Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013   #241
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er
 
Uncle Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Near the Mountains
Section: Nose Bleeds
Posts: 1,317
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Lol guy wants insight when this thread turned into a dick measuring contest between "real" fans and Koob loyalists.

Funny then someone tries to lighten the mood and dude gets more irate! Lol who's obtuse? If anyone is insensitive and slow to understand it sure isn't those that have the teams best interest in mind and not some mob mentality to serve their own interests, get off your high horse and lighten up. Good grief.
__________________
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #242
disaacks3
Site Contributor
 
disaacks3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Section: 116 - Row M
Age: 45
Posts: 10,756
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Lol guy wants insight when this thread turned into a dick measuring contest between "real" fans and Koob loyalists.

Funny then someone tries to lighten the mood and dude gets more irate! Lol who's obtuse? If anyone is insensitive and slow to understand it sure isn't those that have the teams best interest in mind and not some mob mentality to serve their own interests, get off your high horse and lighten up. Good grief.
Lighten the mood or stoke the fire? I'm sticking with obtuse.
__________________
D.B. - That sounds like a nugget of reality wrapped in a layer of embellished hyperbole.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #243
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er
 
Uncle Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Near the Mountains
Section: Nose Bleeds
Posts: 1,317
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Riiiigght. Like the 'come hell or high water' sentiment will really create a positive change within the organization and fan base. SMH.
__________________
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #244
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
They're not upset that they're being booed. They're upset that fans are booing while they're on offense and it hinders their ability to conduct the offense well. It's not like they're doing so hot on offense to begin with so to make it more difficult is what they're taking exception to. Not that hard to understand.

Fans are free to boo and cheer as they wish, obviously, but booing while the team is on offense is a dumb thing to do.
So you want the fans to hold off booing until the offense leaves the field even though the reason they were booing was offensive related?

Maybe boo in between snaps?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #245
disaacks3
Site Contributor
 
disaacks3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Section: 116 - Row M
Age: 45
Posts: 10,756
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Riiiigght. Like the 'come hell or high water' sentiment will really create a positive change within the organization and fan base. SMH.
Kubiak went "all in" when he pulled a non-injured Keenum. It didn't pay off and all the whining and wailing by the players over a dumb decision getting booed is directly related.

Ultimately, the fan 'sentiment' is EXACTLY what gets Kubiak canned.

That's a positive change I can believe in.

__________________
D.B. - That sounds like a nugget of reality wrapped in a layer of embellished hyperbole.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #246
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU
 
chicagotexan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere most interesting
Posts: 8,171
Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Ironic, though, that the same fans who assert that the only thing that matters as fans is that their team wins are the same ones engaging in (or defending) an action that made winning less likely. Booing the offense in the fourth quarter when the game is still undecided defeats the very thing that is supposedly so important to you.
There is nothing that makes winning less likely than putting Matt Schuab in at QB. That is an act that you are defending. You can say the outcome was still undecided, but the outcome when Schaub is in (this year more than any other) is bleak at best. Booing the offense did less to help lose the game than Schaub being unable to lead a TD drive when it mattered most. The last throw in the endzone was the triple coverage. Defend Schaub and Kubiaks decision to play him all you want. I've seen enough to know for sure that Schaub is not a good QB. Now I want to see if Keenum can get the job done so the team can prepare for next season.
__________________
Having a guy on your payroll that went to Harvard is a good thing UNLESS they are your starting QB. Give me a G.E.D. Charter School drop out that doesn't turn the ball over all the effing time.
chicagotexan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #247
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er
 
Uncle Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Near the Mountains
Section: Nose Bleeds
Posts: 1,317
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Kubiak went "all in" when he pulled a non-injured Keenum. It didn't pay off and all the whining and wailing by the players over a dumb decision getting booed is directly related.

Ultimately, the fan 'sentiment' is EXACTLY what gets Kubiak canned.

That's a positive change I can believe in.

Until the next coach and batch of players piss the bed. Revolving door. So many grumpy people, maybe McNair should pack up and head to LA, then some of you might be able to find peace again.
__________________
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #248
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 41
Posts: 5,860
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
There is nothing that makes winning less likely than putting Matt Schuab in at QB. That is an act that you are defending. You can say the outcome was still undecided, but the outcome when Schaub is in (this year more than any other) is bleak at best. Booing the offense did less to help lose the game than Schaub being unable to lead a TD drive when it mattered most. The last throw in the endzone was the triple coverage. Defend Schaub and Kubiaks decision to play him all you want. I've seen enough to know for sure that Schaub is not a good QB. Now I want to see if Keenum can get the job done so the team can prepare for next season.
But, schaub was in the game... That was out of the fans control... So, at that point, does the team have a better chance of winning if the crowd is quiet on offense and disruptive when Oakland is on offense? Of course! But fans cared more about expressing their anger at Matt schaub than the texans winning that game.

I am not making a judgment on that, other than to highlight the hypocrisy of those who act like winning is all that matters.

In 2005, I was booing in the stands and cared more about organizational change than about the texans winning. So, I get that... Just don't bookend that behavior with diatribes about winning being more important than character and about being entitled to root for a championship team. Nobody is "entitled" as a spectator for that outcome... And certainly not those people that actively work against the winning interest of the team as they did on Sunday.
__________________
obsessive, passionate coverage of our beloved Texans at : Texans Bull Blog
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #249
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 41
Posts: 5,860
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Until the next coach and batch of players piss the bed. Revolving door. So many grumpy people, maybe McNair should pack up and head to LA, then some of you might be able to find peace again.
I know! They act as if Kubiak's failures are malicious and pointed attacks against them.

Then, I'm called a Kubiak apologist for reminding them that he is human and is not involved in a conspiracy to ruin their Sundays.
__________________
obsessive, passionate coverage of our beloved Texans at : Texans Bull Blog
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #250
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Ironic, though, that the same fans who assert that the only thing that matters as fans is that their team wins are the same ones engaging in (or defending) an action that made winning less likely. Booing the offense in the fourth quarter when the game is still undecided defeats the very thing that is supposedly so important to you.
That's weak dale.

You're not living in reality. Fans want a successful team. We want to see competent people in charge making good decisions. That's what you're paying for.

Everyone knows this season is toast. So the future is now what this is all about. Schaub has no future here. I want the team to win, but I don't want them to jeorpardizevthe future in order to do it given the current state of this team.

And put yourself in the stadium at that moment. No one knows kubiak's bull **** reason for going to Schaub yet. He hasn't spoken to the media. Kubiak made comments about how Schaub was pushing to start again. There are probably quite a few people there just to see what keenum is doing. And then you pull him and trot Schaub out. It looks like kubiak is pulling keenum and inserting Schaub as the guy again. That is where the boos came from. The season just became even more pointless.

Let's be real here. Most fans probably would rather lose with keenum than win with Schaub at this point. Really the only people still defending the organization are people like yourself that swore up and down that these guys were the answer.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #251
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 41
Posts: 5,860
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's weak dale.

You're not living in reality. Fans want a successful team. We want to see competent people in charge making good decisions. That's what you're paying for.

Everyone knows this season is toast. So the future is now what this is all about. Schaub has no future here. I want the team to win, but I don't want them to jeorpardizevthe future in order to do it given the current state of this team.

And put yourself in the stadium at that moment. No one knows kubiak's bull **** reason for going to Schaub yet. He hasn't spoken to the media. Kubiak made comments about how Schaub was pushing to start again. There are probably quite a few people there just to see what keenum is doing. And then you pull him and trot Schaub out. It looks like kubiak is pulling keenum and inserting Schaub as the guy again. That is where the boos came from. The season just became even more pointless.

Let's be real here. Most fans probably would rather lose with keenum than win with Schaub at this point. Really the only people still defending the organization are people like yourself that swore up and down that these guys were the answer.
I get it. However, I am a fan too. I also want to see keenum play. I know the season is toast, but I understood the move as an effort to try and win that game... Not some silly conspiracy.

I haven't sworn up and down that these guys were the answer in years. I have asserted that I like them and disagreed with the idea that they couldn't win, which is not the same. I have been honest about Kubiak's limitations and the coaching issues that get exposed against the better coaches.
__________________
obsessive, passionate coverage of our beloved Texans at : Texans Bull Blog
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #252
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU
 
chicagotexan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere most interesting
Posts: 8,171
Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
But, schaub was in the game... That was out of the fans control... So, at that point, does the team have a better chance of winning if the crowd is quiet on offense and disruptive when Oakland is on offense? Of course! But fans cared more about expressing their anger at Matt schaub than the texans winning that game.

I am not making a judgment on that, other than to highlight the hypocrisy of those who act like winning is all that matters.

In 2005, I was booing in the stands and cared more about organizational change than about the texans winning. So, I get that... Just don't bookend that behavior with diatribes about winning being more important than character and about being entitled to root for a championship team. Nobody is "entitled" as a spectator for that outcome... And certainly not those people that actively work against the winning interest of the team as they did on Sunday.
The Texans gets booed and get harsher treatment when they are on the road. That doesn't help them either, but sometime they manage to overcome that and sometimes score TD's. Why shouldn't they be able to overcome a booing crowd? Schaub didn't lead them to any TD's. And when it came time to win the game Schaub threw into triple coverage. Schaub is not a good QB and he should not have been put in the game especially since his recent play was far worse compared to Keenums bad play.
__________________
Having a guy on your payroll that went to Harvard is a good thing UNLESS they are your starting QB. Give me a G.E.D. Charter School drop out that doesn't turn the ball over all the effing time.
chicagotexan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #253
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Until the next coach and batch of players piss the bed. Revolving door. So many grumpy people, maybe McNair should pack up and head to LA, then some of you might be able to find peace again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I know! They act as if Kubiak's failures are malicious and pointed attacks against them.

Then, I'm called a Kubiak apologist for reminding them that he is human and is not involved in a conspiracy to ruin their Sundays.
People come here to vent and discuss the team. But for some reason there is a segment of people that are hell bent on putting the fans in their place for daring to be disgruntled with a poor product.

You are a kubiak and Schaub apologist. You've already admitted that so I'm not even sure why you'd bring that up.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #254
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er
 
Uncle Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Near the Mountains
Section: Nose Bleeds
Posts: 1,317
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
People come here to vent and discuss the team. But for some reason there is a segment of people that are hell bent on putting the fans in their place for daring to be disgruntled with a poor product.

You are a kubiak and Schaub apologist. You've already admitted that so I'm not even sure why you'd bring that up.
Ok we can nitpick and name call til the cows come home what does it solve? This thread was about fan behavior proper or not and it nosedived into selfish 'what about me' paragraphs and rhetoric.

Your argument that you pay to have a competent team is bogus too. You pay for the entertainment aspect, if you feel you aren't getting your moneys worth then stop attending and watching simple as that. Ganging up on Tate or OD for having normal human emotions is ridiculous. Whatever happened to the home field advantage?
__________________
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #255
Trail.Blazr
All Pro
 
Trail.Blazr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 668
Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

This thread is wishy-washy.

Players don't like getting boo'd. who would?

fans get tired of cheering for ineptness. who wouldn't?

It's a perfect storm. Both sides can find common ground in that Losing SUCKS!

For players to try and find the good or bad in the fans behavior is a misplaced focus on resolving their own situation. At 2-9, I'll speculate that nobody on the team thinks the booing is the biggest problem on the team. But it does burn. I feel sorry for them, actually. But that's why they get paid the big bucks. Entertainers are ALWAYS a target of critics. Comes with the job. Don't like it, let your feet do the talking.... or WIN!
__________________
Go Texans!
Trail.Blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #256
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU
 
chicagotexan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere most interesting
Posts: 8,171
Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Ok we can nitpick and name call til the cows come home what does it solve? This thread was about fan behavior proper or not and it nosedived into selfish 'what about me' paragraphs and rhetoric.

Your argument that you pay to have a competent team is bogus too. You pay for the entertainment aspect, if you feel you aren't getting your moneys worth then stop attending and watching simple as that. Ganging up on Tate or OD for having normal human emotions is ridiculous. Whatever happened to the home field advantage?
Players can be critical just as the fans can be critical. From there we discuss the merit. If you don't like it I guess you should join or form a message board called TexansLove.com like you suggested Bob McNiar take the team to LA.
__________________
Having a guy on your payroll that went to Harvard is a good thing UNLESS they are your starting QB. Give me a G.E.D. Charter School drop out that doesn't turn the ball over all the effing time.
chicagotexan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #257
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 31,480
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
In 2005, I was booing in the stands and cared more about organizational change than about the texans winning.
Dale, your credibility is poop when you say the above but try to claim the below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Booing the offense in the fourth quarter when the game is still undecided defeats the very thing that is supposedly so important to you.
You have mastered the art of talking out of both ends at the same time.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #258
disaacks3
Site Contributor
 
disaacks3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Spring, TX
Section: 116 - Row M
Age: 45
Posts: 10,756
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Until the next coach and batch of players piss the bed. Revolving door. So many grumpy people, maybe McNair should pack up and head to LA, then some of you might be able to find peace again.
The "grumpy people" are his millionaire players who've lost 8 in a row.

Fans took unbrage with these whiny players who got butt-hurt when we booed a poor coaching decision and acted as if the fans had anything to do with their dismal performance.
__________________
D.B. - That sounds like a nugget of reality wrapped in a layer of embellished hyperbole.
disaacks3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #259
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er
 
Uncle Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Near the Mountains
Section: Nose Bleeds
Posts: 1,317
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Players can be critical just as the fans can be critical. From there we discuss the merit. If you don't like it I guess you should join or form a message board called TexansLove.com like you suggested Bob McNiar take the team to LA.
Better yet ill just buy the parking lot outside of the stadium and charge to have people come and BBQ and get ****ed up since that's all they really want to do I'd make millions. Criminy the team had ti install a damn loud as hell fog horn to let the fans know 'ok guys its gametime, let's come inside and cheer the home team on'

People got mad when they got called out because the truth hurt, no big deal human emotions work like that, same way when you stick a mic in a guys face after a loss and expect him to recite Nietzsche.
__________________
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #260
Trail.Blazr
All Pro
 
Trail.Blazr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 668
Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The "grumpy people" are his millionaire players who've lost 8 in a row.

Fans took unbrage with these whiny players who got butt-hurt when we booed a poor coaching decision and acted as if the fans had anything to do with their dismal performance.
MSR... Pretty much a translation of my post. I'm sure those grumpy people are losing sleep over us fans... just sayin. I'd bet a player would get a HUGE LOL out of this thread.
__________________
Go Texans!
Trail.Blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger