Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013   #241
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: *Bob McNair meeting with minority owners, supposedly Kubiak to be fired*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
"Lard Monkey" over at the Chronic also repeated a couple of times today in his weekly chat session (which I will never understand the appeal of.... and yet there I was following it. Someone help me! Please?) that this meeting did not happen. He claims that he checked with three minority owners (who will go unnamed) and that all of them deny that any meeting was held.
Lard Monkey is such a douche isn't he? Like, ok, I'm a minority owner in the Houston Texans, and some ahole reporter asks me if I just had a meeting and said I wanted the head coach fired. I am 100% certain my response will not be "Yes, John McCrispyCreme, I did have a meeting with Bob McNair and tell him I want Kubiaverage fired."
Old 11-19-2013   #242
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: *Bob McNair meeting with minority owners, supposedly Kubiak to be fired*

Yeah, we had a thread on this yesterday, but it was merged into something unrelated and lost in the shuffle. I don't think Kubiak will be fired during the season, because we don't have a potential "HC in waiting." There are no special coordinators on this team that look like potential HC candidates, so we might as well let Kubiak drive the team bus off a cliff. I still say the only way we clean house completely is with more losses, so I'm hoping we continue to fail.
Old 11-19-2013   #243
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, we had a thread on this yesterday, but it was merged into something unrelated and lost in the shuffle. I don't think Kubiak will be fired during the season, because we don't have a potential "HC in waiting." There are no special coordinators on this team that look like potential HC candidates, so we might as well let Kubiak drive the team bus off a cliff. I still say the only way we clean house completely is with more losses, so I'm hoping we continue to fail.
I don't know about that, I think we're under-utilizing Marciano and I'd be very interested to see what kind of magic he could work as the HC.
Old 11-19-2013   #244
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Yeah. Old not news. To the bolded: Same place this will/should end up.
Why? Are we paying out the nose for bandwidth for one more thread? A lot of people didn't see it, myself included. You keep merging threads and info gets lost in the shuffle. Especially with updates on a different level than "I want kubiak gone!"
Old 11-19-2013   #245
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote that for the rest of the season a fan at random gets pulled out of the crowd gets handed the Denny's menu and told to call the plays.

Coach? Who needs a coach?
Old 11-19-2013   #246
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Why? Are we paying out the nose for bandwidth for one more thread? A lot of people didn't see it, myself included. You keep merging threads and info gets lost in the shuffle. Especially with updates on a different level than "I want kubiak gone!"
Except there have been no updates and won't be until Mcnair decides to fire Kubiak. At that point I would imagine a couple new threads would be started..
Old 11-19-2013   #247
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I vote that for the rest of the season a fan at random gets pulled out of the crowd gets handed the Denny's menu and told to call the plays.

Coach? Who needs a coach?
Pick me! Pick me!

I've played Madden!
Old 11-19-2013   #248
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Can this guy cite sources? Has he built any credibility through past reports?
Old 11-19-2013   #249
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Knowing our luck, McNair's going to wait until the end of the season to fire Kubiak. Kubiak is suddenly going to pull a miracle and win out almost the rest of his games this season. McNair gives Kubiak a second chance, extends him for another 10 years, and Kubiak proceeds to suck once again.
Old 11-19-2013   #250
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Can this guy cite sources? Has he built any credibility through past reports?
Been a reporter here for years. Legit
Old 11-19-2013   #251
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Knowing our luck, McNair's going to wait until the end of the season to fire Kubiak. Kubiak is suddenly going to pull a miracle and win out almost the rest of his games this season. McNair gives Kubiak a second chance, extends him for another 10 years, and Kubiak proceeds to suck once again.
McNair WILL wait until the end of the season to fire Kubiak, even if they go 2-14.

And that's a big IF at best. I don't know if some of you have been keeping up with current events, but he had a stroke on national television. In McNair's mind, he'd come off looking like a douch firing him this season. That stroke was a 1 year get-out-of-jail free card.

And in the past, what is the biggest reason, or excuse, that he comes up with, as a reason to hang on to Kubiak? INJURIES

Like my old high school geometry teacher would always tell me whenever I'd score a 40 or below on one of his pop quizzes ....

"Cheer up! Things are about to get whole lot worse!"
Old 11-19-2013   #252
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

bob plzzz fire Rick smith has well we need a clean reset

HOw can u not be sure about rick hes made to many errors
Old 11-19-2013   #253
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I don't know about that, I think we're under-utilizing Marciano and I'd be very interested to see what kind of magic he could work as the HC.

Dude! I'd pay good money to see that guy wearing Jack Pardee's old headset on the sidelines and holding a Denny's menu (but not a laminated fold out of plays.... an actual Denny's menu) and trying to call a game. I can see the 1,000 yard "Where did I park my car?" Dom Capers stare even now.
Old 11-19-2013   #254
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Dude! I'd pay good money to see that guy wearing Jack Pardee's old headset on the sidelines and holding a Denny's menu (but not a laminated fold out of plays.... an actual Denny's menu) and trying to call a game. I can see the 1,000 yard "Where did I park my car?" Dom Capers stare even now.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
Old 11-19-2013   #255
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am kinda thinking the " Texan Way (TM) " will go as this. There will not be any" firing" However Kubiak will be allowed to step down due to medical reasons.

Wade will be allowed to step down so he can spend time with his family.

Old 11-19-2013   #256
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This was just forwarded to me, not sure of the source but hopefully we'll hear something concrete soon.

https://twitter.com/johngranato/stat...0612699545600#
Not sure how I feel about this. I want Kubiak gone but whats the point in releasing him mid-season? Im assuming Wade will take over and honestly, I would rather have Kubiak in there to finish off the season instead of Wade. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. As long as hes gone.
Old 11-19-2013   #257
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This.
Old 11-19-2013   #258
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
And that's a big IF at best. I don't know if some of you have been keeping up with current events, but he had a stroke on national television. In McNair's mind, he'd come off looking like a douch firing him this season. That stroke was a 1 year get-out-of-jail free card.
It would be a get out jail free card if Kubiak would have done the wise thing and taken off the rest of the season. Instead, he jumped right back into the pressure cooker.

Andy Reid's son died at Philly's training camp last year and that didn't help him any.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 11-19-2013   #259
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Not sure how I feel about this. I want Kubiak gone but whats the point in releasing him mid-season? Im assuming Wade will take over and honestly, I would rather have Kubiak in there to finish off the season instead of Wade. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. As long as hes gone.
Fire both.
Old 11-19-2013   #260
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Lmao, you aren't even allowed to talk about other coaches in the bullpen section at the "official" boards. I just got a 50 pt infraction from "dbruder44".
A romper room setting, caters to the pre-teen crowd, discourages instead of encourages discussion.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read