Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2013   #861
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yeah...I just watched some manziel stuff and I'll pass. I'd rather have keenum.
Old 11-24-2013   #862
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I've talked about the draft on this board since the 2005 offseason. Now that history seems to be repeating itself...

I respect Johnny's athleticism but I'm not very impressed with his character. I could care less about him acting like a rap mogul or getting thrown out of frat parties or flashing money on Twitter.

The dealbreaker with me is Johnny quitting/ getting thrown out of the Manning Passing Academy. This is a pretty big indicator of poor work ethic IMO.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 11-24-2013   #863
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I have to say though that I completely quit reading Carr Bombed's posts after he said Manziel has a weak arm. Does he have Elway or Vick's arm? No. Does he have Matt Schaub's arm? Not even close. Dumbass statement.
Umm I guess then you didn't read the part where I said when he steps into his throws he has a adequate arm... there's a problem though, he doesn't consistently do that. And I guess you must have turned off your TV when the people who called yesterday's game REPEDETLY said the same thing. Nice job at even trying to be partial here (or even attempting to debate any other things I said about his game)... and yes, with the way he plays, when you don't set your feet (which Schaub does), you can have a stronger arm than Schaub (and it isn't that much stronger) and still fails when you consistently throw off balance. His throwing base flat out sucks.

All I'm doing here is replying to a Dumbass quote so what gives.

I should know better though, anbody who doesn't recognize that Manziel doesn't have issues with hanging a ball up to dry every once in awhile isn't even someone worth responding to and is probably just a A&M fan.

2006 meet 2014.. Old boss (Vince) same as the new boss (Manziel) Here we go again.. oh boy. This is going to be a fantastic offseason isn't it.
Old 11-24-2013   #864
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Umm I guess then you didn't read the part where I said when he steps into his throws he has a adequate arm... there's a problem though, he doesn't consistently do that. And I guess you must have turned off your TV when the people who called yesterday's game REPEDETLY said the same thing. Nice job at even trying to be partial here (or even attempting to debate any other things I said about his game)... and yes, with the way he plays, when you don't set your feet (which Schaub does), you can have a stronger arm than Schaub (and it isn't that much stronger) and still fails when you consistently throw off balance. His throwing base flat out sucks.

All I'm doing here is replying to a Dumbass quote so what gives.

I should know better though, anbody who doesn't recognize that Manziel doesn't have issues with hanging a ball up to dry every once in awhile isn't even someone worth responding to and is probably just a A&M fan.

2006 meet 2014.. Old boss (Vince) same as the new boss (Manziel) Here we go again.. oh boy. This is going to be a fantastic offseason isn't it.
It has nothing to do with 2006, because honestly I don't want us to draft Manziel this year. As I said above, LSU and their speed is about as close as you will get to mimicking the pro game and both times he played them, Johnny laid an egg. What I responded to was you claiming he had a weak arm, which I disagree with. I'll agree like an QB when he doesn't step into his throws, he looks like he has a weak arm.

As for his weaknesses, I'd agree that although he has gotten better at passing from the pocket, he still looks to run far too often. He also looks jittery back that as even inside of the pocket, he seems to run all over the place as opposed to keeping his feet set and simply side stepping oncoming rushers. Like almost any young player, the guy has his issues. All I am attempting to combat is the emotional ignorance displayed by some of the posters in here that just can't stand A&M and don't like Manziel's personality and thus just ache for him to fail. It's quite abnormal.
Old 11-24-2013   #865
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I am attempting to combat is the emotional ignorance displayed by some of the posters in here that just can't stand A&M and don't like Manziel's personality and thus just ache for him to fail. It's quite abnormal.
Good Luck with that. It may be an exercise in futility.
Old 11-24-2013   #866
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Good Luck with that. It may be an exercise in futility.
This isn't a UT board here. Nobody really gives a crap about A&M football here outside of A&M fans.. I mean how many Texas NCAA teams here even play against them any more.

This is mostly a NFL board, so when people present opinions about A&M football or about a A&M player, it's coming from a NFL perspective. Look at your boy Mathews.. how many people are hating on him? How many people hated on Von Miller? Just because we think Manziel isn't GOD, doesn't mean everyone here hates on A&M football.
Old 11-24-2013   #867
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This isn't a UT board here. Nobody really gives a crap about A&M football here outside of A&M fans.. I mean how many Texas NCAA teams here even play against them any more.

This is mostly a NFL board, so when people present opinions about A&M football or about a A&M player, it's coming from a NFL perspective. Look at your boy Mathews.. how many people are hating on him? How many people hated on Von Miller? Just because we think Manziel isn't GOD, doesn't mean everyone here hates on A&M football.
I wasn't talking about anyone else but you CB. I don't think Manziel is a god as I detailed clearly in my post. He has issues, and I am happy to admit as much. But sounding like a total idiot by picking out faults of Manziel that aren't even accurate criticism just makes you sound uneducated.

Last edited by Say Watt; 11-24-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2013   #868
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
quoted deleted material
I'm the emotional moron here? Facepalm indeed.
Old 11-24-2013   #869
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Since we will likely have the #1 pick, I'd go bridgewater. I think he's a far superior qb to manziel.
Old 11-24-2013   #870
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Since we will likely have the #1 pick, I'd go bridgewater. I think he's a far superior qb to manziel.
I have only seen about 3 quarters of Bridgewater this year, so my opinion has very little support behind it. However, I am not sold on him being a true franchise QB. I don't know what it is, and maybe I caught him on a bad day or something. I do plan to watch more though, so I should have a better opinion in the future.
Old 11-24-2013   #871
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I have only seen about 3 quarters of Bridgewater this year, so my opinion has very little support behind it. However, I am not sold on him being a true franchise QB. I don't know what it is, and maybe I caught him on a bad day or something. I do plan to watch more though, so I should have a better opinion in the future.
Yeah...well, if/when we cement that first overall I'll be hoping for him or clowney.

ATM, I wouldn't pick anyone else there. Another option is a trade down but it wouldn't leave the first round without a qb. And it'd be an absolutely no for manziel.
Old 11-24-2013   #872
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
I think I would probably go Bridgewater as well. I'm not sold on him, but he seems worth the risk. Good athletic ability and a big arm. Can really fling the ball down the field effortlessly. Also has the size to play in the NFL. We'd have to be in the late teens to 20s for me to really consider drafting Manziel after both of the LSU games.
Old 11-24-2013   #873
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I wasn't talking about anyone else but you CB. Well you and Marcus as both of you think every opinion you express or hold onto is given to you directly by God Himself. Your narcissistic view of yourself and your perspective is extremely unbecoming. I don't think Manziel is a god as I detailed clearly in my post. He has issues, and I am happy to admit as much. But sounding like a total idiot by picking out faults of Manziel that aren't even accurate criticism just makes you sound uneducated.
LMFAO... WOW.

You just confirmed it. Your are a complete A&M homer. Own it, be proud of it.

Hell I don't even know what "Marcus" has even told you, but the fact that you can even point to two completely different posters who don't even agree on everything or don't even know what the hell they've both told you confirms it...

What a complete moron..

Look up the posts you've have posted in this thread.. you have come off like a complete butthurt Nancy, all because people don't kiss Manziel's ass. All in the mean time, you say you agree with some of the flaws that I've brought up about him, so what the hell are you even talking about? Give me a freaking break. And then you want to claim you won't read my responses any more, well please don't, because I'm getting tired of your emotional responses that are strictly tied to your A&M fandom. I didn't give a crap about the UT fandom over VY (and I'm a UT fan) and I certainly don't give a crap about the Johnny football fandom either. I hope neither ever step foot on my professional team's property, because in a lot of ways they're cut from the same cloth.. as is the clowns who worship them.

Hey Texan fans.. this is what you have to look forward to. If you don't think Manziel is the answer, the A&M bunch will think every opinion you have is handed down by "GOD". give me a break. It's going to be a fun offseason huh.

BTW this is the second time I've had to post this, because for some reason it happened to get deleted as the person I responded to happened to be able to completely change what he originally typed (but luckily I back stuff up huh) so this is the original draft)

P.S.,

fantastic how you edited the posts above as not to include Marcus into your little tantrum... luckily I back crap like this up huh? I guess God told me to.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-25-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2013   #874
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm the emotional moron here? Facepalm indeed.
So you delete the argument you respond to.. ummkay. And you accuse me of being uneducated.

BTW

I'm forwarding all of this to Marcus as well. I just feel obligated to. If you're going to talk crap about someone, at least back it, stand by it, or don't say anything at all... certainty don't just erase it.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-25-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-25-2013   #875
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah...well, if/when we cement that first overall I'll be hoping for him or clowney.

ATM, I wouldn't pick anyone else there. Another option is a trade down but it wouldn't leave the first round without a qb. And it'd be an absolutely no for manziel.
Clowney worries me- fantastic talent, but that motor...

But yeah, if we can't trade out of the pick, those two are definitely the guys it is down to. Manziel... ha, no way.
Old 11-25-2013   #876
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point for me, Johnny Manziel is a slightly better version of this guy. The only real thing that separates them is Manziel's got a better coach & their offenses are different from a gimmick standpoint. Sumlin doesn't ask Manziel to run nearly as much as Rodriguez asked Robinson to. Manziel's also got a little more around him than Robinson did as well.
Old 11-25-2013   #877
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Default Manziel

Deleted

Last edited by Say Watt; 11-25-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2013   #878
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
At this point for me, Johnny Manziel is a slightly better version of this guy.
If this were true he would have thrown for close to 4000 yards and been a Heisman candidate, but he wasn't.
Old 11-25-2013   #879
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think I would probably go Bridgewater as well. I'm not sold on him, but he seems worth the risk. Good athletic ability and a big arm. Can really fling the ball down the field effortlessly. Also has the size to play in the NFL. We'd have to be in the late teens to 20s for me to really consider drafting Manziel after both of the LSU games.
Going forward I suggest you pay special attention to Bridgewater's deep pass and the trajectory and the amount of air he has to put under it. Also at 6'3" and 205 lbs he is a bit frail. I am also interested in his hand size. At this point IMHO he could be a poor man's Geno Smith.
Old 11-25-2013   #880
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
If this were true he would have thrown for close to 4000 yards and been a Heisman candidate, but he wasn't.
different offenses yield different results uncle nate.....

& Robinson actually was a candidate going into his jr. sesaon i believe. & tell me again how manziel's numbers in college are going to help him in the NFL?

Lol, you seem to be caught up in numbers instead of looking at a player for what he is.....

Dude is an athlete playing the qb position....nothing wrong with that. Just admit it...you'll be better for it.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read