way about SEC prospects, I've actually never even said anything on this board to initiate such a response from somebody.

Jealousy LOL......unreal.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-25-2013   #905
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Haha and where did you find this bias?
Read your post of the last month
Old 11-25-2013   #906
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Apparently you've been reading them so please enlighten me.

Is this an SEC bias or just the fact that I don't like Manziel as a prospect? Be honest.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-25-2013   #907
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Contrary to your popular belief, I have no affiliation to Texas A&M whatsoever. The same is true about Baylor and me having no connection at all when I was all in for RGIII. FYI AN FWIW prior to the 2012 season I said the Texans would be in the predicament they're in today and no you you never saw it coming.

Lol at you trying to make yourself seem like you're some kind of genius b/c you were all in for 1 of the 2 best qb prospects to come out of the draft since Manning and Leaf. Everyone and the mother was advocating for their respective teams to try & trade up for either Luck or RG3.

& ok, you "predicted" nothing. It was reasonable to assume that we would need a qb within the next couple of years just based on Schaub's injury history, contract, age & declining production alone. So you "predicting" a whole year ahead of Schaub's implosion doesn't make you look like you know what you're talking about any more than the posters on this very board who predicted it 2 years before 2012 based on things that they didn't like about Schaub. Like them you basically just threw a bunch crap on the wall & hope it stuck.

Get outta here with this "smartest guy in the room" garbage.
Old 11-25-2013   #908
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's a valid point. My point is they found their franchise guy and look at them now. Luck has a horrible team around him and they still went to the playoffs last year and will win the division this year. Imagine what they look like when he has talent around him.
That's the really scary bit, unfortunately. If Luck gets his hands on an elite WR...
Old 11-25-2013   #909
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
quoted deleted material, and yes moderated
I didn't delete a post. As I said, I'm pretty sure it must have been a mod that did that. The only reason I removed Marcus from my post as well as my additional shots at you was because you had not responded to me yet, and I knew it would cause this kind of childish outbursts from you. This is par for the course for you. Even in the threads (mostly political in nature) that I agree with you on, you are always shouting and whining in your posts.

Also, I never said I was going to disregard everyone of your posts. I said I was going to disregard your posts in this thread in regards to Manziel. I think you are a biased, butt hurt Texas fan that can't handle the fact that A&M is in the spotlight all the while your team is floundering losing to the powerhouses BYU and Ole Miss.

I've pointed out Manziel's flaws and contrary to your opinion, I don't want the Texans to draft him.
Old 11-25-2013   #910
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you don't understand a QB and a 6 Wunderlic score that explains the content of most of your post.
No what it explains is that you really have no argument & are either trolling or simply don't know what the hell you're talking about.

FYI, Ryan Fitzpatrick score a 48 on his wonderlic too.....championship!
Old 11-25-2013   #911
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Going forward I suggest you pay special attention to Bridgewater's deep pass and the trajectory and the amount of air he has to put under it. Also at 6'3" and 205 lbs he is a bit frail. I am also interested in his hand size. At this point IMHO he could be a poor man's Geno Smith.
He's only 205 lbs?!? Wow! He looks the part on TV, but I guess he really isn't all that big. Admittedly I haven't watched much of him.

I'm curious. Who would you like us to draft?
Old 11-25-2013   #912
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Luck's offensive coordinator doesn't appear to be very smart. They run a strange offense for a team with a franchise QB and their playcalling can be perplexing at time. They need to change offensive coordinators.
Old 11-25-2013   #913
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Also I'd like to ask what exactly the difference is between Manziel and RG3 at this point? I know most Texans fans would have killed to have RG3 on this team, myself included. What about his game is really that much better than Manziel's?
Old 11-25-2013   #914
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Luck's offensive coordinator doesn't appear to be very smart. They run a strange offense for a team with a franchise QB and their playcalling can be perplexing at time. They need to change offensive coordinators.
Indy went out and hired his OC from Stanford. He's trying to recreate the offense they had there with Gerhart and Stephan Taylor at RB. They have Brown and Richardson at RB, Fleener and Allen at TE, and speedsters at WR like Hilton and Heyward-Bey.

It would be a great offense for Luck if they had a great O-Line and good RB's like they had at Stanford. But they don't. They should be in 3-4 WR sets every play with Donald Brown playing RB as a pass blocker and receiver. Instead they line up in heavy formations and try to prove to the world that Trent Richardson is a decent RB.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-25-2013   #915
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha and where did you find this bias? Did you find it in me ranking Jake Matthews as my #1 OT, Cyrus Kouandjio as my #2 OT, and Taylor Lewan as my #4? That's certainly Big Ten bias.....

Or maybe it's because I like Teddy Bridgewater more than McCarron (like every other NFL scout out there). I even have Aaron Murray (an SEC QB) rated higher than most people.

You're so blinded by your Manziel love that you just toss **** against the wall and hope it sticks. Not only do I not feel that way about SEC prospects, I've actually never even said anything on this board to initiate such a response from somebody.

Jealousy LOL......unreal.
Quote:
This just in .... Johnny is still 6' .
Old 11-25-2013   #916
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Also I'd like to ask what exactly the difference is between Manziel and RG3 at this point? I know most Texans fans would have killed to have RG3 on this team, myself included. What about his game is really that much better than Manziel's?
RG3 was more of a natural passer when he came out as opposed to Manziel at this point in his career.

he's also taller & bigger....mechanics & footwork are also better & his arm is also stronger than Manziel's imo.

Even with all that as an advantage, RG3 is still struggling as a passer in the NFL right now.

we can argue as to why, but he's still struggling.
Old 11-25-2013   #917
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I wasn't a big proponent of RG3 so I'll stay away from this one. I thought it was insane that some people thought Luck and RG3 were in the same ballpark. They aren't. The Redskins set their franchise back years with that trade.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-25-2013   #918
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's only 205 lbs?!? Wow! He looks the part on TV, but I guess he really isn't all that big. Admittedly I haven't watched much of him.

I'm curious. Who would you like us to draft?
I think Teddy is a pure WCO QB like Aaron Rogers and Joe Montana ( no Teddy is not Joe ) . You know a bootleg is a vital part of the WCO ? When Schaub ran the bootleg , it was called an orbit .
Old 11-25-2013   #919
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Apparently you've been reading them so please enlighten me.

Is this an SEC bias or just the fact that I don't like Manziel as a prospect? Be honest.
Honest, you've made several comments derogatory of SEC, SEC defenses and the SEC being overrated. You've clearly illustrated your dislike for the SEC. (the good news is I've been reading your post)

Mr teX and WolverineFan it is clear that you've a complete dislike or even a hate for Manziel. It is also clear that I think Manziel will be a top QB pick in the 2014 NFL draft. The 1st QB taken, I really don't know but I wouldn't be surprised. Is Teddy the consensus #1? In the media spin yes but come draft time maybe not.

FYI when I see comments like NFL scouts think this about this Jr. I laugh. NFL Scouts don't begin their evaluation process until a player is actually in the draft. Efficient management of their time and they've a full body of work. Only people evaluating Sophs and Juniors now are media draftniks.

FWIW at this point I'm thinking if the Texans have #1 pick they might be better served trading back w/ Cleveland at #10 for their #1, their 2nd RD and their 1st RD in 2015 (if not more). Texans clean house and dump all bad money in 2014. Who do the Texans take with 10th pick? Depends on what QBs go back to school? A top OT and Aaron Brown and Jeremiah Attaochu with their two 2nds sounds like a great start to the rebuilding program.

As for our Manziel discussion I think we've exhausted our positions and at this point we're wasting bandwidth.
Old 11-25-2013   #920
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Honest, you've made several comments derogatory of SEC, SEC defenses and the SEC being overrated. You've clearly illustrated your dislike for the SEC. (the good news is I've been reading your post)

Mr teX and WolverineFan it is clear that you've a complete dislike or even a hate for Manziel. It is also clear that I think Manziel will be a top QB pick in the 2014 NFL draft. The 1st QB taken, I really don't know but I wouldn't be surprised. Is Teddy the consensus #1? In the media spin yes but come draft time maybe not.

FWIW at this point I'm thinking if the Texans have #1 pick they might be better served trading back w/ Cleveland at #10 for their #1, their 2nd RD and their 1st RD in 2015. Texans clean house and dump all bad money in 2014. Who do the Texans take with 10th pick? Depends on what QBs go back to school? A top OT and Aaron Brown and Jeremiah Attaochu with their two 2nds sounds like a great start to the rebuilding program.

As for our Manziel discussion I think we've exhausted our positions and at this point we're wasting bandwidth.
No dislike for him...i don't know the kid personally. I only dislike the opinions of people who are ready to annoint this kid.....like yours. As it is, you can't even be critical of the kid without 1 of you coming out the woodworks in his defense.

For what it's worth, i think it's in his best interest to go back to school for another year. There's no denying he's got talent & athleticism, he simply needs to get better passing the ball. Anyone who seriously watches him can see that. he's extremely raw.

By the way, i feel almost the exact same way about Brett Hundley.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read