Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-22-2013   #81
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

Honestly Winston, rape allegations aside, is a bit of a personality. I'm sure if had won the Heisman and had to sit in the fishbowl for an offseason he would also become a bit notorious.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #82
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently this girl was part of a clique within her serority called the FSUcleatchasers. They used the hashtag #FSUcleatchasers, which has since been deleted.

Just want to reiterate that that's a rumor I have heard from several people in Tallahassee.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-22-2013 at 10:01 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #83
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Please point out my hate for Johnny. I bet you can't
I'm not going to look thru the Manziel thread and I may be getting you mixed up with Mr. Tex.

I dont like Manziel as a prospect for the Texans. But I do think that some Aggies and the media as a whole have a strong dislike for Manziel. His Oilpatch ways and his brashness on/off the field. People usually hate on wealthy families that are brash/braggers, but can back up their words on the field and in life.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #84
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm not going to look thru the Manziel thread and I may be getting you mixed up with Mr. Tex.

I dont like Manziel as a prospect for the Texans. But I do think that some Aggies and the media as a whole have a strong dislike for Manziel. His Oilpatch ways and his brashness on/off the field. People usually hate on wealthy families that are brash/braggers, but can back up their words on the field and in life.
I disliked him during the off-season, but now I think that was largely blown out of proportion, and honestly Manziel is focused as hell during the regular season. There's no drunk driving, no irresponsibility, nothing. From September to January the man is a consummate professional.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #85
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Apparently this girl was part of a clique within her serority called the FSUcleatchasers. They used the hashtag #FSUcleatchasers, which has since been deleted.

Just want to reiterate that that's a rumor I have heard from several people in Tallahassee.
Victim blaming probably isn't the best route here. There might or might not be a case here but "she was asking for it" sounds like Steeler fans defending Roethlisburger.
Old 11-23-2013   #86
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Victim blaming probably isn't the best route here. There might or might not be a case here but "she was asking for it" sounds like Steeler fans defending Roethlisburger.
Passing along rumors is not victim blaming. We have basically no facts in this case. We don't have enough evidence to even say that there was a victim. I don't see a point in going all P.C. with passing along rumors just because a woman is accusing somebody of something. "She was asking for it" assumes there is evidence of wrong doing at our disposal.

I also don't understand the Roethlisberger thing. I didn't follow that case, was the evidence overwhelming or something? He was acquitted, so it seems to me people should be able to come to his defense. Do people not believe in this process?

I look at it like the accuser and accused are on equal grounds when it comes to a he said she said, no evidence situation.
Old 11-23-2013   #87
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Passing along rumors is not victim blaming. We have basically no facts in this case. We don't have enough evidence to even say that there was a victim. I don't see a point in going all P.C. with passing along rumors just because a woman is accusing somebody of something. "She was asking for it" assumes there is evidence of wrong doing at our disposal.

I also don't understand the Roethlisberger thing. I didn't follow that case, was the evidence overwhelming or something? He was acquitted, so it seems to me people should be able to come to his defense. Do people not believe in this process?

I look at it like the accuser and accused are on equal grounds when it comes to a he said she said, no evidence situation.
The Roethlisburger case featured police mishandling all parts of the complaint and Roethlisburger getting the charges dismissed. It was also rumored that there was police and D.A. pressure on the victim to drop the charges.

I find the connection that was implied in the first post I quoted that somehow her creating a hastag of #cleatChasers somehow absolves Jameis of any wrongdoing pretty abhorrent. It's a "rumor" that attempts to paint the female who has hired an attorney to get sexual assault charges pressed on Winston as trashy and deserving of whatever happened and that's pretty gross.

The idea that this sort of "rumor" is any sort of actual relevance to whether Jameis is innocent or guilty is gross and Steeler fans did the exact same thing for months when Ben was charged with his sexual assault case(s).

EDIT: You seem to lack some self-awareness so I'm going to help you out, you might not want to rush to defend a dude on your favorite team who is accused of rape. It's not a great look to start and it's going to look real bad if this gets ugly. You may just want to hold back and wait for some more stuff to come out, maybe.
Old 11-23-2013   #88
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Nope , sex crimes are not a big deal at all , let the police go write traffic citations instead ....
Seriously? You quote a comment from September 9th that was about Winston saying he could be playing for Texas and bring it into the second topic of thread that did not even begin until about a week ago?

The first page & my comment top of page two was about something completely different than the alleged sex crime. Check the time lines and then offer an apology.
Old 11-23-2013   #89
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The Roethlisburger case featured police mishandling all parts of the complaint and Roethlisburger getting the charges dismissed. It was also rumored that there was police and D.A. pressure on the victim to drop the charges.

I find the connection that was implied in the first post I quoted that somehow her creating a hastag of #cleatChasers somehow absolves Jameis of any wrongdoing pretty abhorrent. It's a "rumor" that attempts to paint the female who has hired an attorney to get sexual assault charges pressed on Winston as trashy and deserving of whatever happened and that's pretty gross.

The idea that this sort of "rumor" is any sort of actual relevance to whether Jameis is innocent or guilty is gross and Steeler fans did the exact same thing for months when Ben was charged with his sexual assault case(s).

EDIT: You seem to lack some self-awareness so I'm going to help you out, you might not want to rush to defend a dude on your favorite team who is accused of rape. It's not a great look to start and it's going to look real bad if this gets ugly. You may just want to hold back and wait for some more stuff to come out, maybe.
The cleat chaser thing was to show that she would know who Winston is and therefore the month that she couldn't identify him would be strange. Cleat chaser assumes you know the top recruit QB on the team. If the girl was indeed a "clear chaser" it doesn't absolve him of anything. Try to follow and connect the dots as to why that would be relevant next time.

And I appreciate the advice but I will continue to post the rumors that are flowing in.
Old 11-24-2013   #90
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
The cleat chaser thing was to show that she would know who Winston is and therefore the month that she couldn't identify him would be strange. Cleat chaser assumes you know the top recruit QB on the team. If the girl was indeed a "clear chaser" it doesn't absolve him of anything. Try to follow and connect the dots as to why that would be relevant next time.

And I appreciate the advice but I will continue to post the rumors that are flowing in.
A previous relationship still doesn't mean they he didn't rape this girl. Trying to trivialize a rape case down to he said she said is jut terrible and the all the leaps of faith you want others to make in order to show your guy as the victim is terrible.

If you want to breathlessly report every single thing a crazy FSU fan wants to trot out on the internet to "just get the whole story out there" then whatever. It really makes you look no better than the crazies who are saying any and everything to defend what's looking more and more like a scumbag. Kudos to that or whatever.
Old 11-25-2013   #91
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

It wasnt me. I enjoy watching Manzel and while I see no reason to sign thousands of items without getting paid I couldnt care less about it. He is out of the heisman race for this year so a couple more games and the draft is what we have now
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #92
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

ESPN TV reporting that Winston will not be charged.

LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Nearly one year after Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston was accused of rape by a female FSU student, the state attorney has decided not to charge the Heisman Trophy favorite, a source who helped draft the statement to the media told Jeff Cameron, host of 97.9 ESPN Tallahassee.
Press conference by State Attorney Meggs in 30 minutes.

Jansen and Winston will also be having a press conference.
Old 12-05-2013   #93
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Press conference by State Attorney Meggs in 30 minutes
They couldn't come up with an attorney who didn't go to FSU to make this decision/announcement?
Old 12-05-2013   #94
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

There will be lots of questions. If Winston is having a press conference, very likely no charges being charged.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #95
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
They couldn't come up with an attorney who didn't go to FSU to make this decision/announcement?
He's the top dog and an attention lover. He's charged FSU players before, both winning and losing some.
Old 12-05-2013   #96
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's the top dog and an attention lover. He's charged FSU players before, both winning and losing some.
Not accusing him of anything, just pointing out it is going to be questioned.
Old 12-05-2013   #97
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not accusing him of anything, just pointing out it is going to be questioned.
No doubt it will. I know some people in the State Attorney's office and it is mainly made up of FSU grads from what I have seen. My girlfriend went to FSU law, so I know a bit too many in both the SAO and the PD's office.
Old 12-05-2013   #98
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Bret Baier ‏@BretBaier 1m

Florida State QB Jameis Winston will not be charged with sexual assault, the Florida State Attorney’s office says #football #FloridaState
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #99
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ESPN TV reporting that Winston will not be charged.

Press conference by State Attorney Meggs in 30 minutes.
He's doing a credible job, really answering about specific details... appears to be a measured man. His decision -- based on the questions he's answering/details he's divulging -- seems reasonable to me.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #100
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
He's doing a credible job, really answering about specific details... appears to be a measured man. His decision -- based on the questions he's answering/details he's divulging -- seems reasonable to me.
He's definitely done this before, you can see that. It seems to me that he has relied on others to do most of the work in the case, and now has reviewed all the findings. Could be wrong on that though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read