Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2013   #11
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 5477 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Well, Gary has to know himself that he likely isn't in this teams future plans if he doesn't get this crap turned around asap....so tell me again why he would be so incumbent upon giving case every chance to succeed again? Dude is trying to win games & like it or not, he did that for 2 years with Schaub.

It's also funny that i hear all this "give case a legitimate chance" bark from everyone but you don't hear that same bark for TJ Yates though. I mean here's a guy who himself only started 8 games for this team, won a few of them including a playoff game, came into the season as the #2 & yet he was passed over for the starting job when Schaub went down in favor of the #3 guy. It's highly likely that Case doesn't do much more in these final games to say he definitely should be the starter. Is everyone going to be willing to put Keenum out to pasture like they did TJ? My guess is no. It'll be something else then...

"oh, well with a new coach i think he can improve.." - Maybe, Maybe not.
"well it was only 8-9 games, & it usually takes a full season of games to really figure out if a guy can play or not.." - Is that right? well TJ only got & he was done in everyone's eyes..

You guys don't see the fail in your logic. Understand that Kubiak made the decision to pass over TJ Yates & give case a shot in the 1st place even though it would've been very easy to justify going with TJ. Now all of a sudden he's sabotaging Case with playcalling & god knows everything else just so he can get his boy Schaub back in? You guys aren't making any sense.
I don't know of anybody here that thinks TJ can be the long term solution. Putting Case in before TJ was the right decision, but as I just said in another post, they should utilize Case's strengths, which they haven't been doing enough of.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read