Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2013   #261
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17974 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The "grumpy people" are his millionaire players who've lost 8 in a row.

Fans took unbrage with these whiny players who got butt-hurt when we booed a poor coaching decision and acted as if the fans had anything to do with their dismal performance.
So is that why people are mad? Because they get paid millions and guys like me and you get 60k?

Fans can boo that's a given, but Tate only spoke the truth! So then he should have just said 'yeah it was great the fans boo'd us into a false start the last play of the game, we live that and we love our fans'. <wink> with a sparkle in his smile. I appreciate his candor.
Old 11-20-2013   #262
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The "grumpy people" are his millionaire players who've lost 8 in a row.

Fans took unbrage with these whiny players who got butt-hurt when we booed a poor coaching decision and acted as if the fans had anything to do with their dismal performance.
yep. And I'd bet the Head Grump in Charge is the grumpiest of all seeing an on-going 8 game losing streak and thousands of his loyal paying customers expressing dissatisfaction at his coach's dysfunctional decision making process.

Putting Schaub out there was merely re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Old 11-20-2013   #263
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
In 2005, I was booing in the stands and cared more about organizational change than about the texans winning.
Do you think it might stand to reason that the boos might mean that the fans at Reliant saw enough at that point and wanted organizational change as well?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #264
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post

Your argument that you pay to have a competent team is bogus too. You pay for the entertainment aspect, if you feel you aren't getting your moneys worth then stop attending and watching simple as that.
I will stop watching and have turned games off and sold my season tickets. What does that have to do with fans at the game booing? They are showing displeasure with the product they have paid for.

Quote:
. Ganging up on Tate or OD for having normal human emotions is ridiculous.

So you're here to protect them? poor Tate and OD. Uncle Rico is gonna protect you guys.

Please. You wanna talk about bogus.

And why is it ok for Tate and OD to show "normal human emotions", but not the fans?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #265
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So is that why people are mad? Because they get paid millions and guys like me and you get 60k?

Fans can boo that's a given, but Tate only spoke the truth! So then he should have just said 'yeah it was great the fans boo'd us into a false start the last play of the game, we live that and we love our fans'. <wink> with a sparkle in his smile. I appreciate his candor.
How about, "I understand why the fans booed..they have the right to do that....but at the same time it makes it harder on us on offense"

That's a better statement IMO. But Tate doesn't understand why the fans booed. He doesn't get it and he admitted as much on the radio yesterday morning.
Old 11-20-2013   #266
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 135235 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No he should have said 'yeah it was great the fans boo'd us into a false start the last play of the game because our lousy QB threw the ball short of the goal line AGAIN then on his second chance to win the game on the very last play he threw the ball into triple coverage AGAIN, we love that and we love our fans and our lousy Schaub'. <wink> with a sparkle in his smile. I appreciate his candor
Old 11-20-2013   #267
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As Tate grows up, he'll likely learn that being right isn't always right. Fans aren't mad that he gets paid bank. The bank reference is a reality check that as a "Paid Entertainer/Performer" there's going to be some criticism when you stink up the joint. Although, some nut huggers, like yourself will find it intolerable, the TRUTH is it's inevitable that poor performance will warrant criticism.

I wouldn't want to speculate as to what has fans "mad" as you put it. For me I take no offense by his comment. But objectively, I see his comment, while true, having little bearing on the root of his frustration and certainly not a vessel in which to right the ship. To stand on a soap box and whine about how booing fans suck, truth or fiction, when you are 2-8 is petty and can only bring on further backlash.
Old 11-20-2013   #268
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 17974 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I will stop watching and have turned games off and sold my season tickets. What does that have to do with fans at the game booing? They are showing displeasure with the product they have paid for.

So you're here to protect them? poor Tate and OD. Uncle Rico is gonna protect you guys.

Please. You wanna talk about bogus.

And why is it ok for Tate and OD to show "normal human emotions", but not the fans?
Just because people buy tix and merch it doesnt give them a right to act like jerks. I'm not going to affect my way of life over a game, that's what I'm saying. If players are subject to criticism then why can't the fans? Oh that's right they are immune and can do no wrong.
Old 11-20-2013   #269
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
No he should have said 'yeah it was great the fans boo'd us into a false start the last play of the game because our lousy QB threw the ball short of the goal line AGAIN then on his second chance to win the game on the very last play he threw the ball into triple coverage AGAIN, we love that and we love our fans and our lousy Schaub'. <wink> with a sparkle in his smile. I appreciate his candor
Golf clap. Nice.
Old 11-20-2013   #270
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
As Tate grows up, he'll likely learn that being right isn't always right. Fans aren't mad that he gets paid bank. The bank reference is a reality check that as a "Paid Entertainer/Performer" there's going to be some criticism when you stink up the joint. Although, some nut huggers, like yourself will find it intolerable, the TRUTH is it's inevitable that poor performance will warrant criticism.

I wouldn't want to speculate as to what has fans "mad" as you put it. For me I take no offense by his comment. But objectively, I see his comment, while true, having little bearing on the root of his frustration and certainly not a vessel in which to right the ship. To stand on a soap box and whine about how booing fans suck, truth or fiction, when you are 2-8 is petty and can only bring on further backlash.
So well versed and yet you need to name call to make a point? Run along child recess is almost over, come back when you learn how to have an adult conversation.
Old 11-20-2013   #271
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So well versed and yet you need to name call to make a point? Run along child recess is almost over, come back when you learn how to have an adult conversation.
If you are suggesting you are NOT a nut-hugger, then I apologize for confusing you as such. Apparently perception overshadowed reality.

The day a $hit Disturber calls me out as being child-like... lol

Go on back to your stirring...
Old 11-20-2013   #272
Rey
Hall of Fame

R
Quote:
Just because people buy tix and merch it doesnt give them a right to act like jerks. I'm not going to affect my way of life over a game, that's what I'm saying. If players are subject to criticism then why can't the fans? Oh that's right they are immune and can do no wrong.
Just in case you didn't know, part of the noise was people cheering as well. OD didn't feel like people should have been cheering when Schaub came in either.

And you're smart enough to figure out the difference between fabs criticizing players and players criticizing fans. Let's be real here.

No player is going to be fine with any form of criticism.

I don't even care about Tate and OD really. I even get how they feel. But the one thing that is slightly annoying in a message board kind of way, is fans who attack other fans for venting frustrations of a 2-8 team that has botched so many things.
Old 11-20-2013   #273
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 60163 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so tate can run his mouth but the fans cant yell or boo at the players? looks like someone spiked your
Old 11-20-2013   #274
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
so tate can run his mouth but the fans cant yell or boo at the players? looks like someone spiked your
They can boo them all they want, just not when the offense is in the middle of conducting a play because that's dumb and no other team's fans do that.

But again, I'm not shocked that people here don't understand that.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #275
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
They can boo them all they want, just not when the offense is in the middle of conducting a play because that's dumb and no other team's fans do that.

I call BS, lots of other teams fans would boo that crappy move if placed in the same situation.
Old 11-20-2013   #276
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
R

Just in case you didn't know, part of the noise was people cheering as well. OD didn't feel like people should have been cheering when Schaub came in either.

And you're smart enough to figure out the difference between fabs criticizing players and players criticizing fans. Let's be real here.

No player is going to be fine with any form of criticism.

I don't even care about Tate and OD really. I even get how they feel. But the one thing that is slightly annoying in a message board kind of way, is fans who attack other fans for venting frustrations of a 2-8 team that has botched so many things.
Respect. You're entitled to your opinions. I wasn't trying to demean or degrade anybody I just felt this surge of negativity and felt it needed balancThis season has been a huge dissapointment for all parties involved and I'm pretty sure as the fans have reached their breaking point so have the players I mean look at what happened at the end of the game. It sucks, royally but as a fanbase there are times and places to pick your battles and the last few plays of a winnable game we should help our boys out, if the object is to win regardless of who's out there.
Old 11-20-2013   #277
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No other team's fans boo their offense???? Lmmfao!!!! Awesome.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #278
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's really not that uncommon, this article is about the 2010 season:

Quote:
After the Chicago Bears lost their sixth straight game to the Green Bay Packers in their historic rivalry on Sunday, Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher wasn't too happy with the hometown crowd.
"The boos were really loud, which is always nice," Urlacher said. "The only team in our division that gets booed at home is us. ... It's unbelievable to me."

I'm not sure if he is right about the Bears being the only team getting booed in the NFC North, as I'm pretty sure I have heard some booing from fans in Detroit and Minnesota directed toward their teams in the past.

But I do think Urlacher has a point in criticizing fans about booing their home team. It seems to be getting a little out of hand.

Yes, fans pay good money to watch their team play and have every right to boo if they want to. But when you put all your energy into booing the team you supposedly love, what do you have left for the opposing team?

In places such as Philadelphia this season, the booing of the Eagles has seemed to turn the team's home-field advantage into a disadvantage. It's like many fans are so determined to express their frustration with the Eagles that they forget another team is on the field. It's fine to be frustrated, but I think the visitors should be the most-hated team on the field.

At least Eagles fans have a reason to boo their team loudly this season. The team is 4-10 and has looked pretty pathetic in what looks to be Andy Reid's final season in Philadelphia. But throughout much of the past decade, when the Eagles were making deep runs in the playoffs nearly every season, booing Donovan McNabb after every incompletion didn't make much sense.

The home booing trend has gotten so bad that Kansas City Chiefs fans actually cheered as their quarterback Matt Cassel laid on the ground with a head injury during a game earlier this season. The fans' reaction set off a post-game rant from Chiefs tackle Eric Winston, who said in it "we've got a lot of problems as a society if people think that's OK."
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/spor...point_hom.html

People don't want to pay to see their team be complete crap, and the best way for them to voice their displeasure is to boo at the game. The next best way is to not buy tickets or not show up for the game. For some, it is a bit too late for option 2.
Old 11-20-2013   #279
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

People don't want to pay to see their team be complete crap, and the best way for them to voice their displeasure is to boo at the game. The next best way is to not buy tickets or not show up for the game. For some, it is a bit too late for option 2.
That article validates both sides of the argument. Boo all you want that is your prerogative, but at appropriate times. Missed a field goal boo. Didn't convert 3rd down boo. Get run over for an 80 yard TD boo. 4th and 2 from the 4 yard line? Yeahh let's wait til they botch it at least.
Old 11-20-2013   #280
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Good article find. I have Googled the subject, as well, and booing has become rather common across the league. Even teams like this year's Broncos and Patriots, both led by future HoF QBs and certain of playoff spots, are getting booed.

Pointing at Houston fans like it is exclusive is either agenda driven or the product of media blinders. In no way is it objective to act like Houston is the only place that it has happened.

As for your last point, I do wonder if their is a direct correlation in the rise of PSLs and booing. Point being that in the past, people would not renew season tickets as sign of disgust for a bad product. However, with PSLs, there is a "investment incentive" that they do not want to lose the initial costs just to buy the seats. So they are stuck buying the season tickets year in / year out, and as a result the only way to show displeasure is to get liquored up and be vocal about it.

I'm not one to boo my own team. That said, I'm not going to get on my high horse and act like I am superior to everyone else.

I understand the disgust of fans.

And I understand the perspective of players.

The ones I just don't get are the fans who have nothing better to do than bag on other fans, especially when they exhibit a superiority complex displayed through lame insults and generalized assumptions. And we got it the first time you wrote it, so writing it again and again in multiple posts serves no purpose than to create a straw man diversion from the big issues with this franchise.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read