Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013   #461
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Say what you want about Reed's time here, but this dude is saying a lot of things that have been on my mind for some time.
I've got mixed feelings. I'd like to know what's really going on, as I suspect play-calling is an issue. It doesn't make sense for Jjo to be playing worse than he ever played for Cincinnati, or Kj to appear to take steps back, or for McCain to be starting over Brandon Harris.

I've been feeling that Wade is calling his defense out of sync on purpose. Our guys are expecting one thing & they're constantly seeing something totally different, which is causing them to be out of position & beat.

I was hoping after the Arizona game he wouldn't want to be a head coach anymore. He sounded so broken in the press conferences & doing the Gary Kubiak show.
Old 11-21-2013   #462
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
It's stupid, though. Can't shake reputations once they're built. I refuse to allow that **** to happen to the Texans.

The Texans are way down on my priority list of things to worry about. Everything will turn around eventually in time. Probably won't be this year though. The whole organization needs a good house cleaning.
Old 11-21-2013   #463
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's stupid, though. Can't shake reputations once they're built. I refuse to allow that **** to happen to the Texans.
Sadly, IT's already happened....
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #464
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ed-reed...0430--nfl.html

Ed speaks
Quote:
"That defense is not a good fit for a lot of people who is still down there, so it wasn't just about me," Reed said. "People might feel a certain way, like, 'Ed did this and Ed didn't do things on the football field.' But you've got to look at the playcaller. People don't know how the schematic part of it goes. You have to put your players in position to make plays as well, from a coaching perspective."
Spoken like a true champion. Ed did a lot of talking....
Old 11-21-2013   #465
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Reed is hoping to be the last piece Houston needs.

"I've watched these guys so many times," Reed said. "I've played against them, I know what this team has, I know what this organization has. I know what I'm coming into, as far as the mentality. There's a goal that's been set, from top to bottom. I come in just for that, I come in to play championship football."

Gulp....

Reed said Texans general manager Rick Smith called him on the first day of free agency and the Texans were his first choice from that point on.

"I think we both knew, just from the conversation, how things were going and how this would work," Reed said. "It just was a matter of time with getting it done."

Its all farts and giggles in the offseason Ed.....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #466
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

As he leaves our fair city and says disparaging things about the coaching staff all I can remember is the time when as a Raven he faced off against Hines Ward and Hines broke his jaw...have a nice life jackass.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #467
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Have lost any respect I had for the man.
Old 11-21-2013   #468
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
As he leaves our fair city and says disparaging things about the coaching staff all I can remember is the time when as a Raven he faced off against Hines Ward and Hines broke his jaw...have a nice life jackass.
That was actually Keith Rivers of the Bengals although Ed and Hines have had their 'meetings'....
Old 11-21-2013   #469
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Have lost any respect I had for the man.
I lost it about 2 years ago when he started bitching about his contract saying the Ravens had 'disrespected' him....then he started the whole 'will he retire or wont he' BS in the offseason....it was ridiculous.
Old 11-21-2013   #470
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I lost it about 2 years ago when he started bitching about his contract saying the Ravens had 'disrespected' him....then he started the whole 'will he retire or wont he' BS in the offseason....it was ridiculous.
Damn. And after all that, the Houston Texans go ahead and overpay the guy, trot him back to Houston on the owner's private jet, have the owner publicly call out the current leadership by saying Ed Reed will teach them how to have balls against Tom Brady, and then spin all the bad news about his injuries to the fans like business as usual.

**** Ed Reed and **** the dip****s that signed him as a savior. This season is a freakin' fiasco from top to bottom. At least the last abysmal season could still be attributed to being an expansion team. Now, 12 seasons after the inauguration and 8 years of Kubiak, the only thing to attribute it to is incompetence.
Old 11-21-2013   #471
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 125849 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Is it robbery if we invite him into our house and give him the money?
Nope. Texans paid for a used car and their mechanics didn't check the carfax report closely.
Old 11-21-2013   #472
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why? You LIKE this sideshow bull****? I don't. All these distractions have turned us into a ****ing clown show. If I wanted that, I'd be an Eagles, Jets, Cowboys, or Raiders fan.
I think you have the order backwards..

The ****ing clown show (which is what this team/coaching staff is) is what has now created the distractions.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #473
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I think you have the order backwards..

The ****ing clown show (which is what this team/coaching staff is) is what has now created the distractions.

We are merely the hemherroids clinging around the butt-crack of a franchise.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #474
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195032 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

After listening to Reed's classless approach to his remarks, and then listening to Wade's response when asked about them, Reed's remarks became immensely more classless.

I would have to reply to Reed that Wade did exactly what he has always done.......giving the player and the team the best chance to succeed..........by putting him on a plane..........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #475
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I would have to reply to Reed that Wade did exactly what he has always done.......giving the player and the team the best chance to succeed..........by putting him on a plane..........
Yep. As I have said a couple times, the Texans were outcoached when they signed Ed Reed and every time they played him. They were outplayed every time he set foot on the field.
Old 11-21-2013   #476
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
After listening to Reed's classless approach to his remarks, and then listening to Wade's response when asked about them, Reed's remarks became immensely more classless.

I heard Wade's full reply, and I cannot help but like the guy. Dude is a chip off the ol' block, and he's got more class in his pinky than Ed could even begin to imagine.

I think Reed might be attempting to distance his career from the 2-8 Texans, but Wade nailed it without having to elaborate. You represent yourself with reactions to situations that you're involved in.

I've only got one message for Ed Reed at this point:

Old 11-21-2013   #477
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I still find it humorous that some folks think Ed Reed revealed anything that we didn't already know. As to Ed Reed, good riddance is all I can say. He's the Jets problem now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #478
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
That was actually Keith Rivers of the Bengals although Ed and Hines have had their 'meetings'....
The Steeler/Ravens game means less now that neither of them is suiting up.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #479
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Damn. And after all that, the Houston Texans go ahead and overpay the guy, trot him back to Houston on the owner's private jet, have the owner publicly call out the current leadership by saying Ed Reed will teach them how to have balls against Tom Brady, and then spin all the bad news about his injuries to the fans like business as usual.

**** Ed Reed and **** the dip****s that signed him as a savior. This season is a freakin' fiasco from top to bottom. At least the last abysmal season could still be attributed to being an expansion team. Now, 12 seasons after the inauguration and 8 years of Kubiak, the only thing to attribute it to is incompetence.
Rex Ryan signs ER because "we've given up too many long balls".....

Well who did Jacoby Jones beat on that 66yd TD pass into a 25 mph wind?

Ed Reed.....http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ets-highlights
Old 11-25-2013   #480
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The Steeler/Ravens game means less now that neither of them is suiting up.
Means a TON- records tied, steelers hold head to head advantage and both teams are 1 game out of 6th playoff spot. Ravens have better conference record.

Thanksgiving night? gonna be a dogfight.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read