Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-13-2013   #1
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45895 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Underclassmen declaring for 2014 NFL Draft

Ole Miss junior WR Dontre Moncrief will enter the 2014 NFL Draft, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.
Pauline cites multiple sources that have told him as much. "Moncrief himself thinks he is going to rather early... I think he is more of a second day guy," Pauline said on his podcast. The non-seniors will really bring a lot of talent to this position during the draft process. It hasn't been a great year form Moncrief production-wise, but his talent did not disappear into thin air.

Draft insider Tony Pauline is hearing "more and more" that Fresno State redshirt sophomore WR Davante Adams will declare for May's draft.
Pauline could not say enough good things about Adams and how impressive he has been this season. It helps to play in a pass happy offense, but Adams' role was one reason why Jalen Saunders left for Oklahoma. This receiver class could be quite strong at the top.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/28150/brooks-i
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Underclassmen declaring for 2014 NFL Draft

"I don't need no skoo! Ammo play fuh-bawl!"
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Meant to post this earleir but slipped my mind.:

"One of those future pro’s is Cedric Ogbuehi, a 6-foot-5, 300-pound right tackle who has flawlessly taken Matthews spot who took over Joeckel’s.

In a recent interview with A&M’s 12th Man Magazine, the junior said despite his bright NFL future he plans to stay at A&M for his senior season.

“I plan to come back next season and make the move to left tackle for my senior year,” Ogbuehi said. “That’s my future position, so I want to do like Jake did and come back and play left tackle. I’d love to be a part of something like what Luke did and what Jake has a chance to do.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....nclick_check=1
Old 11-23-2013   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Meant to post this earleir but slipped my mind.:

"One of those future pros is Cedric Ogbuehi, a 6-foot-5, 300-pound right tackle who has flawlessly taken Matthews spot who took over Joeckels.

In a recent interview with A&Ms 12th Man Magazine, the junior said despite his bright NFL future he plans to stay at A&M for his senior season.

I plan to come back next season and make the move to left tackle for my senior year, Ogbuehi said. Thats my future position, so I want to do like Jake did and come back and play left tackle. Id love to be a part of something like what Luke did and what Jake has a chance to do.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....nclick_check=1
Now he changed his mind.. I think.

"On Monday, the standout junior said he would "consider his options" where the NFL draft is concerned, according to Brent Zwerneman of the San Antonio News Express. According to transcription from texags.com, Ogbuehi also said he is waiting to consider the possibility at the proper time.

Underclassmen tracker
NFL.com's College Football 24/7 is tracking reports of the intentions of college football underclassmen in anticipation for the 2014 NFL Draft. More ...
"We'll see. I haven't thought about it yet. Just trying to play my game and let my game do the talking," he said. "Once it comes to a close, I'll think about it. But not right now."

That's a departure from a magazine report from earlier this fall, in which Ogbuehi indicated he would return to Texas A&M for his senior season."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-on-2014-draft
Old 11-23-2013   #5
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now he changed his mind.. I think.

"On Monday, the standout junior said he would "consider his options" where the NFL draft is concerned, according to Brent Zwerneman of the San Antonio News Express. According to transcription from texags.com, Ogbuehi also said he is waiting to consider the possibility at the proper time.

Underclassmen tracker
NFL.com's College Football 24/7 is tracking reports of the intentions of college football underclassmen in anticipation for the 2014 NFL Draft. More ...
"We'll see. I haven't thought about it yet. Just trying to play my game and let my game do the talking," he said. "Once it comes to a close, I'll think about it. But not right now."

That's a departure from a magazine report from earlier this fall, in which Ogbuehi indicated he would return to Texas A&M for his senior season."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-on-2014-draft
if he was to come out, what grade do you think he gets? what round does he get drafted?
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45895 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
if he was to come out, what grade do you think he gets? what round does he get drafted?
Late first, early 2nd
Old 11-25-2013   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Carolina Football ‏@TarHeelFootball 10m

BREAKING: Junior TE Eric Ebron will enter the 2014 NFL Draft. #UNCFB
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2013   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Carolina Football ‏@TarHeelFootball 10m

BREAKING: Junior TE Eric Ebron will enter the 2014 NFL Draft. #UNCFB
would be epic if Texans select TE 1st overall

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #9
Texian
Hall of Fame

NFLDraftScout.com
Buckeyes CB Bradley Roby to declare for NFL Draft

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...-for-nfl-draft
Old 11-26-2013   #10
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech

Walter football:

"Jace Amaro, as Charlie Campbell reported, has told members of his team and coaching staff that he will be declaring early. Amaro is a stud and will likely be a top-20 selection. He's making the right move. "
Old 11-28-2013   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Top of second but I am thinking why not get perfect right tackle in 4th? Ogbuehi like Matthews and maybe Antonio Richardson can play both sides but use those picks for other positions. I want to turn this team around sooner rather than later so picking for position rather than BPA.
Old 11-28-2013   #12
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

The draft is loaded!
Where we are picking this year ... We should get 3 impact players and 3 starters out the gate!

I really really like Jace Amaro, TE, TTU
His hands and route running are very impressive with his size. Plus speed and average blocking too complement what he has in the receiving element. He can be a good pro!
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013   #13
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Top of second but I am thinking why not get perfect right tackle in 4th? Ogbuehi like Matthews and maybe Antonio Richardson can play both sides but use those picks for other positions. I want to turn this team around sooner rather than later so picking for position rather than BPA.
yeah I'm starting to think the same strategy for RT. either you blow it out of the water and take a guy who can move across to LT in the future. or you find a player who is more then capable RT and keep him there but he comes later in the draft. I'm leaning towards the latter as well. i have my eyes set on ILB, CB, NT, QB, TE in the first 2-3 rounds and grabbing the BPA at those positions.
Old 11-28-2013   #14
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
The draft is loaded!
Where we are picking this year ... We should get 3 impact players and 3 starters out the gate!

I really really like Jace Amaro, TE, TTU
His hands and route running are very impressive with his size. Plus speed and average blocking too complement what he has in the receiving element. He can be a good pro!
he could be an outstanding pro. he potential is in line with graham and gronk. his becoming an elite blocker and has soooo much speed and good hands. his size isn't on the same level of the other 2 but he still creates outrageous mismatches
Old 11-28-2013   #15
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing official yet, but Jeremy Hill and Terrance McGee, both LSU running backs, could declare for the draft. McGee is a great change of pace guy and works in the receiving game. Hill is good at everything and can break a long run out of nowhere.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #16
Texian
Hall of Fame

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris 1h

Has stayed out of trouble since dropping to FCS RT @Rotoworld_Draft: Ex-Georgia RB Crowell will enter the draft http://dlvr.it/4Q4hY7
Old 11-29-2013   #17
Texian
Hall of Fame

Draft Buzz: Underclassmen

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-underclassmen
Old 11-30-2013   #18
Texian
Hall of Fame

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 3m

Florida CB Loucheiz Purifoy just told me he'll enter the next NFL Draft
Old 11-30-2013   #19
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77717 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 3m

Florida CB Loucheiz Purifoy just told me he'll enter the next NFL Draft
He got abused by Kelvin Benjamin today. Not surprised that he declared, but not a very good tape to put out there for his last game.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #20
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
He got abused by Kelvin Benjamin today. Not surprised that he declared, but not a very good tape to put out there for his last game.
I saw a game where he played pretty well and Benjamin did grab Purifoy to break free for a wide open TD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read