Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2013   #61
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Firing an NFL coach in midseason - it's likely to happen in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
Well, kids are grown, and two of the three are married...
At the end of the day , I'm not sure he really wants to get back into the grind after all these years . He may flirt with the idea but when it comes time to toss his hat into the ring , I think he won't . He's got it good .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #62
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29606 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
Am I the only one that keeps constantly refreshing the page hoping to see a "Kubiak fired" thread?
Lmao. Guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #63
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2051 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

Come back here Monday around 10 a.m.: I'm betting it happens.

There's absolutely no downside in doing it. And McNair has to let the fans know that he really does care about what's going on -- at least a little bit.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #64
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8552 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One can only hope.

Sent from the future...
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #65
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's absolutely no downside in doing it.
There is no upside in doing it.
Old 11-25-2013   #66
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81109 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Curious as I was wrapped up in the grey cup all bloody day...

How many empty seats were there today? I know it was likely sold out, but how many no shows? Empty seats inspire owners sometimes.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #67
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Curious as I was wrapped up in the grey cup all bloody day...

How many empty seats were there today? I know it was likely sold out, but how many no shows? Empty seats inspire owners sometimes.

it was not full that's for sure I would say start of the game it was about 87% full

but a lot of people like to hang out in the parking lot or more in the bar area
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #68
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2051 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There is no upside in doing it.
Yes, there is.

Read Solomon's column in today's (Monday's) paper.

He makes a very good point I hadn't thought about: having Kubiak go to Jacksonville next week to play a game on national TV, with a 10-game losing streak in tow, is cruel and unusual punishment.

McNair would be doing a favor to Kubiak, not to mention the fans, by letting the coach go now.
Old 11-25-2013   #69
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, there is.

Read Solomon's column in today's (Monday's) paper.

He makes a very good point I hadn't thought about: having Kubiak go to Jacksonville next week to play a game on national TV, with a 10-game losing streak in tow, is cruel and unusual punishment.

McNair would be doing a favor to Kubiak, not to mention the fans, by letting the coach go now.
I think it is a ridiculous argument. First off, that is not a benefit to the team. Second it is not a kindness to Kubiak. It is just trying to feel better about a decision you already want to make. Coaches do not want to be fired mid-season under any circumstance.
Old 11-25-2013   #70
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8095 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

i just want it to all be over now.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #71
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

infantrycak - What's the worst that can happen by firing Kubiak now (rather than at the end of the season)? They'll lose their remaining five games?

Hey, they'll likely those anyway.

Just let Kubiak go now and put the end to the speculation.

To borrow from the Houston Gamblers, the fans "have waited (and suffered) long enough."
Old 11-25-2013   #72
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
infantrycak - What's the worst that can happen by firing Kubiak now (rather than at the end of the season)? They'll lose their remaining five games?
I didn't say anything about keeping Kubiak so things didn't get worse. I said there was no benefit to firing him now.
Old 11-25-2013   #73
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

One benefit is that you tell the fans you give a crap - the same fans whose support has enabled him to double his $700 million investment in the team.

Benefit No. 2: You let the players know you give a crap.

Benefit No. 3: You advance the story beyond whether or not Kubiak will be fired. You do it, then begin the job of finding his replacement.

Benefit No. 4: You let Kubiak "get on with his life's work" (to quote Chuck Noll).
Old 11-25-2013   #74
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the pats blow us out 93 to nothing not just blow us out beat us so baddddd the even the local broadcast station turns to another game

then Bob will have n choice to start the offseason right NOW LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #75
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There's absolutely no downside in doing it. And McNair has to let the fans know that he really does care about what's going on -- at least a little bit.
It's 0956 Monday morning and I'm sitting here wearing out my refresh key.

Nuttin' yet...still pecking...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #76
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
It's 0956 Monday morning and I'm sitting here wearing out my refresh key.

Nuttin' yet...still pecking...
You'd best peck away until the cows come home, because it ain't gonna happen. Did he fire Dom Capers in the middle of that other 2-14 season?

Did he?

McNair could give two sh!ts about giving fans their little "mental reset".
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #77
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You'd best peck away until the cows come home, because it ain't gonna happen. Did he fire Dom Capers in the middle of that other 2-14 season?

Did he?

McNair could give two sh!ts about giving fans their little "mental reset".
You're right about McNair not caring about the fans.

Little bitter this morning?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #78
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

If McNair made decisions based on what the idiot stick fans around Houston wanted we would be even more of a laughing stock than we probably are now.

And why the hell are people still talking about Cowher like that's some kind of good idea? Leave the guy on CBS there's plenty of coaches that are out there who have actually been coaching in this decade, I'd rather just leave Gruden and Cowher where they currently are and find a coach who has been coaching.
Old 11-25-2013   #79
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Little bitter this morning?
Not at all. Just amazed at how correct Owen Daniels is.

And I know how happy you are, so don't feed me that bullsh!t about how you'd rather win games, than be right about Kubiak. It's all about your hatred for "Enron BoBBy"
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #80
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
This is exactly the problem with firing a coach mid-season. You can't get your real coach for next year yet.

So you name a coordinator who you already know is not a good long term answer as interim (Wade, or Romeo Crennel). Team wins 4 of 5 games in December and then the pressure is crazy high that "you gotta make Wade / Romeo the permanent coach!" Then you are sunk for two more years before you can get a real head coach you want.

Better to let Gary ride down with the ship and take the rest of the staff with him.
yep. Even after watching one of the worst games I have ever had the miserable experience to watch yesterday, I think Kubiak should have to sit there and represent this garbage and own it as his garbage. This is his team. His players, his coaches, his schemes, his decisions.

Yeah, he needs to be fired. But just wait for a few more games and see how long his losing streak can go. Losing to the Jaguars tells me that they can take it to 14 games in a row.

And great point about the perception if an interim coach starts winning games. We do not need anyone on this staff to still be employed next year, so let them all go down with the ship as far as I'm concerned.

Clean house, start over, and [hopefully] pick up a "franchise" QB in the first round. There is no retooling this team. It is time for a complete rebuild, starting in January 2014.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read