Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like the "Bulls On Parade" nickname?
Yes 55 45.08%
No 67 54.92%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2012   #101
kingh99

Default Re: Simple question: Do you like the nickname "Bulls On Parade"?

Is Bull Rush too obvious because that's exactly what they do.
Old 09-21-2012   #102
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Big energy city, JJ Watt.

Lights Out Defense.
Electric Company

rather do something like that honestly. Voted no btw.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #103
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

i love mean intimidating nicknames like sweetness and the tyler rose..

smh you old geezers need to relax, bulls on parade isnt going anywhere. continuing to recommend some tryhard, intimidation filled nickname like the stampede or damage inc isnt going to happen.. the walking dead, smh..

you guys that continue to say its gay. well, meaner, tougher men than you have had even more effeminate nicknames. if you hear parade and immediately think of pride festivals than so be it..

when i hear the nickname this is what i think of..

http://media.sacbee.com/static/weblo...ng_bulls18.jpg
Old 09-22-2012   #104
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Best intro song that will never get played anywhere *****NSFW*****

EDIT: Also, I like viewing this and I think the song fits.
I've got the perfect song for a good "hits" video. Anyone here want to team up and do a youtube video? I've never done anything like that.
There's no longer any tracks on the web, and I'd have to find the cd sleeve to get the exact lyrics.
It was originally written about the military after desert storm, but it would perfect for football or even MMA. It's heavy punked-up hardcore.

The lyrics go something like this:

Contact - Bombshop 101

Brace for contact, full speed collision
(something) We orchestrate hit and runs
Pray for our opponents when we attack
Brutal, lethal, fill the body bags

Mercenaries a simple fact
No remorse, we signed a contract
Back and forth the pendulum swings
M*****Fer get in the ring

How do you spell hype?
Today's prototype

We want contact, we want it now
Do what they want, obey the crowd
With a vengeance, full frontal assault
Destroy the threat, brought to a halt

What kind a force could do such a thing?
An overpowering warrior, a one-man gang
Back and forth the pendulum swings
M****Fer get in the ring!

How do you spell hype?
Today's prototype

Bracing for contact, full speed collision

CONTACT!
CONTACT!
CONTACT!
CONTACT!
CONTACT!
Old 09-22-2012   #105
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
i love mean intimidating nicknames like sweetness and the tyler rose..

smh you old geezers need to relax, bulls on parade isnt going anywhere. continuing to recommend some tryhard, intimidation filled nickname like the stampede or damage inc isnt going to happen.. the walking dead, smh..

you guys that continue to say its gay. well, meaner, tougher men than you have had even more effeminate nicknames. if you hear parade and immediately think of pride festivals than so be it..

when i hear the nickname this is what i think of..

http://media.sacbee.com/static/weblo...ng_bulls18.jpg
My only problem with Bulls on Parade is that does not roll off the tongue easily. I will let others have not liking Rage, or not macho, or coming from a song etc.
Old 09-22-2012   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I like the jam aspect of the song. I never cared for the "political" RATM, I love Audioslave.

Everytime I hear the phrase "Bulls on Parade" I think of "Elephants on Parade" from Dumbo Just doesn't sound though & manly enough for our defense. Back in the Travis Johnson days maybe, but nowadays, not so much.
Old 09-22-2012   #107
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally dont understand the issue people have with it. Bulls on parade does not bring anything "effeminate" to mind for me. I think bulls, and military, and that beat in the RATM song.

I dont automatically associate the word parade with baton twirling and old men in go-carts though. For some reason, some people are incapable of associating the word parade with the military.. which, historically, is what a parade is.

Whatever the case... it doesnt really matter what we think. Like it or hate it.. the players have identified with it, and the national media has caught wind of it. My advice would be to untwist your panties and embrace it whole-heartedly. The more we, the fans, boast about it..the more likely we are to have our defense become an icon in the NFL. If we continue to rail against the name, we are only gonna hurt our chances of being in the record books .

You may not want to put a Bulls on Parade sticker on your cherry '79 Camaro... or iron the patch on your Members Only jacket, but the sooner you can stop lobbying for whatever 80's action movie title you have been wanting to call our defense, the sooner we can stop having this conversation and get back to just enjoying being a dominate force in the NFL.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #108
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem is that some people think parade:

and other people think parade:

Or worse... parade:

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #109
wildroot
Veteran

Rep Power: 1945 wildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respectedwildroot is a quality contributor and well respected

The first thing I think of now when I hear "Bulls on Parade" is the Gay Pride Parade...someone said it last year, I tend to agree.
wildroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #110
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it because the players have embraced it. I agree it isn't the best nickname but if the song gets them pumped up and they like it, then I am for whatever makes them the best defense in the NFL.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #111
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
I personally dont understand the issue people have with it. Bulls on parade does not bring anything "effeminate" to mind for me. I think bulls, and military, and that beat in the RATM song.

I dont automatically associate the word parade with baton twirling and old men in go-carts though. For some reason, some people are incapable of associating the word parade with the military.. which, historically, is what a parade is.

Whatever the case... it doesnt really matter what we think. Like it or hate it.. the players have identified with it, and the national media has caught wind of it. My advice would be to untwist your panties and embrace it whole-heartedly. The more we, the fans, boast about it..the more likely we are to have our defense become an icon in the NFL. If we continue to rail against the name, we are only gonna hurt our chances of being in the record books .

You may not want to put a Bulls on Parade sticker on your cherry '79 Camaro... or iron the patch on your Members Only jacket, but the sooner you can stop lobbying for whatever 80's action movie title you have been wanting to call our defense, the sooner we can stop having this conversation and get back to just enjoying being a dominate force in the NFL.
Great post. I agree with you completely. Rep to you!
Old 11-21-2013   #112
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

So when the Texans clean house the coaches can take "Bulls on Parade" with them as they leave. Time to retire it.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #113
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

It really fits our defense this year:

Old 11-21-2013   #114
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

More like Fools on Parade. HAHAHAHAHA OMG
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #115
Raf
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Raf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respectedRaf is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the name. Not because I don't know what it means, much less imply...of course I do. I know where it's derived from.

My problem with it is that the masses DO NOT get it and thus think of a literal parade of slow paced bulls painted for the occassion. It's that perception that I loathe.
Raf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #116
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

More like Bull**** on Parade.

amirite?
Old 11-21-2013   #117
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 126444 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with Bulls Biodegrade.

That song applied to the team in 2011 when they got after other teams. Now they seem to have a 'turn the other' cheek mentality. The PA needs to replace that song with Alec Baldwins monolague from Glen Gary Glen Ross. Put the coffee down. Coffee is for closers.
Old 11-21-2013   #118
Say Watt
Site Contributor

I hate it now. Everything we have done since Barwin, Bulls on Parade, and the Letterman Jackets has been a failure. Time for the team to find a new nickname.
Old 11-21-2013   #119
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

No, I don't. It sounds goofy. This isn't the local kickball team. I prefer they not have a nickname unless it comes naturally and sounds intimidating.

Maybe they should spend less time embracing nicknames and more time studying film, because they suck.

I also don't understand the "the national media had embraced it" comment. I've never heard the national media refer to them as this unless they are reporting the nickname that the players like to go by. If they started randomly referring to us as "bulls on parade" I would probably laugh at it.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #120
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
To me a nickname should sound fierce and intimidating.

The Steel Curtain.
The House of Pain.
The Purple People Eaters.
Monsters of the Midway.
The Fearsome Foursome.
The Doomsday Defense.

These teams played hard nosed defense and were utilized intimidating nicknames.

Bulls on Parade is not intimidating. I understand what it means, but it still comes across as passive. The Bulls are walking down the street. There is no raw aggression that comes to me when I think of that nickname.

Thus, I don't care for it.
Exactly my feelings.

"Bulls on Parade" for me only brings to mind the picture of the clownish cow art that was at one time scattered throughout Houston.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read