Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2013   #201
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Welp. Round 3. Texans vs. Fans.

Quote:
Owen Daniels said he wants "smart fans"
at the game. #Texans
Well, OD's boss - Mr. Bob McNair - wants paying customers at the game.

So, I guess Mr. McNair wins!
Old 11-19-2013   #202
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
I'd say stupid fans are the ones that blindly (not loyally) cheer and accept whatever garbage is put on the field. Stupid fans are those that cheer and don't show any form of discontent when the incompetant HC replaces a player that shows some promise with one that has shown everyone that he is unable to lead a team to victory, one that wilts in the face of pressure, one that gives the team absolutely no chance to get a positive play when the play breaks down. It's not Schaubs fault that he played on Sunday. It's kubiaks fault for being a lousy HC that is determined to trot his boy out there. The fans on Sunday let Kubiak know that and Matt Schaub proved the bolded.
If Tate picks up one yard, that move looks great. No harm done regarding keenums development and it almost kept this disaster of a team in the hunt for the wild card. So much to complain about this year... Why that? I think fans are upset with the move for two reasons, neither which are valid critiques:

1- fans believed it was a permanent move.
2- fans hate schaub and took the move as a personal insult.

The truth is that Kubiak recognizes schaub is not the answer. He
Likes keenum and sees what we see with the energy and big play ability. He was just trying to win the game and thought schaub's experience and ability to help the offensive line with blitz pickup gave the team a better shot. Agree or not, that is all that happened.
Old 11-19-2013   #203
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
If Tate picks up one yard, that move looks great. No harm done regarding keenums development and it almost kept this disaster of a team in the hunt for the wild card. So much to complain about this year... Why that? I think fans are upset with the move for two reasons, neither which are valid critiques:

Likes keenum and sees what we see with the energy and big play ability. He was just trying to win the game and thought schaub's experience and ability to help the offensive line with blitz pickup gave the team a better shot. Agree or not, that is all that happened.
There is no other way to simulate these situations other than let keenum play it out. Sink or swim it doesn't matter since the season is dead in regards to making the playoffs. You gain nothing from putting Schaub in there when he's proven that he is no longer a good quarterback. Scaub is good at moving tge ball he is not good at getting touchdowns. I take that back. He is not good at avoiding critical mistakes that lead to defensive scoring touchdowns.
Old 11-19-2013   #204
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
There is no other way to simulate these situations other than let keenum play it out. Sink or swim it doesn't matter since the season is dead in regards to making the playoffs. You gain nothing from putting Schaub in there when he's proven that he is no longer a good quarterback. Scaub is good at moving tge ball he is not good at getting touchdowns. I take that back. He is not good at avoiding critical mistakes that lead to defensive scoring touchdowns.
Almost gained a win, which is what I want the coach to be focused on. As I posted elsewhere, the gutsiest and best decision to win that game was exactly what Kubiak did- but, when the team reached the redzone- to reinsert Keenum. Who knows what kind of havoc that would've caused, but Schaub between the 20s in that 4th quarter and Keenum in the redzone would've won that game Sunday.
Old 11-19-2013   #205
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

8 years of rationalizing Kubiak's ineptitude isn't enough? How do you continually defend his problems year after year with a straight face after this long? Are you guys related by blood or something?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #206
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Owen Daniels @ owendaniels
Listen yall, we're all suppose to be in this
together. The ONLY thing I was referring
to as far as being a smart crowd is this
situation...
Apology central is on Kirby Drive.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #207
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Daniels is 100% right.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #208
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Hey O.D. - We'd like smart coaching. Can you make that happen on your end?
The players seem have this strange idea that their checks come from money that McNair grows on a farm somewhere.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #209
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh, it's not like Tate or OD will be on this team next year, so whatever.
Old 11-19-2013   #210
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't believe this has gone on this long all over boo'ing. Kind of silly. I'll just post the same thing I did on Tate's facebook when he spoke about it with the most recent quote:

Quote:
These comments are a stretch. Fans who boo'd aren't real fans? An article came out that said Houston fans except being mediocore. Now they expect more they aren't real fans? Which is it? The organization sells out every game. It is a top five profitable organization in the league. That means fans pour money, energy and time. They have a team with loads of talent (Tate included) and watch it lose to inferior teams. It has been on the downslide since the fourth quarter of last season and regressed more. That isn't 'turned things around' But fans should be happy? What mythical fanbase is happy after so much losing/regression? Did I boo? No, I was at home watching and wouldn't have if there. But I can quite understand the frustration fans feel. I'm numb to it after years of being a Texan/Oiler fan.
And someone said they want perspective...well that is perspective. Because our owner spends money shouldn't just make fans accept a medicore product or worse. It isn't displaying a positive result which is the problem. If the regression that has taken place since the bottom quarter last year isn't visible then someone is the type of person that believes in unicorns farting rainbows.

There is a problem and an issue and fans are simply frustrated and rightfully so. They have very few ways to express this frustration so let's stop being shocked and awed when they do so with just some freaking boo'ing. And let's stop acting like this has to do with Houston. Every single sport city has the same thing. Bengals just got boo'd and they are actually leading their divsion. Eagles as well. Falcons have been boo'd this year and so on. Chiefs fans were last year and cheered Cassel's injury. So stop with the 'Oh Houston fans are the worse!'

Can't handle it then try golf or tennis. No boo'ing there.

Last edited by deucetx; 11-19-2013 at 03:17 PM.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #211
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
8 years of rationalizing Kubiak's ineptitude isn't enough? How do you continually defend his problems year after year with a straight face after this long? Are you guys related by blood or something?

Nothing to rationalize in '06 or '07... He did a lot with very little and moved the organization away from a dark place.

Also, I actually had the pink soap after the Chris Brown interception in 2008?... And, in 2010, I was not opposed to Kubiak being fired.

I have not attempted to defend him regarding the dramatic under-performance of this year's team, nor did I defend his coaching late last season, when it was clear that his lack of imagination and ability to adjust (as well as Wade's), essentially made the playoff loss in New England, a foregone conclusion.

However, yes, I will defend him from accusations of consipiracy... that he is messing with Keenum and the football team's chances, in order to reinstate his "friend", Matt Schaub, as the starting QB... That is a bizarre, indefensible claim that so many of you seem eager to believe.

I am reacting to the demonizing of someone that I respect. I have posted plenty of problems that I see regarding the team and his coaching of it. I have agreed with a number of posters that have made criticisms of him. However, all of the hyperbole about he's the "dumbest coach in NFL history", does tend to bring me out of the woodwork in his defense- because that is ridiculous.
Old 11-19-2013   #212
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Welp. Round 3. Texans vs. Fans.
Was just about to post this.

Link

Quote:
"We want smart fans in the building," Daniels said. "We want people who are going to be quiet when weíre on offense and loud when weíre on defense. Iíve been in a lot of other buildings in this league and seen a lot of other smart groups of fans where you can hear a pin drop on offense, when their teamís offense is out there, no matter what the situation is. We had to go to a silent cadence at home when Matt went in the game because the fans were cheering and/or booing. To show their support and show their displeasure. They couldnít really swallow their pride at a time when we were out there trying to work.

"They paid the money to show their emotions and their opinions on whatís going on during the game, but it wasnít about them at that point. Weíre still out there trying to win a football game which we very well were capable of doing. We just want them to be on the teamís side. I think they were showing their opinion about one player on the field when itís always about more than one player. Itís always about the team."

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #213
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with OD we have some dumb fans

but one of the main problems is everytime we get a FIrst down what happens over the broadcast

"AND THATS GOOD FOR A HOUSTON TEXANNNSSS" ........... "FIRST DOWN"

and everyone cheers and DOes that dumb POint thing

and that makes noise Positive or negative

so yeah until they stop doing that things wont change cuz soe of our fans are so gullible LOL thinking that afirst down really means anything esp with this team

I haven't been to many Other Stadiums but I have been to Tenn and New Orleans and they do the same thing and it can gets no louder then us on offensive

I don't think we are really any different then the other big city teams NY Philly ATL San fran Dallas

He wants us to be like INDY LOL were that's not going to happen LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #214
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Eh, it's not like Tate or OD will be on this team next year, so whatever.
Having been in Houston for all my 50 years , I can recall some things . I have listened to Oiler games on the radio in the early 70's ... why ... because they couldn't sell out . Earl Campbell used to work the Skoal display inside the Astro Arena at the rodeo . I didn't hear about it I saw Earl and got me a Skoal Bandit sample . I worked at a grocery store in high school where the manager played the Oiler games over the loud speaker for the costumers and employees to hear , this was the Luv Ya Blue days .

These Luv Ya Blue days is what JJ Watt wants and he can get it because we love a winner . We're not like some fans who want to go just to get abuse , we want badly to have a badass team that plays tough physical football ( well as tough as the NFL lets you these days ) and wins . You get your best player hurt and lose your QB and still win a playoff game on the road , we're behind you 150% . That's what gets you a full stadium after you lose a AFC chamionship game . That JJ Watt is how you become a legend in Houston .
Old 11-19-2013   #215
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I agree with OD we have some dumb fans
I have to admit, I busted out laughing when I read this. I mean, the rules of capitalization and punctuation aren't that difficult.
Old 11-19-2013   #216
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I have to admit, I busted out laughing when I read this. I mean, the rules of capitalization and punctuation aren't that difficult.
dis is the internet IM lazy
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #217
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I'd buy that in some cases, but your posts actually require more effort to reach over and hit the Shift key a few extra times. Nah, I'm going with illiterate.
Old 11-19-2013   #218
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144347 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You spelled "stupid" wrong.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #219
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

So Ben Tate can't spell either and we're picking on Norg?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #220
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Almost gained a win, which is what I want the coach to be focused on. As I posted elsewhere, the gutsiest and best decision to win that game was exactly what Kubiak did- but, when the team reached the redzone- to reinsert Keenum. Who knows what kind of havoc that would've caused, but Schaub between the 20s in that 4th quarter and Keenum in the redzone would've won that game Sunday.
I thought the same thing about putting Keenum back in when the team was in the red zone.

The two QB concept died with Tom Landry. He gave it a good try in the '70's, iirc, but it never quite worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'd buy that in some cases, but your posts actually require more effort to reach over and hit the Shift key a few extra times. Nah, I'm going with illiterate.
I do not have anyone on ignore, but my brain does have a tendency to regularly ignore some posters.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read