Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2013   #24
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zerlein GOES OFF on the TEXANS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& the flip side is what?

Let's assume Kubiak put Schaub in the game, because he wants to win. If that is true, then it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't make adjustments, that he was calling the game to make Case look bad.

Let's assume Kubiak was looking for any reason to get Schaub in the game. Why didn't he replace Keenum after the first snap of the Arizona game? Why didn't he replace Case when he threw the interception in Oakland, or the fumble, or one of the 10+ yard sacks? Why did he wait 'til we were down 2 scores in the second half?

If we're all being objective, why does Ben Tate or DeAndre Hopkins get credited with 7 points for the other team when they fumble the ball? Even when the defense had an opportunity to hold the other team to a field goal. But when Case fumbles a ball that is returned for a TD, it's not his fault, it's the RT, or the HC.

I said it was bad enough in our previous games that we did not move the ball in the second half of any game Keenum started. Against Oakland, at home the offense was going backwards.

Problem scoring in the second half, yes. That's a problem Kubiak led teams have had. Not moving the ball? Not so much. David Carr, Sage Rosenfels, Rex Grossman, Matt Lienart, Tj Yates, Dan Orlovsky... all moved the ball between the 20s with regularity when Kubiak is calling plays.
I'm not even sure how to follow that way of thinking. You are nitpicking single moments and then trying to make it seem like Kubiak isn't an issue or Schaub isn't an issue. It's laughable. Your logic skips everything else that Case does....and again, I'm not a Case fan or someone who even called for him. But his roll out and throw to Graham..would Schaub be able to make that throw?..no! So that is 7 points that are as good as 7 points any other time. Keenum had basically tripled the amount of completions of over 20 yards in 2 games than Schaub had for the year. He had made only 3 starts total and he was doing just as much, if not more than Schaub. The team was already losing and Schaub was part of that. Kubiak has shown that he is overly loyal to players so why wouldn't it stand to reason that he would force Schaub in there again? FGs weren't winning games and Schaubs season was basically games full of interceptions and stalled drives. You are taking 3 second half drives and putting it on Case vs looking at a season of bad play that falls more on a diminished and beaten QB and a coach who basically fails to adjust and who has had that issue for 8 seasons or whatever. If you don't believe that look at both NE games last year. You are living in lala land.

I think we are just coming from two different places. I don't see Case as a savior and I see severe limitations with Schaub. I look more at second half adjustments that coaching isn't responding to vs blaming a guy making his first three starts.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 11-21-2013 at 12:26 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read