Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2013   #181
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Is anyone listening to this? I just turned it on. So far, it sounds like they're kissing his @$$.

I guess that's to be expected from 610.
Im listening and typical John Lopez he wussed out of asking him to go into it. He said 'I give you dredit for owning what you said". Really Lopez? You didn't want to ask him if he understood the reason the fans are booing? If you think fans should cheer for a team that is 2-8 and getting whipped by a terrrible team that has more injuries and less talent AT HOME!! Vandemeer is Vandemeer, he's the company man and I don;t expect anything from him.
Old 11-19-2013   #182
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Im listening and typical John Lopez he wussed out of asking him to go into it. He said 'I give you dredit for owning what you said". Really Lopez? You didn't want to ask him if he understood the reason the fans are booing? If you think fans should cheer for a team that is 2-8 and getting whipped by a terrrible team that has more injuries and less talent AT HOME!! Vandemeer is Vandemeer, he's the company man and I don;t expect anything from him.
Yeah this is horrible. I'm just keeping it on to see if they take any calls and take a break from "company line radio."

Lopez was somewhat objective as a writer but he's a total homer on the radio. Guess it's in the job description.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #183
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah this is horrible. I'm just keeping it on to see if they take any calls and take a break from "company line radio."

Lopez was somewhat objective as a writer but he's a total homer on the radio. Guess it's in the job description.
I know it's 'player' show, but this is a prime example of how in bed 610 is with The Texans. I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans gave Lopez the order to not go into it. WEAK WEAK WEAK.
Old 11-19-2013   #184
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

So you guys want them to risk their jobs making a point?

Vandameer works for the texans, not 610. Currently Lopez is working for the texans as this is currently texans radio.

They could have completely ignored it, but if you guys think they were about to roast him on texans radio you're dreaming.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #185
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Vandameer works for the texans, not 610. Currently Lopez is working for the texans as this is currently texans radio.

They could have completely ignored it, but if you guys think they were about to roast him on texans radio you're dreaming.
Not roast him, but not roll over like little lap dogs either. But yes clearly I was wrong to expect any kind follow through questioning.
Old 11-19-2013   #186
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm not expecting them to roast him at all. I've been around long enough that I know how that really goes.

They could have addressed the matter in a more direct way considering the uproar it caused. They do that on the Kubiak show every week. Instead, it was a softball question followed by Lopez' fake laughing.

Doesn't matter. I turned it off anyway. Just another reminder of why I haven't listened to this station for the past 7 or 8 years.
Old 11-19-2013   #187
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not roast him, but not roll over like little lap dogs either. But yes clearly I was wrong to expect any kind follow through questioning.
He asked him about it, Tate answered. He said but you have to understand the fans position, Tate responded.

I don't think you could reasonably expect Lopez or especially Vandy to press it any further.

When Lopez goes back to the studio with nick I can almost guarantee they'll talk about it. But there is 0 chance they were about to keep pressing him on that at thst point. That wasn't the correct forum.
Old 11-19-2013   #188
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After listening, I'm convinced Ben really isn't all that bright.

When asked directly if he knew WHY, his answer doesn't seem to correlate with yanking the starting QB.
Old 11-19-2013   #189
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm not expecting them to roast him at all. I've been around long enough that I know how that really goes.

They could have addressed the matter in a more direct way considering the uproar it caused. They do that on the Kubiak show every week. Instead, it was a softball question followed by Lopez' fake laughing.

Doesn't matter. I turned it off anyway. Just another reminder of why I haven't listened to this station for the past 7 or 8 years.
You listen to the kubiak show every week but haven't listened to the station in the past 7-8 years?

There are big differences in the kubiak show. It's 1) not done in public in front of fans 2) is all about discussing the stuff that happened in the day if the game.

They play games on the players shows. It's supposed to be lighthearted. Meet and greet, come have a good time type if thing.

Kubiak is almost exclusively answering questions that are game day related.

I think asking Tate about it and then following it up with one inquiry is about all you could reasobably expect in that situation.
Old 11-19-2013   #190
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
You listen to the kubiak show every week but haven't listened to the station in the past 7-8 years?
No man. I never said I listen to that show every week. I used to, but now I turn it on every now and then when I'm in traffic and I hear just enough to know that they hold his feet to the fire. Same went for the Matt Schaub show but I don't even know if they do that one anymore.

I switch over every now and then but I haven't been a regular listener for 7 or 8 years.

Thanks anyway for putting the player's show into context. Now I know better than to turn it on again.
Old 11-19-2013   #191
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Welp. Round 3. Texans vs. Fans.

Quote:
Owen Daniels said he wants "smart fans"
at the game. #Texans
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #192
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm tired of this weak ***** mentality our little titty babies have. Welcome to the real NFL, where when you embarrass both yourselves and us and waste our time and money, people react accordingly. This year is nothing but a giant cluster**** of mediocrity and idiocy. Kept coaches in place 4 years too long, held on to sub par players and even extended them needlessly. We are a franchise so afraid of change that they clutch to the titanic as it sinks into the freezing water. On top of it all, the players are doing everything they can to deflect their failure onto fans. Own it. Stop mentioning fans booing and make them cheer. Tired of this patty cake mentality. Oh, you want smart fans? We want smart players. We want to see fewer than 7 combined false starts and offsides week in and week out. We want to see DB's capable of actual coverage. We want to see an offense that keeps a defense off guard by, GASP, mixing things up and maybe playing with pace a few times and not go on one every ****ing time. I'm done, this is already more time than I should have wasted on these losers. Don't worry guys, you're on the right track. Uncle Bob is proud and juice boxes are on him.
Old 11-19-2013   #193
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Welp. Round 3. Texans vs. Fans.
I agree with O.D. After 11 years, I gave up my season tickets last year largely because most of the fans are insufferably drunk or stupid... Or both.
Old 11-19-2013   #194
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I agree with O.D. After 11 years, I gave up my season tickets last year largely because most of the fans are insufferably drunk or stupid... Or both.
Those drunk and stupid fans are paying to make sure your ass has a team to cheer for on Sunday. If those people wouldn't put butts in the seats this franchise would be on a plane to Los Angeles.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #195
Rey
Hall of Fame

I understand that Tate said he's not one to boo, but he's just an idiot if he doesn't understand why fans boo.
Old 11-19-2013   #196
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No man. I never said I listen to that show every week. I used to, but now I turn it on every now and then when I'm in traffic and I hear just enough to know that they hold his feet to the fire. Same went for the Matt Schaub show but I don't even know if they do that one anymore.

I switch over every now and then but I haven't been a regular listener for 7 or 8 years.

Thanks anyway for putting the player's show into context. Now I know better than to turn it on again.
Yeah...if you want more direct stuff, the player shows are not going to give you that.

But I will say that Antonio's show is pretty good. He gives some pretty good insight into what's going on...but the morning player show is just fluff mostly.
Old 11-19-2013   #197
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Those drunk and stupid fans are paying to make sure your ass has a team to cheer for on Sunday. If those people wouldn't put butts in the seats this franchise would be on a plane to Los Angeles.
Okay.... I think 11 years of driving from Austin to houston on weekends for Texan games was doing my part so houston could have a team.

If that happened, I would root for another team or spend my entertainment time in the fall and winter doing something else.
Old 11-19-2013   #198
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay.... I think 11 years of driving from Austin to houston on weekends for Texan games was doing my part so houston could have a team.

If that happened, I would root for another team or spend my entertainment time in the fall and winter doing something else.
Good for you.

It still doesn't invalidate his point.

BTW, Just wondering about our AFC championship/SB bet?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #199
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:
I'd say stupid fans are the ones that blindly (not loyally) cheer and accept whatever garbage is put on the field. Stupid fans are those that cheer and don't show any form of discontent when the incompetant HC replaces a player that shows some promise with one that has shown everyone that he is unable to lead a team to victory, one that wilts in the face of pressure, one that gives the team absolutely no chance to get a positive play when the play breaks down. It's not Schaubs fault that he played on Sunday. It's kubiaks fault for being a lousy HC that is determined to trot his boy out there. The fans on Sunday let Kubiak know that and Matt Schaub proved the bolded.
Old 11-19-2013   #200
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Owen Daniels said he wants "smart fans" at the game. #Texans
Hey O.D. - We'd like smart coaching. Can you make that happen on your end?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read