Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013   #261
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: *Bob McNair meeting with minority owners, supposedly Kubiak to be fired*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Not sure how I feel about this. I want Kubiak gone but whats the point in releasing him mid-season? Im assuming Wade will take over and honestly, I would rather have Kubiak in there to finish off the season instead of Wade. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. As long as hes gone.
Fire both.
Old 11-19-2013   #262
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Lmao, you aren't even allowed to talk about other coaches in the bullpen section at the "official" boards. I just got a 50 pt infraction from "dbruder44".
A romper room setting, caters to the pre-teen crowd, discourages instead of encourages discussion.
Old 11-19-2013   #263
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: *Bob McNair meeting with minority owners, supposedly Kubiak to be fired*

Question is, how often does McNair meet with minority owners? and could this just be a mid season update meeting? and nothing more?
Old 11-19-2013   #264
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is this a new thread?

This was already merged with the "Fire Kubiak" thread.
Old 11-19-2013   #265
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The idea of McNair meeting with minority owners illustrates the very different yet valid real-world perspectives on benching Keenum.

Coach's perspective: Strategy is prioritized. Schaub is familiar with some offensive packages that can answer the Raiders' blitzes, and gives the offense the best chance to win. This is evidenced by successful ball movement.

Owner/minority owner's perspective: Marketing is prioritized. Matt Schaub the player is a toxic brand, and his onfield presence contaminates the Texans brand. This is evidenced by the scores of booing fans who walk out in the 3rd quarter.

Player's perspective: Morale is prioritized. There was a time when Matt Schaub was a great QB, and the team loyally followed him. But that era is over, and the onfield presence of Schaub prevents the players from psychologically moving forward. This is evidenced by the uncharacteristic blowup of your franchise player.

Kubiak wasn't hired to be a promoter or to be sensitive to marketing repercussions. And the fact that he was in a booth prevented him from talking to his players and minimizing some morale repercussions. Tough situation all around.
Old 11-19-2013   #266
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

did u just not hear the players and I quote " It does not matter who is QB "

Who ever is in there Matt case of TJ I gotta do my job and do everything I can do to help him and WIN
Old 11-19-2013   #267
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
There was a thread on this yesterday. I believe it got merged with the "All encompassing fire Kubiak" thread..
Too bad, there is some really funny response to the "original" minority owners thread. Now you have to dig for them.
Old 11-19-2013   #268
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Lmao, you aren't even allowed to talk about other coaches in the bullpen section at the "official" boards. I just got a 50 pt infraction from "dbruder44".
So, they don't know how to spell the coach's name on the official board?

"....we will not tolerate continued disregard for the TEXANS Only rule in the bullpen regarding Kubiack and the next few days, weeks, months or years......"
Old 11-19-2013   #269
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like it won't happen now, but I was hoping the Giants would keep tanking and Coughlin would get the axe. I wouldn't mind him as our next HC.
Old 11-20-2013   #270
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
It looks like it won't happen now, but I was hoping the Giants would keep tanking and Coughlin would get the axe. I wouldn't mind him as our next HC.
Damn, good call. Coughlin would be perfect for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2013   #271
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Coughlin? That guy would infuriate you guys more than Kubiak. Guaranteed.

All the Giants fan I know have had enough of that guy.

I wouldn't mind someone in the Coughlin MOLD, but he himself? Eh. Big fat meh.
Old 11-20-2013   #272
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Coughlin? That guy would infuriate you guys more than Kubiak. Guaranteed.

All the Giants fan I know have had enough of that guy.

I wouldn't mind someone in the Coughlin MOLD, but he himself? Eh. Big fat meh.
He's more than welcome to infuriate me to 2 Lombardi Trophy's.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-20-2013   #273
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Sure. You know how lucky the Giants had to be both years they won, though? They didn't exactly win because they were the best team in the league. And don't get me wrong, luck matters a whole lot and you don't have to be the best team to win the Super Bowl. I just have a hard time relying on luck to carry us anywhere, given our history.
Old 11-21-2013   #274
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sure. You know how lucky the Giants had to be both years they won, though? They didn't exactly win because they were the best team in the league. And don't get me wrong, luck matters a whole lot and you don't have to be the best team to win the Super Bowl. I just have a hard time relying on luck to carry us anywhere, given our history.
Likewise; Coughlin's two Superbowl wins, as insane as it sounds, are good examples of how football repels the idea of advanced statistics.

Coughlin is also a humongous ******* that is even more conservative about using rookie talent than any exaggeration about Kubiak.
Old 11-21-2013   #275
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Lmao. Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2013   #276
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're actually making some very strong points, but with your history of making excuses for KUbiak and constantly wanting him to drive this ship is very conflicting with this stance. The only way we were ever going to win anything under Kubiak was going to be with luck. Hell, the mere fact that we ever got to the playoffs with KUbiak was major luck considering the fact that we had to get a 3rd DC hired by the owner to transform the defense around in one season just to accomplish that. I don't think that people really comprehend that. Kubiak has never taken this team anywhere. It was Wade's defense that turned this team around temporarily.

Coughlin has had some nice success on those runs and he is the opposite of Kubiak from an accountability standpoint, but he is so old now and I wouldn't want to go down that road at this point. He'll be back with the Giants next season any way.
Old 11-21-2013   #277
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if McNair was going to dump Kubiak he would have done it by now. Which doesn't mean he won't at the end of this horrid season, but I think we're stuck with Kubiak the rest of the season. Hopefully McNair and his "front office" is already talking replacement strategy.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-21-2013   #278
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think if McNair was going to dump Kubiak he would have done it by now. Which doesn't mean he won't at the end of this horrid season, but I think we're stuck with Kubiak the rest of the season. Hopefully McNair and his "front office" is already talking replacement strategy.
You'd think that Kubiak is as done as a coach can be, but with Mcnair you just never know. Kubiak could be back to pick a new QB in the draft to get another chance at a new regime. Sounds crazy, but it's really not. Mcnair has the same attachment to Kubiak as Kubiak has to Schaub.
Old 11-21-2013   #279
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

my shortlist for HC next year:
Mike Zimmer (DC - Benagls)
David Shaw (HC - stanford)
Greg Roman (OC - 49ers)
Lovie Smith (former bears HC)
Old 11-21-2013   #280
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry, but dudes named "Lovie" shouldn't be anywhere near the NFL. The guy needs a name change or something.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read