Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #161
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Actually, the movies aren't the inspiration behind my username. I actually agree that those movies are garbage. I actually love clowning you on that, because you wasted an entire post coming up with Matrix film-related "insults" or whatever the **** that's supposed to be and in one fell swoop, your entire post was rendered useless just like your entire existence.

You signed up in September 2013 and you come in here and act like you run the place. Who the **** are you? Know your role and shut your mouth, jabroni.
cool user name, cool response, cool posts, cool everything!!!
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #162
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually, the movies aren't the inspiration behind my username. I actually agree that those movies are garbage. I actually love clowning you on that, because you wasted an entire post coming up with Matrix film-related "insults" or whatever the **** that's supposed to be and in one fell swoop, your entire post was rendered useless just like your entire existence.

You signed up in September 2013 and you come in here and act like you run the place. Who the **** are you? Know your role and shut your mouth, jabroni.
So your name is the same as a movie you think is garbage. Solid reasoning.
Old 11-18-2013   #163
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
My name here is the name of a kindly gentleman from the Omen movies, but that's not why I chose it. Maybe TheMatrix31 likes puzzles. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #164
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
wait, what?

no you're twisiting my comment. 4 broken ribs should let you know dude is tough as nails and is giving it all he has out there. If the fans would have a shred of football IQ instead of blind rage then they shut the hell up when the home team has the ball late in a game. going to a silent snap because your fans are either uneducated or just too mad to give a damn is the real dumb crap.
It's called playing for a contract. He has to play to get paid next year. You are correct he is a " good" running back especially between the 20's, in the red zone NOTHING!
That's the problem with the Texans. Complacent with being "good" not great. If that's all you want Rico congratulations you got it. Smoke and mirrors.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #165
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So basically Oiler fans are Boston Red Sox fans before they started winning.. or Saints fans.

All it takes is the right change. We aren't cursed, we just haven't made the right personnel decisions yet.. I hope we make them this coming offseason.

As far as the "woe is us" stuff.. I don't think that's directed at the old guard.. It's directed at the idiots who keep posting and starting threads that Watt and Andre are going to somehow leave when they can't. Or say there's no way we can re sign Watt and he won't sign here, which we can and he will. At least it is for me. A lot of the "woe is us" stuff stems from people becoming cry babies.. they should be happy, this losing is going to bring about much needed change. I'd rather take this season over another 10-6 season where we beat the Bengals in a wild card game and then get our collective asses spanked and sent home the next week. Speaking of which.. Kubiak's entire tenure can be summed up by this..

Because that's exactly what this team's M.O. has been any time this team has had to step up in competition against the big boys.
Not much I can really add to that CB. It's just disappointing that we've had to go this long for so many fans to wake back up to what we've really had all along with this HC. Eight years has been a very long time, and we're still not even certain that's over under this regime yet. Bob might pull another "We're on the right track" statement again to let us know that Kubiak isn't going anywhere. If the Texans were to go on a 3 game winning streak to end the season, then Bob could potentially call that momentum for next year.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #166
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have a thought... bear with me because I'm really thinking outside the box here...

what if... no... that wouldn't be possible. Never mind.

I was just about to suggest that maybe the word matrix existed before the movie ever came out, and maybe his user name is related to the actual word matrix instead of the movie title, but that would just be silly...

michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #167
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Or maybe I'm a Phoenix Suns fan and maybe Shawn Marion is my favorite Sun of all-time and maybe his nickname was "The Matrix" and maybe his jersey number was 31.

Maybe?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #168
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or maybe I'm a Phoenix Suns fan and maybe Shawn Marion is my favorite Sun of all-time and maybe his nickname was "The Matrix" and maybe his jersey number was 31.

Maybe?
No, that's not it...

Old 11-18-2013   #169
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I have a thought... bear with me because I'm really thinking outside the box here...

what if... no... that wouldn't be possible. Never mind.

I was just about to suggest that maybe the word matrix existed before the movie ever came out, and maybe his user name is related to the actual word matrix instead of the movie title, but that would just be silly...

Hilarious because Shawn Marion's nickname came from the movie. So really, if it hadn't been for that movie he would have never picked that user name. Pretty funny actually.
Old 11-18-2013   #170
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Hilarious because Shawn Marion's nickname came from the movie. So really, if it hadn't been for that movie he would have never picked that user name. Pretty funny actually.
I actually thought there were 28 additional sequels I never heard of, and his favorite was the very last one...
Old 11-18-2013   #171
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, his nickname doesn't quite relate to the quality of the movies lol.

Alright, this is way off topic. Let's get back to Ben Tate.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #172
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe?
nice story. we all know you love matrix 2 & 3.

SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #173
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston fans seem to have a bad rep in general as far as being frontrunners or bangwagon fans go (happens in every city though).

I'm still amazed at how many Oilers fans suddenly came into existence when the Texans started playing.

Or the UH fans that suddenly appeared out of thin air when Keenum began starting.

Or that Dallas, New Orleans, or Titans (with VY) fans could take over Reliant

Houston has plenty of great fans (like the majority of people on this board), but seems to be a very bandwagon city

Maybe because a lot of people in my age range grew up as Cowboys fans
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #174
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Yet another player to call out Houston's ridiculously fair weather fans. Add Foster and Watt (amongst others) and pretty soon no one will want to play here. Rightfully so.
We sure have lost a fair share of them to Philly.

http://fansided.com/2013/11/17/eagle...ay-game-photo/

(DeSean Jackson) “We already have to beat our opponent. Now we’re trying to fight our fans. That energy to help us go out there and help us [get an] interception, delay of game penalty, whatever it is, we need them on our side, not against us.”

If only these guys could find a city where they could lose in peace, geeze!
Old 11-18-2013   #175
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I'm still amazed at how many Oilers fans suddenly came into existence when the Texans started playing.
So you're saying you're too young to remember when the Oilers played here.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #176
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ben Tate @ BenTateRB
So some of y'all in Houston still mad at
me huh?....Oh....let it go...or u can talk
abt it everyday
Lol!!!!
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #177
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe?
So you're a Phoenix Suns fan that lives in California.

Are you sure that you're the right guy to be calling out fans in a city that you may or may not have been to?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #178
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Quote:
Meet @BenTateRB & @leadblock33
@VerizonWireless (59/Greenway) tomorrow 8-9a
for #TexansRadio on @SportsRadio610 live w/
@TexansVoice.
BAD TIMING TEXANS!! I'm sure someone is going to have some words for the tater tot.
Is anyone listening to this? I just turned it on. So far, it sounds like they're kissing his @$$.

I guess that's to be expected from 610.
Old 11-19-2013   #179
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Is anyone listening to this? I just turned it on. So far, it sounds like they're kissing his @$$.

I guess that's to be expected from 610.
Im listening and typical John Lopez he wussed out of asking him to go into it. He said 'I give you dredit for owning what you said". Really Lopez? You didn't want to ask him if he understood the reason the fans are booing? If you think fans should cheer for a team that is 2-8 and getting whipped by a terrrible team that has more injuries and less talent AT HOME!! Vandemeer is Vandemeer, he's the company man and I don;t expect anything from him.
Old 11-19-2013   #180
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Im listening and typical John Lopez he wussed out of asking him to go into it. He said 'I give you dredit for owning what you said". Really Lopez? You didn't want to ask him if he understood the reason the fans are booing? If you think fans should cheer for a team that is 2-8 and getting whipped by a terrrible team that has more injuries and less talent AT HOME!! Vandemeer is Vandemeer, he's the company man and I don;t expect anything from him.
Yeah this is horrible. I'm just keeping it on to see if they take any calls and take a break from "company line radio."

Lopez was somewhat objective as a writer but he's a total homer on the radio. Guess it's in the job description.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read