Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #61
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Kubiak, if Case is having trouble picking up blitzes, TEACH HIM GOD DAMNIT! THAT'S YOUR JOB! Tell the O-line to step the F up!! And if he seriously can't do it then put Yates in there! BUT ENOUGH OF HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED II.

4 weeks in a row teams blitzed him crazy in the 2nd half. You think they hadn't talked it by now? It's on Keenum if he can't make the hot read and get it out quick. You can only lead a horse to water...smh

cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #62
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Neither did I. Kubiak's days are numbered, as is Schaub's. The Texans will move on to another QB and another head coach. Water under bridge. Next year we'll all have something new to "discuss".

I said "discuss" just to be nice.
I wish I shared your optimism. I really hope kubiak is gone. Schaub is as good as done, that I know.
Old 11-18-2013   #63
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55057 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
4 weeks in a row teams blitzed him crazy in the 2nd half. You think they hadn't talked it by now? It's on Keenum if he can't make the hot read and get it out quick. You can only lead a horse to water...smh

My post clearly had me saying if Keenum can't do it then put Yates in...but enough of #8. So here's a face palm for you too.

Old 11-18-2013   #64
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
Thing is, they're not even disguising the blitzes. Something more is going on here than just Keenum "can't read blitzes."

There doesn't seem to be any hot routes to throw to! There doesn't seem to be any adjustments from the offense at all. They seem to be doing exactly what they want to be doing and just hoping Keenum has enough time to do it. Which he doesn't. 5 step drops? In an obvious all out blitz?

Schaub was not very good with blitzes either. The scheme seems to have a problem with blitzes.

Has the threat of a running game been the primary deterrent of the blitz? With that gone the scheme can't handle it? Why are there no plays designed specifically to exploit a blitz? I don't understand.

Keenum did not just suddenly get stupid. I'm not buying that it's 100% Keenum's fault at all. The problem is deeper.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #65
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ok, I'll bite.

He benched Keenum because nobody on offense had it together on picking up the blitz. They were teeing off every single down. He was trying to keep him from becoming a shell shocked turtle like David Carr.

Not that far-fetched. It makes sense if you at least try being a little objective, but I know that's a little too much to ask, so I won't bother.
This relates to what Kubiak said.

Quote:
“What was happening was, we had to make a lot of changes from a protection standpoint to handle some of the things they were doing,” Kubiak said after the game. “Trying to create some tempo and do that. And it made it very tough on Case, in my opinion, being a young player. I knew that Matt could get done some of the things that I wanted to get done, real fast, and to give us a chance to win the football game. So that’s why I did it.”

Quote:
Asked if he regrets the decision to insert Schaub, Kubiak said he does not.

“Actually, I think I was really thinking of (Keenum) to be honest with you,” Kubiak said. “I’ve been in this league a long time and dealt with a lot of quarterbacks. I’m trying to develop one right now. Right or wrong, I made that decision because of the situation I thought I was fixing to put a young player in from my standpoint of what I was doing coaching wise. I don’t have time to explain that to y’all. That’s why I do what I did. He knows that. I talked to him about that.”
They made changes that Keenum wouldn't have been able to manage, and the team got in position to win. If Schaub makes that touchdown, the players retain some pride and Kubiak earns back some credibility. But that win would have only temporarily doused the frustrations of the players and FO, and those frustrations surfaced in an ugly way when the final drive failed.

This current lowpoint has followed the model of a business concept that I learned a long time ago: Profit covers up a lot of problems that aren't discovered until failure is imminent. In this analogy, "profit" means "wins." Sometimes a business gets lucky with demand and an uncompetitive market, and the resulting profit prevents improvement to the operation. All the existing inefficiencies, the waste, and the complacency is left unaddressed because managers only know how to fix problems by searching for smoke. Suddenly, the tide lowers, your competitors move in, and the customers become more sophisticated. The easy money becomes a trickle, and your operation is seized by a lack of preparation before collapsing.

For the past three years, the talents of our elite players carried this team through favorable schedules and a weak division. Then injuries hit, the schedule got tougher, and the Colts got better. The lowering tide revealed poor decisions in personnel, weakness in the offensive line, and an unreliable starting quarterback. Lacking preparation, the operation seized and collapsed, and the remaining elite players were left disillusioned by the revelation of such longstanding mediocrity.

As Zierlein said, Andre's blowup wasn't really directed at Schaub; It was condensed frustration uncorked by a few simple words from the quarterback who represented the systemic mediocrity that Andre's ambitions stood upon for 11 years. If that quarterback wins the game, Andre may not feel frustration, but he also won't feel much of anything.

I think Kubiak probably made the right decision at that time to win the game, but Andre's blowup and McNair's post game meetings have now made it clear: The system is done. It's over. The objective is now about allowing the fans and players to enjoy the excitement and confidence that Keenum brings. Do whatever possible to allow the last remaining games to be enjoyable. And Kubiak will do that because he cares for the players too.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #66
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Can I get some details on these "meetings" please?
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #67
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Neither did I. Kubiak's days are numbered, as is Schaub's. The Texans will move on to another QB and another head coach. Water under bridge. Next year we'll all have something new to "discuss".

I said "discuss" just to be nice.
So you're saying we're drafting Teddy Bridgewater next year?
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #68
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You've been called out on so many things by so many different people, you can't keep track of who called you out for what.
Whoever called me out needs to pay up $$$$$.

See, I put my $$$$ where my mouth is. No AFC championship game, no SB, No playoffs. I'm looking at you fiddler/DM.

I'm sorry if things didn't work out as planned fo the Smubiak sunshiners. It's been past time to move on since 2009/2010. I'm just LMAO at the Texans begining to air their dirty laundry in public.

Decisions like the one Gary made replacing Keenum have been going on for yrs behind the scenes. Gary has his favorites and they get preferential teatment. See: Marciano/Bullock/Schaub etc.... But finally all of those chickens are coming home to roost.

Which as a longtime fan makes me kinda sad to see the sad state the fanchise is currently in. Bottom line is this is all on you BoB, not Gary.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #69
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
LOL WHAT.

Kubiak should be fired, but that's not why. You don't deserve to be fired because you try to win games. That's the entire purpose of playing football---to win games. A coach who's on the hot seat has to win games to save his job.

He should be fired because he's NOT winning games.
This team was 2-7 entering the Raiders game. The game was about as meaningless as it could get in November. Might as well leave Keenum in and get him some in-game experience in the hurry up offense. But no, Kubiak was about as shortsighted as you could get and benched Keenum, who was ineffective but not terrible at all. In his place Kubiak decided to go with Schaub, a player who has one foot out the door already and has no future with the Texans. Winning, IMO, doesn't cure anything when your Head Coach lacks any long term vision for this franchise.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #70
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
You mean like the bootleg he ran in the 3rd quarter where Keenum took a 15 yard sack instead of throwing the ball away?

Kubiak has done an awful job of coaching this year (for a few years actually) but the fact that Keenum is borderline untouchable on this board is pathetic.

A lot of you want to talk about Kubiak and accountability. Well Keenum has struggled with the blitz in all 4 games. Hold him accountable and don't throw 100% of it on Kubiak and the O-Line when you threw 100% of it on Schaub 2 months ago.
Great post, they are making excuses for Keenum and lambasting Schaub while blaming every loss on him.

Quote:
LOL WHAT.

Kubiak should be fired, but that's not why. You don't deserve to be fired because you try to win games. That's the entire purpose of playing football---to win games. A coach who's on the hot seat has to win games to save his job.

Rep if I could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm petty sure that you called me out, saying I would rathe the Texans lose and be ight than the Texans win and be wrong. That was a bad assumption on you part. I absolutely hate losing and particularly hate going out to Reliant watching the same crap over and over Sunday after Sunday.

I've started a new game with the guys that sit around me. It's called when are the Texans going to do something stupid and blow this game.
Nice new game. I guess it shows what a great fan you are by trying to convince the rest of the fan base how knowledgeable you are on the teams affairs. I mean how the heck does any organization ever get along without guys like you to keep them on the path?

Good thing I am not sitting in your section because I would be playing the "Keep your fair weather opinion to yourself" game or maybe even "accidentally spill my beer my on the loudmouth drunken redneck" Those are always crowd favorites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I don't think it matters. The answer at QB isn't on the roster.

The game is too fast and complicated for Keenum and 6 more games aren't going to change that. He looks good on deep throws where he can sit and stare at a route for a second or two before making a decision, but when he needs to read the defense, see where the coverage is and go through his progressions in a split second, he just can't do it. Kubiak pulling him when he needed to change up the offense to more presnap and quick reads tells me the kid can't understand and run an NFL offense.

His ceiling is Rex Grossman territory.
rep if I could.

Quote:
Whoever called me out needs to pay up $$$$$.

See, I put my $$$$ where my mouth is. No AFC championship game, no SB, No playoffs. I'm looking at you fiddler/DM.

I'm sorry if things didn't work out as planned fo the Smubiak sunshiners. It's been past time to move on since 2009/2010. I'm just LMAO at the Texans begining to air their dirty laundry in public.

Decisions like the one Gary made replacing Keenum have been going on for yrs behind the scenes. Gary has his favorites and they get preferential teatment. See: Marciano/Bullock/Schaub etc.... But finally all of those chickens are coming home to roost.

Which as a longtime fan makes me kinda sad to see the sad state the fanchise is currently in. Bottom line is this is all on you BoB, not Gary.
Who are you kidding? look at how you are gloating now, which easily shows that you are more concerned with being right than hoping the team wins. Fans like you would do anything to see Schaub and/or Kubiak, fail so you can point your boney finger and say "See I Told You So"

I sure hope uncle Bob signs over the club to you already so you can straighten things out for us poor Houston fans. Until that day comes I am going on a hunger strike, and I recommend you all do the same.

Sign the petition to make steelbtexan Owner/GM/HC/DC and president of football operations immediately at www.yougottabe****ingkiddingme.com

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #71
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope he starts and stays in the whole game.
Old 11-19-2013   #72
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Great post, they are making excuses for Keenum and lambasting Schaub while blaming every loss on him.

(Quote///) I've got no excuses for Keenum, I do have hope that he improves. Sorry things didn't work out for Gary/Rick/Schaub and the crew. It's time to move on, bring in new blood and hopefully a winner. (Actually it's 3 yrs past time.

Nice new game. I guess it shows what a great fan you are by trying to convince the rest of the fan base how knowledgeable you are on the teams affairs. I mean how the heck does any organization ever get along without guys like you to keep them on the path?

(Quote///) Cant help the team finds new ways to lose evey week. I decided to have fun with it and would suggest you do the same. Because if they lose to the Jags Sunday it will be awhile until they get their next win. (Next yr)

Good thing I am not sitting in your section because I would be playing the "Keep your fair weather opinion to yourself" game or maybe even "accidentally spill my beer my on the loudmouth drunken redneck" Those are always crowd favorites!

(Quote////) Come on down to section 326, Several of us have been there since the begining and we always have fun. Regardless of the repeated levels of the Texans ineptitude there's fun to be had.

Who are you kidding? look at how you are gloating now, which easily shows that you are more concerned with being right than hoping the team wins. Fans like you would do anything to see Schaub and/or Kubiak, fail so you can point your boney finger and say "See I Told You So"

I sure hope uncle Bob signs over the club to you already so you can straighten things out for us poor Houston fans. Until that day comes I am going on a hunger strike, and I recommend you all do the same.

Sign the petition to make steelbtexan Owner/GM/HC/DC and president of football operations immediately at www.yougottabe****ingkiddingme.com
(Quote////) Do you really believe in 11 yrs and missing 3 games and traveling with the team once a y that I would EVER root for the Texans to lose? I hate losing, losing is for losers ans begats more losing. That's why I never root for the Texans to tank. But I do know a losing org when I see one and Rick/Gary are that. (Sorry)

BTW, where have you been, you must be busy, because since the Texans have been on this losing streak and you're boy Schaubie got benched you haven't been posting very much. It's hot in the kitchen right now and I predict it's going to get hotter before the season is over.
Old 11-19-2013   #73
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 20812 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL WHAT.

I rather think that the purpose of playing football is to be a successful franchise (=team)

ofc you do that winning games, but now winning game is no good for us.

I don't like the idea of tanking games, but I can't see what good can come from finishing the season 8-8 rather than 2-14 (unless ofc you are the seahawks of some years ago that finished 7-9 and won the division)
Old 11-19-2013   #74
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
You should be a QB coach -- after all anyone who could make that
kind of assessment after watching 3.5 games on TV is clearly
some kind of savant...

TJ
yeah....b/c everyone who watches football wasn't calling Blaine Gabbert trash after only a handful of few presesason & regular season games....Ditto for Geno Smith.

Bias on both sides of the fence around here.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #75
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
yeah....b/c everyone who watches football wasn't calling Blaine Gabbert trash after only a handful of few presesason & regular season games....Ditto for Geno Smith.

Bias on both sides of the fence around here.
while i agree there is bias around here, can anyone honestly say case has been given a fair shot? even at practice he splits time, so if he cant handle or read the hot route on the blitz its 100% garys fault for not teaching this. there is no reason to give schaub any reps in practice. meaningless wins by schaub in november are meaningless. give case 100% reps and let him try to get wins. the FUTURE of this organization is based on how case plays and improves. thats why gary and his bias should be fired now. he does not have our FUTURE in his current plans and if case is not our qb next year, this off-season is going to be rough. adding a legit qb to the list of needs will be devastating imo.
Old 11-19-2013   #76
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
I rather think that the purpose of playing football is to be a successful franchise (=team)

ofc you do that winning games, but now winning game is no good for us.

I don't like the idea of tanking games, but I can't see what good can come from finishing the season 8-8 rather than 2-14 (unless ofc you are the seahawks of some years ago that finished 7-9 and won the division)
The difference between 7-9 (Check out Dex sig) and picking 10-15 vs 1-3 is millions of $$$$ which is why most owners would rather their teams not tank.
Old 11-19-2013   #77
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The difference between 7-9 (Check out Dex sig) and picking 10-15 vs 1-3 is millions of $$$$ which is why most owners would rather their teams not tank.
Sorry steel. That has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen posted in a while. The NFL has a salary cap. High draft picks fit under the cap easily. For teams that don't stay up against the cap they bring excitement/hope which means more money.
Old 11-19-2013   #78
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
while i agree there is bias around here, can anyone honestly say case has been given a fair shot? even at practice he splits time, so if he cant handle or read the hot route on the blitz its 100% garys fault for not teaching this. there is no reason to give schaub any reps in practice. meaningless wins by schaub in november are meaningless. give case 100% reps and let him try to get wins. the FUTURE of this organization is based on how case plays and improves. thats why gary and his bias should be fired now. he does not have our FUTURE in his current plans and if case is not our qb next year, this off-season is going to be rough. adding a legit qb to the list of needs will be devastating imo.
Well, Gary has to know himself that he likely isn't in this teams future plans if he doesn't get this crap turned around asap....so tell me again why he would be so incumbent upon giving case every chance to succeed again? Dude is trying to win games & like it or not, he did that for 2 years with Schaub.

It's also funny that i hear all this "give case a legitimate chance" bark from everyone but you don't hear that same bark for TJ Yates though. I mean here's a guy who himself only started 8 games for this team, won a few of them including a playoff game, came into the season as the #2 & yet he was passed over for the starting job when Schaub went down in favor of the #3 guy. It's highly likely that Case doesn't do much more in these final games to say he definitely should be the starter. Is everyone going to be willing to put Keenum out to pasture like they did TJ? My guess is no. It'll be something else then...

"oh, well with a new coach i think he can improve.." - Maybe, Maybe not.
"well it was only 8-9 games, & it usually takes a full season of games to really figure out if a guy can play or not.." - Is that right? well TJ only got & he was done in everyone's eyes..

You guys don't see the fail in your logic. Understand that Kubiak made the decision to pass over TJ Yates & give case a shot in the 1st place even though it would've been very easy to justify going with TJ. Now all of a sudden he's sabotaging Case with playcalling & god knows everything else just so he can get his boy Schaub back in? You guys aren't making any sense.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #79
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Case will probably be cut at the end of the season. Patriots will pick him up. We'll see what a great coach does with him.
Old 11-19-2013   #80
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

I find it hilarious that there are some who say Keenum is not NFL starting quality after only four games. Yeah, he's had trouble with the blitz- so what, he's basically a rookie. We have a bad O-line, and it doesn't look like we're playing to his strengths with a lot of the play calling. It looks like we're trying to make him fit into a Matt Schaub offense, instead of Kubiak realizing he's different and utilizing some of his tools. I think even Andre said it the other day- the calls didn't change when Matt came in.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read