Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2013   #21
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wall-Eyed Man Boobs and Firing Wade Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
im not, but that's just how i feel. i wouldnt want my doctor, president (voted for obama btw), lawyer or anybody who makes important life altering decisions to have braids/cornrows.

Would you? Id feel the same if somebody had pink hair or a mullet.

If he's cut them then cool. Anybody but kubiak.
I'd take Kubiak with pink cornrows
Old 11-25-2013   #22
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
Horton's defense didn't look so good against his former team (Steelers) on Sunday.

Keith Butler, the Steelers' LB coach and the heir apparent to LeBeau, would be just as good a choice for the Texans.
They weren't terrible. No sacks and a 41 yard pass. No 41 yd TD pass, Big Ben throws for 170 yards. CLE turned it over 4 times.
Old 11-25-2013   #23
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
im not, but that's just how i feel. i wouldnt want my doctor, president (voted for obama btw), lawyer or anybody who makes important life altering decisions to have braids/cornrows.

Would you? Id feel the same if somebody had pink hair or a mullet.

If he's cut them then cool. Anybody but kubiak.
What the **** is wrong with you
Old 11-25-2013   #24
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm not sure if the system is the issue in the backfield or the coaching/talent is. How can the coaches consistently let the DB's play man and give a 10+ yard cushion? No attempts at jamming the WR's off the LOS or disguising coverages. Remember when JJo and DMan 1st got here and talked about disguising coverages and how brand new that was to the Texans.
It's a combination. Talent is the issue because we only have 3 guys (JJo, KJax, DJ) who can man up consistently. Coaching is the issue because we man up across the board despite only having 3 guys who can do it.

Brice McCain not being able to cover grass is a talent issue. Brice McCain being asked to man up a slot WR 20 times a game is a coaching issue.

Would Wade's scheme be better with more talent? Yes. But you could say that about any scheme. The problem is we don't have that talent and he has shown no ability to adjust to that fact.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013   #25
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
his numbers in this inconsistent offense are actually pretty darn good. The offensive line has really sucked this year- Flacco has no time, we can't run either.

JJ has been an impact when he has been on the field- he missed a bunch of games after the injury in the opener.

His returns constantly put the ravens in good field position yesterday- they just couldn't capitalize.
Jacoby got ran out of town by the masses. Many to this day still don't want consider the possibility that maybe Jacoby has talent that the Texans failed to capitalize on when he was here. They wish to ignore what he is currently doing for the reigning Super Bowl champs.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #26
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I'm done with Wade. His system works in the front-seven because it's simple. It doesn't work in the secondary because.....it's simple. Playing man coverage across a formation gets you killed against any competent QB. As has been shown time after time.
Thats why the Texans are #1 in pass defense?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #27
bigmck
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm absolutely disgusted about nearly everything Texans at this point. The only highlight is it looks like we'll be spending a high draft pick on a QB instead of DL for a change.
Can you image the uproar if the Texans have a top five pick and do not take a QB.
bigmck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read