Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2013   #241
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 40896 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
They are all big games in the NFL.

September 19th, 2010 is the only one I can think of off hand. Matt really came through on that one.

That beautiful highlight reel pass to AJ for the tie with 2:11 to go in the 4th. We won in OT. Matt Schaub QBR of 114. 497 yards passing. 3TDs and a pick.

Come to think of it, that's pretty sh!tty when I can only think of 1.

There's gotta be more, right?
that is the first game I've seen of the texans, that game made me a fan
Old 11-21-2013   #242
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Good lord, I have been reading comments on different sites about this situation, and there a quite a few people calling AJ a "spoiled brat", "quitter", "sore loser" etc.

People like this really piss me off. They are obviously bandwagon fans and have no idea what the fvck they are talking about.

Just had to get that off my chest.
MSR, but I agree with you.

I can honestly say the LAST thing I would have EVER said seeing AJ walk off the field like that is "what a baby".

I said a few words I couldn't say on TV along with, "Good job Kubiak, you not only wasted this teams time. You also managed to make one of the most dedicated of Texans, rethink his dedication."

I think that should have been the last straw and an instant firing taking place of Kubiak. The season is a wash.... there is no reason to lose one of the greatest players this team has ever seen in the process.
Old 10-22-2014   #243
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember being pissed at AJ during training camp. Now I just feel bad for him. I owe him an apology, he was right, the QB situation wasn't addressed (not that there were options, other than rookies, not sure any were the answer) and the team is in shambles. Who knows maybe they pull it together and start to look like a pro team before week 17. However looks a lot like last season......

I disagree with those that say this team doesn't have enough talent to be decent, but it's hard to tell at this point. I wonder if AJ fell for the 3 and 1 start or if he saw the season for what it is.
Old 10-23-2014   #244
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I remember being pissed at AJ during training camp. Now I just feel bad for him. I owe him an apology, he was right, the QB situation wasn't addressed (not that there were options, other than rookies, not sure any were the answer) and the team is in shambles. Who knows maybe they pull it together and start to look like a pro team before week 17. However looks a lot like last season......

I disagree with those that say this team doesn't have enough talent to be decent, but it's hard to tell at this point. I wonder if AJ fell for the 3 and 1 start or if he saw the season for what it is.
AJ is our Barry Sanders. Hall of Fame talent stuck on a perpetually mediocre team (except for the two playoff years, where they were an above average team ).

At least Barry made it to an NFC Championship Game...
Old 10-23-2014   #245
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 34219 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson rides to Ryan Fitzpatrick’s defense

Link

Quote:
When Texans receiver Andre Johnson was staying away this offseason, amid reports he was disturbed about the team’s rebuilding phase, it was natural to assume he wasn’t happy with the quarterback, or lack thereof.

But even as coach Bill O’Brien said Ryan Fitzpatrick made some bad reads and missed Johnson for some big gains recently, the veteran receiver came to the defense of the journeyman quarterback.

“When you don’t win, everybody needs to look at themselves and see what they can do better,” Johnson said, via Dale Robertson of the Houston Chronicle. “We all need to pick our play up, fix the mistakes we’re making and do what we need to do to win. You can’t dwell on one person or one guy. Head coaches and quarterbacks are going to get the bulk of the criticism because of the positions they’re in.”

Johnson said if anything, “better communication” would fix the problems between himself and his quarterback.

“He has a tough job, a lot to think about on every play,” Johnson said. “You just have to communicate with him, let him know what you’re seeing, stuff like that. Everybody makes mistakes. I make mistakes. Nobody’s perfect.”

Of course, if Johnson really wanted more open lines of communication with Fitzpatrick, he had an offseason full of chances to build them, but he declined.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014   #246
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a defense?
Old 10-23-2014   #247
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68452 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
Andre Johnson rides to Ryan Fitzpatrick’s defense

Link
Andre Johnson has always been a class act, which is why he should be inducted into the Hall of Fame, because he will never say anything bad about his qb's, no matter how poorly they're playing.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014   #248
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“My job is to get the ball to our play-makers and I didn’t get it to Andre nearly enough early,” Texans starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said. “It’s just one of those deals, I’ve got to continue as I progress to continue to get better, continue to throw the ball to the right guy and making sure everybody is on the same page.”
http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...get-andre-ball
Old 10-23-2014   #249
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
No, no, no. Entirely the wrong attitude. What he needs to do is see all his receivers. Look at how streaky he is. One game it's like he only sees Hopkins. The next it's like he only sees AJ. (And doesn't see the TEs in either).

It's fine to throw jump balls to either and let them make plays. Don't force it to either though.
Old 10-23-2014   #250
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Those crazy trade rumors circulated by ESPN earlier about the Texans being interested in trading Andre Johnson, Tom Savage and their 2015 first-round pick to the Patriots for Tom Brady. As if the Patriots would ever entertain such an offer. If the Texans offered another early pick on top of that (second or third), perhaps Bill Belichick would be open ears considering he's very high on Jimmy Garoppolo. The problem is do we need another Joe Montana to the Chiefs type of story in the NFL? Would an aging Tom Brady win us a Lombardi or two, hypothetically speaking (for the Texans) before he retires? This is like those Peyton Manning to Houston, I don't want to say rumors, as Peyton genuinely had interest in coming to the Texans, - possibilities let's call it- when he was a free agent. If we were eager to chase a ring we'd have done so back then.

It made me wonder though, what about Jay Cutler from the Bears? Seems like the Chicago fan base wants him out of town. Their front office would be wise to at least listen to some trade offers. Would he be an easier fetch in a trade? How would the salaries work? With the trading deadline nearing is there any trade at all that makes sense for the Texans? Without having to give up Andre Johnson of course. I know the Tom Brady to Houston rumors are so far fetched but what about a lesser caliber quarterback like Jay Cutler? I mean granted he is getting paid a superstar contract.
Old 10-23-2014   #251
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

The ESPN link by the way. It was mostly talked about on the radio shows this morning. I'm sure somebody posted it in the NFL sub-forum.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...houston-texans

Honestly, I don't think Rick Smith has the guts to make a big time move to land us an elite quarterback. There have been ample opportunities in the past. I'd even include the year Schaub got hurt we could have made a phone call to Brett Favre (that never happened). I think if the Texans go 7-9 or worse this season Rick Smith will be fired. I'm still hoping for 10-6.

We could have realistically landed Peyton Manning or Brett Favre and had a legitimate shot to win a Super Bowl ring. We never seem to thrive for excellence. That's the problem with the Texans. Rick Smith doesn't seem to understand the value of a good quarterback. He's been "Matt Schaubitized". Schaub did have a few nice years for us. I'll give him that. But did anybody really have faith that Matt Schaub was the type of quarterback who was going to lead the team to a Super Bowl victory? He was never that type of guy. We rolled with T.J. Yates in the playoffs - he stunk it up at Baltimore in the divisional round - when we could have brought in somebody a heck of a lot better.

The Texans are a poorly run organization. We've gotten lucky with a few drafts (J.J. Watt). Even Andre Johnson way back in 2003. But overall we've had so many wasted picks it's beyond comprehension. This is why we're never going to win a Super Bowl. You can't win it all blowing so many picks. At least until we bring in a GM who knows how to run a draft properly.

I touched on it, on another thread, but look at our 2014 draft class? Our sixth-round pick has been the best of the bunch so far. We had guys taken high in the 2013 draft (3rd, 4th round picks) that aren't even on the roster anymore. The Texans need a guy at the top - a real leader in the front office - who knows how to run a successful franchise.
Old 10-23-2014   #252
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That was a defense?
Agreed. I saw the interview on HT.com the other day, I didn't think it was a defense & I didn't think he was exactly rushing anywhere either. Probably why I'm not a newspaper reporter. I just don't have the imagination.
Old 10-23-2014   #253
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

I feel so bad that Andre Johnson never had the opportunity to play with a Super Bowl winning type of quarterback. He's played with terrible quarterbacks other than Schaub for a few seasons. Schaub at his best, when he made two pro bowls and led the league in passing yardage, was likely a second-tier quarterback but never elite.
Old 10-23-2014   #254
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64147 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
The ESPN link by the way. It was mostly talked about on the radio shows this morning. I'm sure somebody posted it in the NFL sub-forum.
McNair will never allow Andre to be traded.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014   #255
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

For ten years he's been trying to "continue to get better" (Fitz).

Anyone still waiting for progress on that front is waiting in vain.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #256
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Claus, again...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B33h79sCIAAXCQi.jpg:large

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
Quote:
How many toys can you grab in 80 seconds?

$16,266 dollars worth, apparently...

#AndreClaus: http://bit.ly/1zenzoS
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:
Really cute: a tiny little girl snuck up to the stage while everyone was opening their gifts to read Johnson a thank you letter she wrote.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #257
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

HT.com Video

Pretty long interview, especially for Dre. But they asked him some good questions & he gave honest answers.

I'm hoping, before it all ends, that someone can talk Andre into doing a "Leon" like interview with a straight face, I think it would be hilarious.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #258
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 33633 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Good stat (per Mark Berman from TexansPR)

Quote:
From TexansPR: Andre Johnson &DeAndre Hopkins combined yds receiving(3970)last 2years more than any AFC rec duo,2nd to Bears Marshall/Jeffery
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #259
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Chapman View Post
Good stat (per Mark Berman from TexansPR)
With absolutely crap QB play. Instead of trying to kick one of the duo to the curb let's play this thing out.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #260
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 33633 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
With absolutely crap QB play. Instead of trying to kick one of the duo to the curb let's play this thing out.
ding ding ding
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read