Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-24-2013   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hey guys, what do you think about Derek Carr..

Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey guys, what do you think about Derek Carr..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Cruel and unusual punishment.

Old 11-24-2013   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORG View Post
has long has he does not wear # 8
Old 11-24-2013   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy29 View Post
I think the Texans should retire #8, and not for the usual reasons. It just never ends well...
Old 11-24-2013   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Cruel and unusual punishment.
LOL,

In all seriousness though... the sins of the brother shouldn't be passed onto the.. brother. All reports I've read is he's a student of the game (first to show up, last to leave) and he has all the tools his brother possessed and nobody is going to doubt David's physical tools, it was always his comintment and mental approach that held him back.

Me even bringing him up just shows how deathly scared I am of taking any of the QBs projected to guy high in this draft. I don't like Bridgewater, want NO PARTS OF MANZIEL, no Mariota. People keep talking about how deep the QB position is in this draft.. yes it's deep, but there is not a Andrew Luck, RG3, or Cam Newton. There's no clear cut ringer.

Derek Carr actually has the most NFL ready skill set and is the dark horse to sky rocket up the boards and might end up being the best player. If you just ignored the name and watched the tape, he does have NFL ready talent.
Old 11-24-2013   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
If he's the clear cut #1 QB on the Texans board, then I have no problem with him being a Texan. Although I have to admit it would be a bit weird.
Old 11-24-2013   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

There, I did your job for you.
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2013   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Hey 2012champs... since I can't respond to you in the other thread..if they were doing their job, they would've just moved the thread. Something tells me if it didn't involve a "Carr", that thread would've simply been moved, not deleted altogether.

This season is OVER and as long as we have the #1 ovrl pick in the draft I don't see how any prospect is not relevant to the Texans as they now have the pick of the litter. It sure as hell beats the redundant threads that have been retreads for weeks on the Texans football forum.

Regardless though I'll admit I should've posted it here, but it should've been moved here as well. However this season is OVER.. all future discussion is not going to move on to who we should draft. Don't blame me or the people who now only care about that. Blame this sucktastic team, players, and franchise for saying SB or Bust.. and then letting the bottom fall out on route to the 1st pick in the freaking draft.

BTW, don't you ever get tired of calling yourself "2012champs".. we're now are coming off a horrible season heading into the 2014 football season, you're starting to look like some Uganda kid wearing a Buffalo Bills Super Bowl champions T-shirt.
Old 11-24-2013   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

What is going on in this thread?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Carr Bombed is talking to himself.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'll explain to you.. The thread was started in the wrong forum. Whatever Mod simply couldn't just move it.. so I reposted it with all the original responses.

I know it's confusing, I hope that clears it up.

And yes.. a bit of this thread comes from the complete frustration I'm feeling over this &%@&%# of a failure of a season, so please excuse me and cut me a little slack here. I might be having a little of a meltdown.
Old 11-24-2013   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Carr Bombed is talking to himself.
Hey, I'm not talking to myself, there's plenty of other voices in my head pal.
Old 11-24-2013   #13
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

derek carr. cant go there
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
derek carr. cant go there
Honestly I can't go to Bridgewater, Mariota, or Manziel.. Why is it when we suck, there simply is no slam dunk prospect. Why?
Old 11-24-2013   #15
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Honestly I can't go to Bridgewater, Mariota, or Manziel.. Why is it when we suck, there simply is no slam dunk prospect. Why?
Matthews
Old 11-24-2013   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

One big upside of getting another Carr on this team is having the family back here posting on the board again. I know how much we've all missed them.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #17
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'll explain to you.. The thread was started in the wrong forum. Whatever Mod simply couldn't just move it.. so I reposted it with all the original responses.

I know it's confusing, I hope that clears it up.

And yes.. a bit of this thread comes from the complete frustration I'm feeling over this &%@&%# of a failure of a season, so please excuse me and cut me a little slack here. I might be having a little of a meltdown.
Pfft. You just want your username to be relevant again!

(Well, not want a new QB to bomb, but you get what I mean).
Old 11-24-2013   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The combine will change a lot. I'm OK with any QB that's worth whatever pick is spent on him. If his name is Carr, so be it. And unlike the other posters, I would want him to wear #8. I have an idea for a jersey.

I'm not excited about Bridgewater or Mariotta. I think a lot of people are forcing that pick in their minds. He's not worth the top pick.
Old 11-24-2013   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Matthews
That's where I'm leaning as well.. The problem is if we have the #1vrl pick this team might be pressured into taking QB and I think that'll be a mistake. The problem with this team lies along both lines. I'd go with Mathews or Clowney over any QB projected to go at the top of this draft.
Old 11-24-2013   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Pfft. You just want your username to be relevant again!

(Well, not want a new QB to bomb, but you get what I mean).
My username became more relevant after he bombed...

Honestly I'm trying to separate his last name from his brother, because while he possesses the arm and athleticism, I believe he's not the same person and it's unfair to type cast a guy simply because his brother failed. He's not his brother. Supposedly the report on him is he's a gym rat.. he could be someone who has the skills, but has learned from his brother (from mistakes that even David later admitted were his fault).

All I'm saying the fact that I'm even considering him cast light on this upcoming QB draft. It's deep in potential, but there is NO top dog in this draft and if you separated the prospect from the name of "Carr"... Derek Carr actually looks like the best prospect coming out. He has every NFL skill set that you look for at that position.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read