Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like the "Bulls On Parade" nickname?
Yes 55 45.08%
No 67 54.92%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2013   #121
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Simple question: Do you like the nickname "Bulls On Parade"?

Worst nickname ever. I thought it when this thread came about and I think it now. I'm hoping a side effect of the Texans horrible play is this nickname going away forever.
Old 11-21-2013   #122
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
More like Bull**** on Parade.

amirite?
No, it's FOOLS on Parade. HAHAHAHHA
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #123
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Steers on parade!

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #124
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I hoped it left with Barwin.
Old 11-21-2013   #125
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80130 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Steers on parade!

TJ
That doesn't even make any sense. We're sticking with Fools on Parade and that's that.

Tools on Parade would also be acceptable.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #126
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Steers on parade!

TJ
Does that make the Cowboys queers?
Old 11-21-2013   #127
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Does that make the Cowboys queers?
The Cowboys were queers long before the Texans came along.
Old 11-21-2013   #128
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

They should call them the Matadors, because that's exactly how they face opposing offenses this season.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #129
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard the term "Bulls on Charade" recently and got a good chuckle.

The song is great. Nickname sucks, but I see what the logic was... a bad ass song with attitude.. why not link it to a defense? well... it is what it is, but it doesn't quite do it for me, for whatever reason.
Old 11-21-2013   #130
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

It's still a pretty good nickname, but any sort of team-related saying loses it's punch when the team is bad. Once the team is competitive again, I'm sure #BullsOnParade will be the cool thing to say once again.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #131
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 279120 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

"Tha rotten sore on tha face of mother earth gets bigger"

A line from the song, and certainly epitomizes seeing a former 12-4 team meltdown an entire season with an 8 game losing streak.

Time to close the book on the Kubiak era, and let this silly nickname be just another chapter.
Old 11-21-2013   #132
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Song - Yes!

Nickname - No!
We should call them the "BMF" defense and get them those wallets that Samuel Jackson had in Pulp Fiction to illustrate the point.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #133
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I want a t-shirt with "BULLS ON PARADE" across the back but in front I want it to say

"My team drafted Conner Barwin and all we got was this lousy nickname"

Hate it and instantly assume anyone using it sincerely is complete moron
Old 11-21-2013   #134
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I want a t-shirt with "BULLS ON PARADE" across the back but in front I want it to say

"My team drafted Conner Barwin and all we got was this lousy nickname"

Hate it and instantly assume anyone using it sincerely is complete moron
Yeah, I don't know if it makes me think the person's a moron, but it kinda pisses me off.

I didn't like it when Barwin came up with it and dang sure don't like it now. This defense hasn't been worthy of a nickname, especially one that was self-promoted. One good season doesn't equal Luv Ya Blue type status, imo
Old 11-21-2013   #135
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah, I don't know if it makes me think the person's a moron, but it kinda pisses me off.

I didn't like it when Barwin came up with it and dang sure don't like it now. This defense hasn't been worthy of a nickname, especially one that was self-promoted. One good season doesn't equal Luv Ya Blue type status, imo
Lets put it this way. If I walk into a room and catch a person wearing an oversized white shirt with "CHOOSE LIFE" on it dancing to "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" then I'm making the same call I'd make if I saw them before a Texans game screaming "BULLS ON PARADE! WHOOOOOHOOOOO!"
Old 11-21-2013   #136
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Lets put it this way. If I walk into a room and catch a person wearing an oversized white shirt with "CHOOSE LIFE" on it dancing to "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" then I'm making the same call I'd make if I saw them before a Texans game screaming "BULLS ON PARADE! WHOOOOOHOOOOO!"
lol. Nice
Old 11-21-2013   #137
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Always felt it was pretty stupid considering the context of the song it was based on.
Old 11-21-2013   #138
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it because it fits with the team name and logo, not just the song. Also the Texans cheerleaders still go by Babes on Parade as one of their nicknames. And while you can associate it with the Texans defense, which is lousy right now, I believe they'll do the name proud for the next two decades starting in 2014. Our defense may soon be anchored by two beasts in J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney.

I can stomach another six more losses in 2013 if it means a great defense for the next 12, 13, 14, 15 years, etc... etc... We may move back to the 4-3 defense unless Wade Phillips and the current coaching staff stays. I'd rather play a 4-3 with Watt at LE and Clowney at RE. We can fill in two defensive tackles. Hopefully Cushing is back at MLB and have Reed and Mercilus at OLB. Maybe we can draft a cornerback and defensive tackle early in rounds two or three.

It's our defense which needs the help right now. As much as we need a right tackle and quarterback, I'm almost tempted to just bring everybody back on offense next year (even Schaub since he's under contract) and simply try to upgrade right tackle in free agency. We just need to have a healthy Arian Foster and Owen Daniels.
Old 11-21-2013   #139
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Babes on Parade makes sense for cheerleaders though.

The defense would need to be "Bulls on a Rampage" or something more menacing to have any real bite to it.
Old 11-21-2013   #140
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't like the name, never did. But it doesn't bother me as much these days for some reason. Right now the only nickname the Texans deserve is "Losers on Parade".

The sooner they get past the funk they're in the better, then whatever they're called is fine. As long as they're winning.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read