Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 11-24-2013   #21
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Were number 1

Honestly, tackle can be addressed in the 2nd or 3rd. There's no need to reach.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #22
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Can someone fix the title of this thread?

We WERE #1 in the AFC South. Now we're #1 overall draft pick bound.
Sorry, was a little wound up when I started thread.
Old 11-24-2013   #23
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Why couldn't we have had our meltdown a couple years ago
Or next year when Jameis Winston becomes draft eligible.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #24
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

To All those in love with Teddy Bridgewater, take a look at his long ball and notice how much air he puts under it in order to get it there. It may be OK in college but in the NFL it's an INT waiting to happen. Can you say floater?????
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #25
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
To All those in love with Teddy Bridgewater, take a look at his long ball and notice how much air he puts under it in order to get it there. It may be OK in college but in the NFL it's an INT waiting to happen. Can you say floater?????
As opposed to the floaters Keenum has been throwing or the floaters that fall short from Schaub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #26
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I think you have to go QB. That's the logical answer really. No team will go anywhere without a QB. We don't have one. After years of complaining about Schaub we will finally be in a position to do something about it.

Bridgewater is not the same caliber of prospect as Luck, but how often does that guy come along? We might be waiting a while if that's what we're holding out for. Bridgewater is clearly the best QB in this draft, JMO, and is easily an upgrade over Schaub/Keenum.
Hard to argue against a QB .... just have to decide which one.

Im not at all sold on Bridgewater. I might take Mariota over him based upon physical talent alone , he's just a bigger , stronger , faster guy .... with a bigger arm. Just not sure which one has the better mental game .... ugh. I hate the position we're in because I think any of them could be busts.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #27
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Im not at all sold on Bridgewater. I might take Mariota over him based upon physical talent alone , he's just a bigger , stronger , faster guy .... with a bigger arm. Just not sure which one has the better mental game .... ugh. I hate the position we're in because I think any of them could be busts.
Maybe Clowney gets 53 sacks the rest of the season and then runs a 4.35 at the combine .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Maybe Clowney gets 53 sacks the rest of the season and then runs a 4.35 at the combine .
As good as I think he could be , its really difficult for me to take him .... Guys with motor issues ...

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 11-24-2013   #29
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As good as I think he could be , its really difficult for me to take him .... Guys with motor issues ...
Somebody would want him .

Round Dan
Old 11-24-2013   #30
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Bridgewater definitely has the better mental game. That's why so many scouts like him. Watch his pocket presence and his progressions. Look at how unconcerned he is with the blitz and how quickly he gets the ball out under pressure. The only knock on him is competition. His arm strength isn't elite, but it's more than enough. IMO, the only reason he's not a consensus can't miss QB prospect is because he doesn't have the arm cannon that Stafford, Flacco, etc have.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #31
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Bridgewater definitely has the better mental game. That's why so many scouts like him. Watch his pocket presence and his progressions. Look at how unconcerned he is with the blitz and how quickly he gets the ball out under pressure. The only knock on him is competition. His arm strength isn't elite, but it's more than enough. IMO, the only reason he's not a consensus can't miss QB prospect is because he doesn't have the arm cannon that Stafford, Flacco, etc have.
Teddy has nimble feet to go along with what you mentioned . That's what stuck out to me .

Round Dan
Old 11-24-2013   #32
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
As of today we now have the number 1 pick.
actually....

(8:00 PM): Top two picks looking South ... Jacksonville could have pretty much wrapped up the #1 pick at the 2014 draft with a loss today in Houston, but the suddenly resurgent Jaguars won for the second time in three weeks to really tighten up the race to acquire the first pick overall at this year's draft. However, despite the win, Jacksonville will keep the first pick for at least another week as the Jaguars have a considerably weaker strength of schedule than Houston and Atlanta, the other two teams with two losses. In fact, if the draft were held this week, Houston would pick second, followed by Atlanta at #3, with Minnesota, which got a tie with Green Bay earlier today, in the 4th slot. And in the end, who gets the top pick this year could come down to the rematch between the #1 Jaguars and #2 Texans in two weeks. As usual, the full, updated first-round selection order for the upcoming draft will be posted after tomorrow night's Monday nighter.

http://gbnreport.com/
Old 11-25-2013   #33
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Pretty much. He has a nfl arm in the mold of manning,kelly,eli. His poise is about the best I've seen for a guy that young. There will be people talking trading down which foolish. Makes no sense for texans.
Old 11-25-2013   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Why couldn't we have had our meltdown a couple years ago
They did: 2010
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Passing on the best QB in the draft for a RT sounds like a solid Plan B......
Trade down get a top 10 number 1 a 2014 # 2 and a 2015 # 1. Fill the holes this draft yr and use the 2 number 1;s and a 2016 # 1 to move up to take Winston,Petty or my #1 guy Hogan.

Hopefully the new regime will focus on the foundation 1st instead of the HWNSNBM all over again,

This is the right way to build a team. Hopefully the new regime will know what they're doing.
Old 11-25-2013   #36
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Trade down get a top 10 number 1 a 2014 # 2 and a 2015 # 1. Fill the holes this draft yr and use the 2 number 1;s and a 2016 # 1 to move up to take Winston,Petty or my #1 guy Hogan.

Hopefully the new regime will focus on the foundation 1st instead of the HWNSNBM all over again,

This is the right way to build a team. Hopefully the new regime will know what they're doing.
What if Winston is in jail ?!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 11-25-2013   #37
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
After the last 8 yrs of Schaub, I would rather draft McCarron in the 3rd (Same size/arm stegth/taler etc in the 3rrd rd than take Bridgewater #1 over all. They have many of the same attributrs.
Old 11-25-2013   #38
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Pretty much. He has a nfl arm in the mold of manning,kelly,eli. His poise is about the best I've seen for a guy that young. There will be people talking trading down which foolish. Makes no sense for texans.
Unless you think the 2015 QB ckass is better and you can use the 2014 class to build the team correctly. We tried what you're suggesting repeating the HWNSNBM mistake again?
Old 11-25-2013   #39
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What if Winston is in jail ?!
Winston's not going to jail.

Is he guilty? That's anoyher question.

I'm glad they didn't check for DNA when I was in college. (No, I always have consentual sex)
Old 11-25-2013   #40
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
They did: 2010
I meant "first pick of the draft" meltdown. It would have been nice to have to choose between Luck and RG3.

I think they are some very good FB players available in the upcoming draft, but I'm not sure there is a sure fire stud. I think talent wise it's Clowney but I hate hearing a player has motor issues
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read