Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2013   #281
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
That article validates both sides of the argument. Boo all you want that is your prerogative, but at appropriate times. Missed a field goal boo. Didn't convert 3rd down boo. Get run over for an 80 yard TD boo. 4th and 2 from the 4 yard line? Yeahh let's wait til they botch it at least.
That's the thing, as soon as you put Schaub back in, that's exactly what you've done...botched it...big time.
Old 11-20-2013   #282
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
That's the thing, as soon as you put Schaub back in, that's exactly what you've done...botched it...big time.
And I get that angle, but if you win last Sunday you're only 2 wins out of the wild card race, is winning not what everyone wants? Schaub is persona non grata in these parts, but at some point you just have to roll with the punches. I was as shocked as the next guy to see Don Flamenco trot out there with his fake mean mug, but the fan in me took over and said "ok, that's crazy but how worse can it get" and apparently for some the sky fell.
Old 11-20-2013   #283
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Listen, booing your home team is very common. That's not the objection.

The objection is booing WHILE the team is on the field trying to execute a play.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #284
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

The objection is booing WHILE the team is on the field trying to execute a play.
Ever heard of emotion? The booing was a response to Gary Kubiak giving the finger to all the fans in the building that at least had something to cheer for with Case on the field.

DB already touched on it but in an effort to show displeasure with an organization, we the fans have two options: boo or quit buying tickets. In the age of PSLs, no longer buying the ticket only hurts the true fan, not the organization. With the waiting list for season tickets right now, you'd be a fool to give up season tickets at this point.

Yes, ideally the fans would have waiting until AFTER the offense was off the field. But if they did that, then how is the team supposed to know WHAT EXACTLY the fans are booing?!? If it's after the offense goes off the field, they could be booing the whole offense, the defense coming on the field, the special teams, or any number of scenarios. Fans booing when they did sent the message that needed to be sent: we are sick of Matt Schaub and barring injury, do not want to see him step foot on the field again in a Texans uniform. Period.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #285
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

They could boo between plays then. Once they get to the LOS, they need to shut the **** up. I'm pretty sure management will know why the boos are coming down regardless.

And if it's about sending a message, then don't cheer when plays are successful. In fact, silence all around would be preferable. Indifference is powerful.
Old 11-20-2013   #286
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They could boo between plays then. Once they get to the LOS, they need to shut the **** up. I'm pretty sure management will know why the boos are coming down regardless.
We will simply have to agree to disagree here. People responded immediately with their disgust. No one cares at this point if they can call their stupid offensive plays that just lead to another 3 and out or a pick 6. The team is 2-8. They are one of the worst teams in the NFL. If this had happened 3-4 games ago, I might be inclined to agree with you. At this point, the team and the players need to shut the hell up and start taking responsibility for their own suckitude instead of ALWAYS blaming someone else.

Quote:
And if it's about sending a message, then don't cheer when plays are successful. In fact, silence all around would be preferable. Indifference is powerful.
I could get down with that. It'd be pretty awesome if Schaub had thrown a TD and the whole crowd was silent.
Old 11-20-2013   #287
Say Watt
Site Contributor

On another note, I really can't wait until Tate packs his **** and gets the hell out of town. This comment was idiotic by him, but my bigger problem is his continued obsession with Auburn. I follow a lot of athletes on facebook and Twitter, and NONE of them have the obsession with their college team that Tate does with Auburn. I can't remember the last time Tate had anything to say about the team that is actually paying him millions of dollars to miss more games than he has played. Cushing occasionally mentions USC, but he has A LOT more to say about the Texans and his team. Tate has always seemed like the kind of guy to me that just doesn't really give a ****.
Old 11-20-2013   #288
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

What if the boos hindered their ability to execute the plays properly and that's why some of them didn't work leading to three points?

As for Tate, I agree. Never really saw the big fuss about him. Good player no doubt, but expendable.
Old 11-20-2013   #289
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I understand your distinction. Any other season that does not have an 8 game losing streak, I would be disgusted, as well.

This is not a stupid fan base. I have been to many games, including playoff games, where the fan collective knew exactly when to be noisy and when to be quiet.

And because of that, I think the fans sent a clear message to Bob McNair with the boos at that specific time in the game. There is only ONE reason why fans acted that way.

The offense already had three drives that were 3-and-outs to start the second half. No boos when it happened. It's not like fans were just randomly booing a bad product. They were not consistently booing the offense prior to no. 8 trotting out there.

This was a clear message to McNair from his paying customers. He knows this fan base does not regularly make noise when our offense is on the field. He knows that 99% of the time the boos are for opposing teams. And he knows this is a loyal city that desperately wants a winning football team.

I understand your overall point. But, I'm giving a pass to the fans on this one. These are extraordinary circumstances to see a 12-4 playoff team go 2-8 and look like one of the worst teams in the league. Dysfunction is rampant, discontent is spreading like a virus, and the winds of rebellion against status quo are turning into hurricane force storms.
Old 11-20-2013   #290
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

lol who are you?.... the boo police?
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #291
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys realize part of the noise problem was people cheering trying to drown out the boos right?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #292
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
We could all dress like Casper The Friendly Ghost and "Boo" for the full sixty minutes. Maybe then they'd understand.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #293
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
We could all dress like Casper The Friendly Ghost and "Boo" for the full sixty minutes. Maybe then they'd understand.
you want everyone to dress up in white sheets at the next game? That'll get their attention, that's for sure.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #294
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Dale, your credibility is poop when you say the above but try to claim the below:

You have mastered the art of talking out of both ends at the same time.
Not true... I am not one of the fans that claim winning championshs are all that matter... I booed the2005 team because of poor effort and a dull product. Also, I did not do it when Carr was under center.

These guys scream about winning being everything and then undermine apt entail win.
Old 11-20-2013   #295
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Not true... I am not one of the fans that claim winning championshs are all that matter... I booed the2005 team because of poor effort and a dull product. Also, I did not do it when Carr was under center.

These guys scream about winning being everything and then undermine apt entail win.
Dale, are you seriously going to say you know why everyone in the stadium was booing?

And let's pretend you do...are you seriously going to say it's only ok when I boo under these specific circumstances?

Maybe you guys should get together and write the boo rules. Then get that to every texan fan so everyone is clear on when to boo?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #296
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
haha, like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1XtsAdn2o
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #297
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Pay your money for your ticket and boo till you're blue in the face. If you make yourself out to be an idiot, so be it, and if you happen to bring about some needed changes, all the better.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #298
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 29308 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

Winning championships aren't what matters?

What the hell is the point then? If you're happy with an organization that got to the play offswith Peyton gone (finally) and then coming apart 1 year later, then by all means, have fun with that. Sucess in this league is determined by the number of rings you have on your fingers, all other measuring sticks are meaningless.

I don't understand how people are so willing to keep chugging right along with the "Hold on it will get better" attitude. I don't think this is change for the sake of change, it's change that has to happen.

As for the booing, meh. You're freaking pros, supposedly, grow a set and get over it.
Old 11-20-2013   #299
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Ben Tate isn't very bright.

Quote:
Ben Tate @BenTateRB
That's funny BC I can't still havent hit purburity to do it haha RT @mikemartensen: @BenTateRB let your beard grow out dude!
Old 11-20-2013   #300
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134946 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ben Tate isn't very bright.

Purburity? So Tate is not a pure burrito?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read