Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2013   #881
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

The game cost manziel the heisman and several drafts spots. He will likely still get drafted but probably late first or early second. His teammates, especially the oline did him no favors and that int was on the receiver.

He needs a big performance against Missouri to help himself. Another egg laying and he may be waiting well into day 2 before he heard his name called.
Old 11-25-2013   #882
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
different offenses yield different results uncle nate.....

& Robinson actually was a candidate going into his jr. sesaon i believe. & tell me again how manziel's numbers in college are going to help him in the NFL?

Lol, you seem to be caught up in numbers instead of looking at a player for what he is.....

Dude is an athlete playing the qb position....nothing wrong with that. Just admit it...you'll be better for it.
Manziel's numbers in college will help him in the same way that Luck and RGIII numbers in college helped them.

I will admit I seen Manziel do things on a football field as a QB that no QB has done before. I do expect that as a NFL QB he will be better than Wilson and Kaepernick and I see Manziel playing with a Bret Farve gunslinger's mentality....Whew, I feel better now, thanks!
Old 11-25-2013   #883
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Manziel's numbers in college will help him in the same way that Luck and RGIII numbers in college helped them.

I will admit I seen Manziel do things on a football field as a QB that no QB has done before. I do expect that as a NFL QB he will be better than Wilson and Kaepernick and I see Manziel playing with a Bret Farve gunslinger's mentality....Whew, I feel better now, thanks!
Old 11-25-2013   #884
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and I thought you were smart enough to know, it doesn't take a lot of neurons to be in the know.
Old 11-25-2013   #885
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and I thought you were smart enough to know, it doesn't take a lot of neurons to be in the know.
we've been round and round on this before, i know you're most likely dead serious. I just chose to let sleeping dogs lay is all...largely b/c there's enough dissention out on him amongst real NFL scouts to validate what myself and others seem to see that you don't.

& to be truthful the only come back your types have is.."bu bu bu, look at his stats!!!!" Which quite honestly isn't a come back at all.

It's all too familiar around here.

1st it was VY and his "he just wins!!!" fan boys...they got obliterated once he started playing in the NFL and looked like trash.......although there are remnants of them around still deluded in thinking this dude can play.

We are currently entering the last days of the Keenum brigade's "give case a chance!!" campaign...Well he's getting his chance...& things aren't looking good.

So honestly i don't expect anything different with the Manziel "look what he's doing in the SEC" fanboys..
Old 11-25-2013   #886
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If this were true he would have thrown for close to 4000 yards and been a Heisman candidate, but he wasn't.
Actually his Sophomore year he threw for 2570 yards and ran for 1702 (which was an NCAA record for rush yards by a QB) and had 32 total TD's. He finished 6th in Heisman voting and was a leading candidate going into his Junior year.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-25-2013   #887
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Actually his Sophomore year he threw for 2570 yards and ran for 1702 (which was an NCAA record for rush yards by a QB) and had 32 total TD's. He finished 6th in Heisman voting and was a leading candidate going into his Junior year.
a far cry from Manziel's "Freshman Year".
Old 11-25-2013   #888
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
a far cry from Manziel's "Freshman Year".
Again, they played in different offenses. As we talked about earlier in the week, Manziel played in an offense that threw the ball 60% of the time. Robinson played in an offense that threw the ball 40% of the time.

And Manziel was a RS Freshman his first year as a starter. Robinson was a true Sophomore. They were both in their 2nd year in the program.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-25-2013   #889
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
real NFL scouts to validate what myself and others seem to see that you don't.
I don't consider you and U of H and Case fans to be real NFL scouts and as for VY he scored a 6 on the Wunderlic and has the work ethic JaMarcus Russell....do I need to say more?
Old 11-25-2013   #890
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Again, they played in different offenses. As we talked about earlier in the week, Manziel played in an offense that threw the ball 60% of the time. Robinson played in an offense that threw the ball 40% of the time.

And Manziel was a RS Freshman his first year as a starter. Robinson was a true Sophomore. They were both in their 2nd year in the program.
Sounds like more excuses....either that or a Big Ten fan's 2 cents worth. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 11-25-2013   #891
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:

You're wasting your breath man....dude is in the full throws of "manziel mania"...It's similar to "tebow time" only its much more contagious for folks like us considering that we are virtually at ground zero seeing as though college station is so close.
Old 11-25-2013   #892
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You're wasting your breath man....dude is in the full throws of "manziel mania"...It's similar to "tebow time" only its much more contagious for folks like us considering that we are virtually at ground zero seeing as though college station is so close.
Contrary to your popular belief, I have no affiliation to Texas A&M whatsoever. The same is true about Baylor and me having no connection at all when I was all in for RGIII. FYI AN FWIW prior to the 2012 season I said the Texans would be in the predicament they're in today and no you you never saw it coming.
Old 11-25-2013   #893
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yea I think I'm done arguing with him. It's pointless. He doesn't understand how to differentiate between offenses. He thinks Michael Vick ran a spread offense in 1999 and that Graham Harrell and Johnny Manziel played in completely different offenses. It's impossible to have a reasonable debate with a guy who uses stats to validate his argument and then shoots down the stats you use in a counter argument.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-25-2013   #894
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Contrary to your popular belief, I have no affiliation to Texas A&M whatsoever. The same is true about Baylor and me having no connection at all when I was all in for RGIII. FYI AN FWIW prior to the 2012 season I said the Texans would be in the predicament they're in today and no you you never saw it coming.
I argued for us to tank for Luck in 2012, FWIW. I still think we should have. The Colts did and look at them now.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-25-2013   #895
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I argued for us to tank for Luck in 2012, FWIW. I still think we should have. The Colts did and look at them now.
Getting blown out by the Arizona Cardinals and the St. Louis Rams?

Just poking.
Old 11-25-2013   #896
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't consider you and U of H and Case fans to be real NFL scouts and as for VY he scored a 6 on the Wunderlic and has the work ethic JaMarcus Russell....do I need to say more?
Lol, you're using wonderlic scores now to validate your man love? Desperate a bit much? Ok Mike Mamula scored a 49...Dan Marino scored in the mid teens...frank gore also scored a 6..what the wonderlic test proves more than anything is that it's pretty much worthless in predicting anything when it comes to the NFL.

& umm Ok, so your boy couldn't be professional enough to show up to a manning passing camp without a hangover...do i need to say more?
Old 11-25-2013   #897
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tebow time was bad around here. I posted a lengthy post about why his success had everything to do with scheme and his power running abilities back then. There were people on the board that didn't want to see that either, but it was nothing like what people were saying around here in Florida. They thought he was going to be the GOAT.
Old 11-25-2013   #898
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yea I think I'm done arguing with him. It's pointless. He doesn't understand how to differentiate between offenses. He thinks Michael Vick ran a spread offense in 1999 and that Graham Harrell and Johnny Manziel played in completely different offenses. It's impossible to have a reasonable debate with a guy who uses stats to validate his argument and then shoots down the stats you use in a counter argument.
You've clearly demonstrated that you've a very strong bias against the SEC and SEC players. Therefore it is very hard to accept with any credibility your evaluation of any SEC player. Like many a Big Ten fan you've illustrated through many of your post your dislike, jealousy and envy of the SEC, SEC teams and SEC players.....and I explained why Vick wouldn't be as successful and Texas A&M would have less wins if Vick had been the Aggie QB the last two years.
Old 11-25-2013   #899
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Getting blown out by the Arizona Cardinals and the St. Louis Rams?

Just poking.
That's a valid point. My point is they found their franchise guy and look at them now. Luck has a horrible team around him and they still went to the playoffs last year and will win the division this year. Imagine what they look like when he has talent around him.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-25-2013   #900
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Clowney worries me- fantastic talent, but that motor...

But yeah, if we can't trade out of the pick, those two are definitely the guys it is down to. Manziel... ha, no way.
Clowney worried me in the sense that I don't think he'll be as good as he could be. And I don't know what defense we'll be running and ect....

But when I think back to Mario, he was kind of disappointing in the sense of his expectations...but he was far superior to anything we have rushing from the edge now. Right now, Mario and jj watt rushing the passer sounds pretty good...to me....

I really haven't looked at every player. I can only speak on the guys I've seen...so there very well could be a pass rusher I like more. But I do know that clowney is a guy that will put some stress on olines and qb's.

But really, I there's no way id pass on bridgewater with the top pick. Not with the info I currently have.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read