Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2013   #301
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

John Mcclain

Quote:
Kubiak on possibly being fired "I don't worry bout myself. My answer will never change. I feel bad for players and organization."
Old 11-24-2013   #302
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Answer: Monday, December 30, 2013

Question: Date Kubiak will get fired?
Old 11-24-2013   #303
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post

is he fired yet..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
Old 11-24-2013   #304
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 52422 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
i feel sorry for people who paid money for season tickets to see this garbage
Appreciate the sympathy.
Old 11-24-2013   #305
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post

I would fire Kubiak Monday. McNair needs to send a message to the players, other coaches, front office ect...that this sorry excuse for football will not be tolerated. It's on everyone in the organization as whole, I'm not blaming Kubiak entirely. Kubiak's been given a fair shot and it's time to move on
Old 11-24-2013   #306
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 52422 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I would fire Kubiak Monday. ...
I'd fire everybody. Even the cheerleading coach.
Old 11-24-2013   #307
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I'd fire everybody. Even the cheerleading coach.
And that stinkin', lie leaking janitor!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 11-24-2013   #308
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak should have been fired immediately after the game. A message from McNair needs to be sent to coaches, players and fans that a pathetic effort at home against the previously worst team in the NFL with the worst offense in the NFL will not be tolerated. Kubiak is a lame duck coach right now, so why wait?
Old 11-24-2013   #309
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Kubiak should have been fired immediately after the game. A message from McNair needs to be sent to coaches, players and fans that a pathetic effort at home against the previously worst team in the NFL with the worst offense in the NFL will not be tolerated. Kubiak is a lame duck coach right now, so why wait?
Now that just wouldn't be a class act. It's not The Texans Way. Just not a Texans Worthy move.

That's all I got.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 11-24-2013   #310
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a good writeup of potential coaches for hte NFL:
linky

For the record I really don't think Sumlin will be a good head coach in the NFL.
Old 11-24-2013   #311
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I do agree, what's left for him to do? Obviously Keenum isn't getting better and we can actually start our coaching search now or am I missing something?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
Old 11-24-2013   #312
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Here's a good writeup of potential coaches for hte NFL:
linky

For the record I really don't think Sumlin will be a good head coach in the NFL.
I like the idea of Zimmer as head coach and bring in Sumlin as OC
Old 11-24-2013   #313
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I like the idea of Zimmer as head coach and bring in Sumlin as OC
highly doubt sumlin would leave A&M unless he's offered a better head coaching job. I doubt he leaves this year also.
Old 11-24-2013   #314
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
highly doubt sumlin would leave A&M unless he's offered a better head coaching job. I doubt he leaves this year also.
agreed, but if we was on the Texans staff that is the highest spot I would like to see him
Old 11-24-2013   #315
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

When I wake tomorrow only to find Kubiak is still the HC I will lose my mind. I'll even do worse. I'll call my ex up and ask her to marry me again.
Old 11-24-2013   #316
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak isn't going to be fired mid-season. There's really no point to do it. You can't hire your next guy until after the season anyway so why go through the process of having an interim guy mucking things up. You guys are just looking for instant gratification, which I get, but he will be fired in the long run and that's all that matters.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-24-2013   #317
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak won't be fired mid season. There's nothing to gain, and he has a good relationship with the FO.
Old 11-24-2013   #318
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Kubiak won't be fired mid season. There's nothing to gain, and he has a good relationship with the FO.
Agreed. I also don't think he's going to be fired. The classy guy that Gary Kubiak is, and an honorable man who loves the city of Houston, he'll more likely have a long talk with Bob McNair after the season ends and he will come to an agreement to resign as head coach. But it will not be classified as a firing.
Old 11-24-2013   #319
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Here was Gary Kubiak's press conference after today's loss to the Jaguars.

http://youtu.be/r3qn2DTir2k

I feel bad for the guy. He gave it all he had since 2006 with this franchise. Working long and hard hours just to produce a championship team. It led to his mini stroke and now he's probably coaching his last season in Houston in 2013.

Hopefully the new head coach who comes in has as much class as Kubiak did but with some winning results. I'd like to see the Houston Texans win the Super Bowl one day.
Old 11-24-2013   #320
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 56179 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Here was Gary Kubiak's press conference after today's loss to the Jaguars.

http://youtu.be/r3qn2DTir2k

I feel bad for the guy. He gave it all he had since 2006 with this franchise. Working long and hard hours just to produce a championship team. It led to his mini stroke and now he's probably coaching his last season in Houston in 2013.

Hopefully the new head coach who comes in has as much class as Kubiak did but with some winning results. I'd like to see the Houston Texans win the Super Bowl one day.
this right here is why you relieve gary of his duties, so he isn't dragged out in front of the media and hassled each week about his future, not to mention you tell your locker room no one is safe and HOPE they try a little harder in order to keep their job next season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read