Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2013   #121
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I'm not seeing anyone with negative posts about Keenum.
There are about a half dozen posters who are consistently negative about Keenum and very vocal about it.

Quote:
The closest thing I have seen are people wanting to draft another QB for competition with him.
I'm a UH guy and a Keenum fan and I want this. I just don't believe any of the guys currently projected to go in the first round are anything close to a sure bet even compared to past years drafts. I view them as a bit of a project, so I don't want to spend a first round pick on a project. And the OL being as bad as it is ... yikes.

Keenum does some things really well. He doesn't do other things. He's developing. We'll see how fast he develops and to what point. The people that have already made up their minds are silly, to be nice about it.
Old 11-19-2013   #122
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Since Keenum is going into his 5th game, we'll do 5 games. Guess the QB first and then guess which posters would have declared him not NFL caliber --

1st game: 13/23, 168 yds, 0TD, 0INT, 1 sack for 9 yds, QB rtg 79.6, 0 fumbles

2nd game: 12/24, 86 yds, 0TD, 0INT, 4 sacks for 17 yds, QB rtg 58.7, 2 fumbles lost

3rd game: 33/54, 364 yds, 2TD, 0INT, 3 sacks for 19 yds, QB rtg 93.4, 2 fumbles, 0 lost

4th game: 16/20, 202 yds, 3TD, 0INT, 0 sacks, QB rtg 148.3, 0 fumbles

5th game: 25/38, 203 yds, 2TD, 4INT, 2 sacks for 20 yds, QB rtg 57.1, 1 fumble, 0 lost

For anyone who misses the obvious point, 5 games in is still evaluation time. It takes the best QBs a while to figure it out.
Of course, someone could also post the stats of promising QB careers of someone like:

Scott Mitchell
Robb Johnson,
Matt Flynn,
Derek Anderson,
Shane Matthews, etc...

Evaluating a QB is very complex. The great thing about the Texans' situation with Keenum, is that he is dirt cheap for this year and the next two years after that, which means we can easily afford to bring in more QB talent to compete with him or simply to hedge our bets... It is the one bright spot from this disaster of a season... well, that and high draft picks.
Old 11-19-2013   #123
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
OK, I'll play. Who? Manning?
Nope. Manning didn't do anywhere near as well as what I posted. Manning's best rating in his first 6 games was 66.8. He only threw 1 INT that game, so it really helped out his rating.
Old 11-19-2013   #124
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Of course, someone could also post the stats of promising QB careers of someone like:

Scott Mitchell
Robb Johnson,
Matt Flynn,
Derek Anderson,
Shane Matthews, etc...

Evaluating a QB is very complex. The great thing about the Texans' situation with Keenum, is that he is dirt cheap for this year and the next two years after that, which means we can easily afford to bring in more QB talent to compete with him or simply to hedge our bets... It is the one bright spot from this disaster of a season... well, that and high draft picks.
So you agree with my point then. Making up your mind after 4 games is ridiculous.
Old 11-19-2013   #125
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Funny, but I saw better pocket protection and shorter routes with Schaub as well. For God sakes, don't tell me the kid isn't capable of running a faster-paced offense than you've ever put on a field. Talk to Sumlin about what pace he can operate at. For extended periods. Outside of a two-minute drill.
I respect Case's college career, but let's be real about it. You simply cannot compare defenses in Conference USA to what he's seeing in the NFL.

Case has a lot of raw talent. No telling where the ceiling is on his potential. In that regard, fans are excited about him.

That being said, he has a LOT to learn to be a consistent NFL QB. He's not like Andrew Luck who entered the NFL much better prepared. Luck played for a coach that was a former pro QB in a pro style system against much better defenses. So he hit he ground running.

Case, on the other hand, played in a spread offense in a very weak conference. I'm not even sure if the next 6 games is truly enough to evaluate under the circumstances, but it is a start that I believe he (and this franchise) deserves. Especially considering the high draft pick and QB-friendly draft in 2014.
Old 11-19-2013   #126
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not seeing anyone with negative posts about Keenum. The closest thing I have seen are people wanting to draft another QB for competition with him. My impression is that everyone on the board is very encouraged and excited about his play. I certainly am!
i'm not excited....just cautiously optimistic. The last thing i want this franchise to do is just give the most important job on the team away instead of letting a guy earn it with legit comp...

My question to you guys is how much time do ya'll need for eval time? Most nfl guys say about 16 games..i only agree with that when talking about qb's who run alot.

But say it is 16 games. that means Keenum will need about 6 more games going into next year. That's a large chunk of the season...Would you be comfortable passing on a potential franchise guy this year & going into next season still evaluating your qb? As we saw this year, 6 games can make or break your season.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #127
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
i'm not excited....just cautiously optimistic. The last thing i want this franchise to do is just give the most important job on the team away instead of letting a guy earn it with legit comp...

My question to you guys is how much time do ya'll need for eval time? Most nfl guys say about 16 games..i only agree with that when talking about qb's who run alot.

But say it is 16 games. that means Keenum will need about 6 more games going into next year. That's a large chunk of the season...Would you be comfortable passing on a potential franchise guy this year & going into next season still evaluating your qb?
I'd say that if Keenum plays six more games, and shows improvement in those six games then we go to the offseason and the Texans either do or don't draft a QB.

So mini-camps happen and Case and "Somebody" are splitting reps. Case enters camp the incumbent starter and the competition is on. At that point you've given Case Keenum a two year head start, two preseasons, and about 10 games of live NFL football.

If a rookie QB can come in and push him out of the way on merit alone and not because he's a 1st round draft pick then so be it. If they just hand the spot to a young guy who doesn't earn it, well this the Texans after all. It could happen.

But if Case gets all that preparation and still can't hold off a first-round rookie then he's probably not the guy anyway. If he does and they give the position to someone else anyway then he should seek a trade. there are too many QB poor teams in this league for him to be sitting on the bench behind a guy with a good draft pedigree who he otherwise just beat out of the job.
Old 11-19-2013   #128
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Just think if we had won. In Kubiak's mind it would justify rolling Schaub back out there this week.

Personally, I don't care who plays QB the rest of the season. The season's over and imo our future QB is not currently on our roster.

Our defense is in shambles. They're number 1 in yardage, so that should give Wade something to add to his legacy. Our offense blows if we aren't throwing bombs on busted plays.
Old 11-19-2013   #129
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
There are about a half dozen posters who are consistently negative about Keenum and very vocal about it.

I'm a UH guy and a Keenum fan and I want this. I just don't believe any of the guys currently projected to go in the first round are anything close to a sure bet even compared to past years drafts. I view them as a bit of a project, so I don't want to spend a first round pick on a project. And the OL being as bad as it is ... yikes.

Keenum does some things really well. He doesn't do other things. He's developing. We'll see how fast he develops and to what point. The people that have already made up their minds are silly, to be nice about it.
I'm not sure about 1st round grades on QBs in this year's draft... I just agree with the larger point that it is unwise and unnecessary to depend entirely on him and his development... In addition to potential draft picks in '14 or '15, there are also guys available via trade/free agency that, depending on the coaching staff and the system, may be of interest:

Guys like: Freeman, Cassel, Henne, Cutler, Mallett, Ponder, etc...

Now, I'm not endorsing these guys, specifically... However, I assume Schaub is gone after this year and Yates won't be far behind him. Therefore, someone will be coming in... Because of recent successful examples and the new salary cap structure in the draft, bringing in QB competition is much more likely.

SF did it with Alex Smith and Kaepernick.

Seattle did it with Russell Wilson and Matt Flynn.

Washington spent significant resources for RGIII and Cousins (not a true competition but a move that paid dividends)

Philadelphia did it with Vick and Nick Foles

Buffalo did it with Manuel and Kolb

Jets with Sanchez and Geno Smith

Tennessee added Fitzpatrick to Locker

*** the cap burden is much less and the importance of QB continues to grow. Teams recognize these truths and are more aggressive about stockpiling and developing talent at QB and less concerned with illustrating through their roster moves how much confidence they have in one guy.
Old 11-19-2013   #130
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not seeing anyone with negative posts about Keenum.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #131
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80234 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

we get it dale, youre a gary apologist and dont give a damn about our future beyond gary.....just stop typing already
Old 11-19-2013   #132
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'd say that if Keenum plays six more games, and shows improvement in those six games then we go to the offseason and the Texans either do or don't draft a QB.

So mini-camps happen and Case and "Somebody" are splitting reps. Case enters camp the incumbent starter and the competition is on. At that point you've given Case Keenum a two year head start, two preseasons, and about 10 games of live NFL football.

If a rookie QB can come in and push him out of the way on merit alone and not because he's a 1st round draft pick then so be it. If they just hand the spot to a young guy who doesn't earn it, well this the Texans after all. It could happen.

But if Case gets all that preparation and still can't hold off a first-round rookie then he's probably not the guy anyway. If he does and they give the position to someone else anyway then he should seek a trade. there are too many QB poor teams in this league for him to be sitting on the bench behind a guy with a good draft pedigree who he otherwise just beat out of the job.
I only bring up the scenario b/c Case didn't clearly separate himself from TJ this preseason. And if anything like that were to happen this offseason with a draft pick or veteran that we brought in, we'd basically be back to where we are now the minute Case doesn't play well for a stretch of games. In addition to this, you have to figure whomever the new coach is will be itching to get his draft pick in.

This is the position i foresaw Case being put in...He has to knock it out the park..he can't just slap singles and doubles.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #133
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Clearly, though, from an objective view, the offense improved after Schaub replaced Keenum... many fans miss that because they felt a sense of doom when he entered the game and they still lost... and lost in a predictable way. It's the baggage of years of disappointment. What if Kubiak had re-benched Schaub during the last redzone trip?.. that would've have been truly ballsy and also likely won the game, because Keenum can play in the red zone with his athleticism- ability to bootleg, quicker release and better arm.
I didn't miss anything other than the play-calling and protection CHANGING. Case didn't have the same options Schaub had, it's as simple as that. It wasn't that he kept missing hot routes again-and-again, the play called didn't have the same routes as Schaub had.
Old 11-19-2013   #134
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I respect Case's college career, but let's be real about it. You simply cannot compare defenses in Conference USA to what he's seeing in the NFL.

Case has a lot of raw talent. No telling where the ceiling is on his potential. In that regard, fans are excited about him.
Kubiak's comment was on operating tempo. Kubiak has never ran an offense with anything approaching that tempo. Sure, I'm aware of the far lesser competition Case faced, but that has nothing to do with the tempo at which it operates. JFF is operating the same offense at the same tempo in the best conference in football. Kubiak either is doing his best to obfuscate what he really means, or he's failed to prepare his QB adequately.

Given that we've generally looked fantastic in the first half and lousy in the 2nd, I'm not blaming it on the QB, no matter what the number is on the jersey.
Old 11-19-2013   #135
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80234 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't miss anything other than the play-calling and protection CHANGING. Case didn't have the same options Schaub had, it's as simple as that. It wasn't that he kept missing hot routes again-and-again, the play called didn't have the same routes as Schaub had.
yup, i dont get why so many dont see this
Old 11-19-2013   #136
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
yup, i dont get why so many dont see this
Folks think I'm making it up. Hell, I wondered if I was "projecting" my feelings onto it. The tape didn't lie, the short crossing routes weren't there for Case in the 2nd half. They made a miraculous reappearance when #8 stepped onto the field.
Old 11-19-2013   #137
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

But say it is 16 games. that means Keenum will need about 6 more games going into next year. That's a large chunk of the season...Would you be comfortable passing on a potential franchise guy this year & going into next season still evaluating your qb? As we saw this year, 6 games can make or break your season.
Honestly, the only time evaluation I'm giving Keenum is the rest of the year, which is six more games. This season is lost already so you might as well see what you have in Keenum, and that's why I'm so pissed at Kubiak right now. Everyone in their right mind knows Schaub is finished in Houston. Playing Schaub in a lost season is pointless to me. The only thing it accomplished to me was taking away from Keenum's evaluation time.

Six more games is all I'm willing to give Keenum to know if I think the Texans should draft a QB in April. If he's legit than I would want the Texans to draft an OT because I think that's Texans biggest weakness and too important to pass up. But if Keenum's not the future than I would want the future QB in the first round...

Even as I'm typing this, I'm getting more pissed off at Kubiak and his stupid decision to bench Keenum. Finding out if he's the future QB is too ******* important to this team to me to even think about benching him. I definitely want Kubiak gone after that decision Sunday.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #138
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Folks think I'm making it up. Hell, I wondered if I was "projecting" my feelings onto it. The tape didn't lie, the short crossing routes weren't there for Case in the 2nd half. They made a miraculous reappearance when #8 stepped onto the field.
I wouldn't call it anything except Kubiak going into turtle mode until he lost the lead . My deep dark theory is Schaub is like a 4th son and Kubiak is trying to let him save face at the team and fans expense . My deeper darker theory is Kubiak sees himself a QB guru genuis type guy and he can't admit Matt's not won a SB under his guidance .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #139
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Just think if we had won. In Kubiak's mind it would justify rolling Schaub back out there this week.

Personally, I don't care who plays QB the rest of the season. The season's over and imo our future QB is not currently on our roster.

Our defense is in shambles. They're number 1 in yardage, so that should give Wade something to add to his legacy. Our offense blows if we aren't throwing bombs on busted plays.
That is the assumption that freaked everyone out. First, you don't know that. Second, I don't think that is the case (no pun intended). As a fan, I agree with you that the season is now about looking to the future. However, I want my coach trying to win games, especially when we are still mathematically in a playoff race, which we certainly were on Sunday (that second wildcard team will probably only win 9, maybe even 8 games)

To me, Kubiak's worst gameday decision, was running Ben Tate on that 3rd and 1. Either DJ should have been in, we should've run an end around or something else exotic, or we should've handed the ball to an up back (Jones)... Tate's play has deteriorated after halftime each of the past two weeks, after he has cooled down during halftime, taken shots in the first half, etc... I understand wanting a RB that knows the plays and protections in the game, but you can't subject a guy with broken ribs to a short yardage situation with all the Bigs in the game, plus and extra LB. Just a stupid decision!
Old 11-19-2013   #140
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is the assumption that freaked everyone out. First, you don't know that. Second, I don't think that is the case (no pun intended). As a fan, I agree with you that the season is now about looking to the future. However, I want my coach trying to win games, especially when we are still mathematically in a playoff race, which we certainly were on Sunday (that second wildcard team will probably only win 9, maybe even 8 games)

To me, Kubiak's worst gameday decision, was running Ben Tate on that 3rd and 1. Either DJ should have been in, we should've run an end around or something else exotic, or we should've handed the ball to an up back (Jones)... Tate's play has deteriorated after halftime each of the past two weeks, after he has cooled down during halftime, taken shots in the first half, etc... I understand wanting a RB that knows the plays and protections in the game, but you can't subject a guy with broken ribs to a short yardage situation with all the Bigs in the game, plus and extra LB. Just a stupid decision!
Brandon Brooks saved their ass on the 1st 4th down by false starting . The game would have ended with a dump off short of the goal .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read