Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2013   #41
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we tanking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Great, suck in the year with zero elite prospects.

None of the guys in this year's class would be taken in the top 5 in any of the past 5 drafts.
Right. This sucks.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #42
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

we better not draft a rt in the top 5.....just sign a free agent

BTW if anyone actually watched matthews this season theyd realize he is TERRIBLE
Old 11-24-2013   #43
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

History repeating itself so I bring back this classic .

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2005/firstworst.htm
Old 11-24-2013   #44
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69048 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

no need for an artificial tank when the real deal seems to be in full effect.

So clear the coaching staff has lost this team.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #45
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

We're not tanking. This is just what it looks like when a franchise falls apart.

2-14 is the likelihood. I don't think we win another game this year and I don't think a single coach survives the purge. Marciano won't even be able to get out of this one.

I bet we flip half our roster before next season. From where I'm sitting right now we have one HoF WR, Watt, Cushing, and a bunch of guys who are just guys. The cupboard is about as bare as it was when Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith walked through the door.

Cast off parts of the Houston Texans are performing well all over the NFL. If Bob McNair can't look at the sheer number of players his team has burned through and do the math after this season he'll never get it. He'll be doomed to run a bottom-feeder franchise (in the classiest possible way) for the rest of his time as an NFL owner.
Old 11-24-2013   #46
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We're not tanking. This is just what it looks like when a franchise falls apart.

2-14 is the likelihood. I don't think we win another game this year and I don't think a single coach survives the purge. Marciano won't even be able to get out of this one.

I bet we flip half our roster before next season. From where I'm sitting right now we have one HoF WR, Watt, Cushing, and a bunch of guys who are just guys. The cupboard is about as bare as it was when Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith walked through the door.

Cast off parts of the Houston Texans are performing well all over the NFL. If Bob McNair can't look at the sheer number of players his team has burned through and do the math after this season he'll never get it. He'll be doomed to run a bottom-feeder franchise (in the classiest possible way) for the rest of his time as an NFL owner.
I disagree. This team has play-makers all over the field, which leads me to believe it won't take too much for a new regime to get them right back in the playoffs next year.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #47
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2782 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

McNair comes off as a billionaire who knows nothing about football and just has total trust and devotion to people he hired or who his yes men told him to hire.

Its a good and bad thing.

You can have an owner who knows so much about the game (al davis/jerry jones) and have too much impact on football decisions which can cause problems or you can have an owner who is totally oblivious to the game and just hires people and listen to cronies and yes men because he doesnt know anything about the game like McNair and what you get is a coaching staff with no checks and balances, no accountability like kubiak.

What you need is a even mix of both. An owner who knows something about the game and is somewhat involved but not too much.

Les Alexander comes to mind perfectly.

Jerry Jones/Al Davis on one end and McNair on the other end of the spectrum. You dont want your owner to be on extreme ends of the spectrum, you want someone in the middle.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #48
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I disagree. This team has play-makers all over the field, which leads me to believe it won't take too much for a new regime to get them right back in the playoffs next year.
Who?

Tier 1: JJ Watt, Brian Cushing, Andre Johnson

Tier 2: Duane Brown, Antonio Smith and Johnathan Joseph (and he's falling fast)

That's all I can name. Everyone else is a scrub. Joe Mays, Daryl Sharpton...seriously?
Old 11-24-2013   #49
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Let me say right then that I'd like nothing better than to be proven wrong and for you to be right about this. I just don't see those playmakers anywhere.
Old 11-24-2013   #50
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Must draft a QB with the no. 1 pick. This is a chance to make a real impact on the most important position.
Old 11-24-2013   #51
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Who?

That's all I can name. Everyone else is a scrub. Joe Mays, Daryl Sharpton...seriously?
Not every position is going to be a pro bowler. We will have JAGs on this team as does every team. We just need to replace them as other guys who are better suited show up.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #52
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Who?

I like the potential I see from Hopkins, who I still think is a solid #2 option, & Swearinger. You fell to mention players like Arian Foster and Owen Daniels that will return next year. The biggest problem is this team is making too many mistakes that are costing them games. Shore up the O-Line, a possible QB and fix the mental mistakes and I think a new regime can get this team in contention next year.
Old 11-24-2013   #53
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft Clowney with the #1 overall pick, then trade back up into the first round and select...

DEREK CARR!!!
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #54
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're either watching a different field or have much better drugs than I do
Old 11-24-2013   #55
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
You're either watching a different field or have much better drugs than I do
I don't know what it is then since I'm sober. lol

Honestly, I think this team is like the Chiefs from last year. I think Houston has the players to be good but they're committing too many mental mistakes that has cost them too many games. Too many turnovers that just make you go "not this **** again". That's something a new regime should be able to fix to get this team back in contention. Although there are teams like Oakland & Dallas that just make mental mistakes every year out of habit. I hope that won't be us...
Old 11-24-2013   #56
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

were too bad to tank this good
Old 11-24-2013   #57
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Tanking without trying to

Natural tankers

Auto tankers

Gifted tankers
Old 11-24-2013   #58
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure if we're tanking, but if we are it's the only thing we're doing right this year
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #59
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I'm not sure if we're tanking, but if we are it's the only thing we're doing right this year
I'm not so sure... plenty of excuses are being built along the way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read