Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013   #121
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog
 
HoustonFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Age: 44
Posts: 12,416
Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& the flip side is what?

Let's assume Kubiak put Schaub in the game, because he wants to win. If that is true, then it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't make adjustments, that he was calling the game to make Case look bad.

Let's assume Kubiak was looking for any reason to get Schaub in the game. Why didn't he replace Keenum after the first snap of the Arizona game? Why didn't he replace Case when he threw the interception in Oakland, or the fumble, or one of the 10+ yard sacks? Why did he wait 'til we were down 2 scores in the second half?

If we're all being objective, why does Ben Tate or DeAndre Hopkins get credited with 7 points for the other team when they fumble the ball? Even when the defense had an opportunity to hold the other team to a field goal. But when Case fumbles a ball that is returned for a TD, it's not his fault, it's the RT, or the HC.

I said it was bad enough in our previous games that we did not move the ball in the second half of any game Keenum started. Against Oakland, at home the offense was going backwards.

Problem scoring in the second half, yes. That's a problem Kubiak led teams have had. Not moving the ball? Not so much. David Carr, Sage Rosenfels, Rex Grossman, Matt Lienart, Tj Yates, Dan Orlovsky... all moved the ball between the 20s with regularity when Kubiak is calling plays.
I'm not even sure how to follow that way of thinking. You are nitpicking single moments and then trying to make it seem like Kubiak isn't an issue or Schaub isn't an issue. It's laughable. Your logic skips everything else that Case does....and again, I'm not a Case fan or someone who even called for him. But his roll out and throw to Graham..would Schaub be able to make that throw?..no! So that is 7 points that are as good as 7 points any other time. Keenum had basically tripled the amount of completions of over 20 yards in 2 games than Schaub had for the year. He had made only 3 starts total and he was doing just as much, if not more than Schaub. The team was already losing and Schaub was part of that. Kubiak has shown that he is overly loyal to players so why wouldn't it stand to reason that he would force Schaub in there again? FGs weren't winning games and Schaubs season was basically games full of interceptions and stalled drives. You are taking 3 second half drives and putting it on Case vs looking at a season of bad play that falls more on a diminished and beaten QB and a coach who basically fails to adjust and who has had that issue for 8 seasons or whatever. If you don't believe that look at both NE games last year. You are living in lala land.

I think we are just coming from two different places. I don't see Case as a savior and I see severe limitations with Schaub. I look more at second half adjustments that coaching isn't responding to vs blaming a guy making his first three starts.
__________________
Desperation is a stinky cologne. -Super Troopers

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 11-21-2013 at 12:26 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #122
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame
 
TexansSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Age: 26
Posts: 8,273
Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
and yet in spite of all these short comings FSU is 10-0, amazing, and Fisher is 41-10. A screamer disciplinarian like Saban, aka like Belichick, Parcels, Johnson, Lombardi, Cowher. Sounds just like a coach Bob McNair needs to talk to.
You are entitled to your opinion, obviously. Just giving you mine, as I have watched every game that he has coached for the Seminoles and followed the team very closely.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #123
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,313
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I think we are just coming from two different places. I don't see Case as a savior and I see severe limitations with Schaub. I look more at second half adjustments that coaching isn't responding to vs blaming a guy making his first three starts.
When was the last time a Kubiak led offense failed to gain 50 yards in an entire half?
__________________
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #124
speedfreek
All Pro
 
speedfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 913
Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
When was the last time a Kubiak led offense failed to gain 50 yards in an entire half?
You engage in such unusual logic debates with people.
So your contention is that Case is the reason the team is failing
in the second half? Vs. a coaching staff not making adjustments?

Your argument is 50 yards in an entire half? Ok, I'll play.
How many points did Matt Schaub contribute to in the game?
How many points did Case Keenum contribute to in the game?

What were the margins of loss when Case was playing QB in the games
he started? What mere the margins of loss when Schaub was playing
QB in the games he started?

I'll give you the short story -- Schaub doesn't lead to TDs. I don't
give a rats ass about yards. The entire TEAM struggles in the second
half -- or was it Keenum that was trucked instead of Swearinger?

Schaub, from this point forward, will NEVER give the team the best
chance to win because the guy cannot get the ball into the endzone.
and he makes mistakes too many mistakes -- he is more of a liability
than a positive.

Case will take a bad sack when the pressure is too much for this
travesty of an o-line. Schaubs response is to give the ball to the
other team -- in many cases with a wide open lane to the endzone.

The fact that Kubiak yanked Keenum has been used as a direct
indication as to why Gary is no longer a viable option as head coach
for this organization.

I have YET to see anyone in sports media claim that inserting Schaub
was the right (or smart) thing to do.

The only logic one can put on this whole situation is that Gary was
trying to do Matt "a favor" by allowing him to "go out in style" with
a win instead of having his last NFL game be known for clutching
his injured ankle on the ground while the hometown fans booed him.

Case isn't Brady, but don't lump this steaming stink pickle of a season
on him man..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #125
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 41
Posts: 32,313
Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
You engage in such unusual logic debates with people.
So your contention is that Case is the reason the team is failing
in the second half? Vs. a coaching staff not making adjustments?
If those are my only two choices then yes. There has never been another time in Kubiak's time here that we've failed to move the ball 50 yards in a half (not that I can think of, definitely not with the regularity we've seen since Keenum started).

Kubiak doesn't make "adjustments" is code for "I don't know what I'm talking about, but I like Case a lot more than I like Kubiak."

Whether it's Case Keenum on our broken team, or Matt McGloin starting for the broken Raiders, that UDFA has to find a way to move the ball.
__________________
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #126
speedfreek
All Pro
 
speedfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 913
Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

Matt McGloin was throwing against McCain, Keenum was throwing
against Woodson.

Their CB/LB were able to get TFL and sacks without any resistance,
our CB/LB didn't sniff McGloin, and if it were not for Watt their
QB wouldn't have had any dirt (or sweat for that matter) on his jersey.

You say I make excuses for Keenum -- I say you make excuses for
the team.

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If those are my only two choices then yes. There has never been another time in Kubiak's time here that we've failed to move the ball 50 yards in a half (not that I can think of, definitely not with the regularity we've seen since Keenum started).

Kubiak doesn't make "adjustments" is code for "I don't know what I'm talking about, but I like Case a lot more than I like Kubiak."

Whether it's Case Keenum on our broken team, or Matt McGloin starting for the broken Raiders, that UDFA has to find a way to move the ball.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #127
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 51
Posts: 11,208
Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& the flip side is what?

Let's assume Kubiak put Schaub in the game, because he wants to win. If that is true, then it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't make adjustments, that he was calling the game to make Case look bad.

Let's assume Kubiak was looking for any reason to get Schaub in the game. Why didn't he replace Keenum after the first snap of the Arizona game? Why didn't he replace Case when he threw the interception in Oakland, or the fumble, or one of the 10+ yard sacks? Why did he wait 'til we were down 2 scores in the second half?

If we're all being objective, why does Ben Tate or DeAndre Hopkins get credited with 7 points for the other team when they fumble the ball? Even when the defense had an opportunity to hold the other team to a field goal. But when Case fumbles a ball that is returned for a TD, it's not his fault, it's the RT, or the HC.

I said it was bad enough in our previous games that we did not move the ball in the second half of any game Keenum started. Against Oakland, at home the offense was going backwards.

Problem scoring in the second half, yes. That's a problem Kubiak led teams have had. Not moving the ball? Not so much. David Carr, Sage Rosenfels, Rex Grossman, Matt Lienart, Tj Yates, Dan Orlovsky... all moved the ball between the 20s with regularity when Kubiak is calling plays.

Do you live in the world of assumptions and technicalities?

Lets assume Gary's not very good at his job and Rick is technicaly Gary's lap dog.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger