Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #41
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Exactly what I was saying yesterday. A lot of fans were pissed about him ruining the future by "benching" Case. What they don't realize is that the future does not matter to Kubiak. Keeping his job is what matters.
this is why kubiak should be fired immediately.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #42
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
LOL WHAT.

Kubiak should be fired, but that's not why. You don't deserve to be fired because you try to win games. That's the entire purpose of playing football---to win games. A coach who's on the hot seat has to win games to save his job.

He should be fired because he's NOT winning games.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #43
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
Well he should have been fired years ago, but yes I agree.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #44
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I know it's not popular, but I'm not completely sold on Case as the future. I certainly like some of what I have seen (like most fans), especially his ability to extend plays and do something special.

But, an NFL QB that cannot read defenses and pick up a blitz won't be an NFL QB for long. Defense now have tape on him, and they see one dimensional when they throw blitzes at him.

And I have wanted to see the "clutch factor" in some form, but his second half performances are not giving me much to believe in right now. And it's not all about being a rookie. We have too many examples the past couple of years of rookie QBs winning games with clutch moments. I want to believe in the dude, but I'm not going to wear blinders to do it. However, I do think they should give him some more time to see if he improves.

Otherwise, time to clean house and use that high draft pick on a [hopefully] franchise QB of the future.
Completely agree, and I'm a huge Case Homer, and UH alum. I've seen him do some fancy stuff in college, and he definitely has some intangibles we have yet to see in a Texans QB. That being said he has to read the defense better pre-snap. I'm hoping that can be taught and learned, and that's the real reason we need him to start the final 6 games. If marked improvement in this aspect does not happen then we at least know where in the draft we should pick a QB. I want the kid to win so bad, but I want the team to do well even more so. If that means drafting someone early and letting them take the reigns in 2014 then so be it.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #45
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
LOL WHAT.

Kubiak should be fired, but that's not why. You don't deserve to be fired because you try to win games. That's the entire purpose of playing football---to win games. A coach who's on the hot seat has to win games to save his job.

if thats the case he would of made a change when Schaub was playing bad for all those games, infact only reason a change was made at was because of injury, Case played pretty good and Kubiak had no choice but to stick with him.

If not for the injury to Schaub then Case would still be inactive i bet.
Old 11-18-2013   #46
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
LOL WHAT.

he is trying to win meaningless games at the expense of critical playing time for case keenum.

the texans need to know what they have in this kid; therefore, he should not be benched unless he is injured.

we know what we have in schaub, and we all know he will be cut June 1st.

THE SEASON IS EFFING OVER, it's time to look to the future and analyze what we have.

although, i encourage kubiak to keep it up because he is incapable of making good decisions and he'll only help our draft position. the man has lost the team. he is a loser.
Old 11-18-2013   #47
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Good that he's starting. Was an awfully quick decision by kubiak. I wonder if he was pressured to go with keenum or what.

His comments really make less and less sense as the season goes on.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #48
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You've mistaken me for someone else who said that. I never said Wade would come in a right all wrongs, etc. And I would own up to it if I did, so get your facts straight.

But to answer your question . . . YES! I now think it's time for a change.

Happy?

Now, stop derailing the thread.
I'm petty sure that you called me out, saying I would rathe the Texans lose and be ight than the Texans win and be wrong. That was a bad assumption on you part. I absolutely hate losing and particularly hate going out to Reliant watching the same crap over and over Sunday after Sunday.

I've started a new game with the guys that sit around me. It's called when are the Texans going to do something stupid and blow this game.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #49
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Good that he's starting. Was an awfully quick decision by kubiak. I wonder if he was pressured to go with keenum or what.

His comments really make less and less sense as the season goes on.
haha exactly... like this:

when asked if case could handle hurry up:

Quote:
“You guys don’t understand and I’m trying to explain to you—let me try one more time,” Kubiak said. “I’m fine with Case in a two-minute situation. What I was doing, calling the game and some of the decisions, I made to go with to try and help the quarterback out and the offensive line out. It was fixing to be very difficult. It was fixing to be very fast for a young guy who has never been through it. That’s why I did what I did.”
and if he regrets his decision:

Quote:
“Actually, I think I was really thinking of (Keenum) to be honest with you,” Kubiak said. “I’ve been in this league a long time and dealt with a lot of quarterbacks. I’m trying to develop one right now. Right or wrong, I made that decision because of the situation I thought I was fixing to put a young player in from my standpoint of what I was doing coaching wise. I don’t have time to explain that to y’all. That’s why I do what I did. He knows that. I talked to him about that.”
what is this babbling idiot talking about!!?? lol
Old 11-18-2013   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Jack Pardee had that headset that got crooked when he looked lost. Never helped that the dern thing was not hooked up. Bud just wanted him to look "like a coach".

Rudy T had the puzzled look at the end, too, but his signature was the disheveled tie and crumpled suit.

Larry Dierker got there with the sunflower seed stuck to his lip that his tongue never could remove. Fortunately the camera zoomed in to catch the moment, and his hat being on crooked just completed the picture.

Dom Capers certainly had the look during 2-14. Sort of a mouth agape "duhhh" look with a blank stare. Epitomized the bewildered look.

Now we see Kubiak up in the box, lonely, both hands on his forehead, just wondering what the hell just happened in the past 8 weeks. I really believe him when he says "it's on me" and that he just doesn't know what went wrong and doesn't know how to fix it.

Us H-town fans are becoming pros at recognizing "the look" of head coaches/managers that have lost complete control. That's not a good thing.

So, he was doing the young QB a favor by benching him to protect him. I see what you did there, like some kind of jedi fan mind trick.

I know it's not popular, but I'm not completely sold on Case as the future. I certainly like some of what I have seen (like most fans), especially his ability to extend plays and do something special.

But, an NFL QB that cannot read defenses and pick up a blitz won't be an NFL QB for long. Defense now have tape on him, and they see one dimensional when they throw blitzes at him.

And I have wanted to see the "clutch factor" in some form, but his second half performances are not giving me much to believe in right now. And it's not all about being a rookie. We have too many examples the past couple of years of rookie QBs winning games with clutch moments. I want to believe in the dude, but I'm not going to wear blinders to do it. However, I do think they should give him some more time to see if he improves.

Otherwise, time to clean house and use that high draft pick on a [hopefully] franchise QB of the future.
Great post!..............Memories!

Keenum is too football smart in too many other ways. No one is going to convince me that he has been properly schooled by the coaching in avoiding the constant "massive" blitz attacks that he has been exposed to. Nor do I believe that if there was any semblance of an OL functioning, would he need to deal with the "unreasonable"............strongly implying that the coaching staff has failed in their duties to "control" their obviously (at least) inept OL personnel. Without successfully addressing these issues, no QB (including a Johnny Football type.......or even Peyton Manning) has any chance of success.................especially if he has no ability to audible.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #51
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Great post!..............Memories!

Keenum is too football smart in too many other ways. No one is going to convince me that he has been properly schooled by the coaching in avoiding the constant "massive" blitz attacks that he has been exposed to. Nor do I believe that if there was any semblance of an OL functioning, would he need to deal with the "unreasonable"............strongly implying that the coaching staff has failed in their duties to "control" their obviously (at least) inept OL personnel. Without successfully addressing these issues, no QB (including a Johnny Football type.......or even Peyton Manning) has any chance of success.................especially if he has no ability to audible.
yep... it's not like case has been getting a lot of practice reps over the past year and a half.

he's literally been running the scout team. kubiak put all of his effort into fixing his love bird matt schaub. and, it probably set keenum back a little. not to mention hanging onto yates for some strange reason.
Old 11-18-2013   #52
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 18049 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Kubiak knows what he's doing anymore. He's like a novice chess player who loses his queen and both knights in the first 10 moves; frantically moving pieces around the board and pretending its a strategy.

Everything this regime has done since the St. Louis game has wreaked of desperation - and it's bled into the game plan.
Old 11-18-2013   #53
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131191 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I don't think Kubiak knows what he's doing anymore. He's like a novice chess player who loses his queen and both knights in the first 10 moves; frantically moving pieces around the board and pretending its a strategy.

Everything this regime has done since the St. Louis game has wreaked of desperation - and it's bled into the game plan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyAgWQqL-bE
Old 11-18-2013   #54
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm petty sure that you called me out, saying I would rather the Texans lose and be right than the Texans win and be wrong. That was a bad assumption on you part. I absolutely hate losing and particularly hate going out to Reliant watching the same crap over and over Sunday after Sunday.
You've been called out on so many things by so many different people, you can't keep track of who called you out for what.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #55
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
LMAO!!! I will never ever ever forget Pardee having the headset on and it not being plugged in. All-time classic!!
He funniest part of that was that Bud actually TOLD Pardee he did not care if the headset was plugged in or not.......just wear it!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #56
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

actually we can still when the divison at 8-8 colts just have to lose out I think but intill then I guess the season is over

but there not giving any of the young and bench players starting time shouldn't they be doing that this week and putting most of the Vets on IR
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #57
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it matters. The answer at QB isn't on the roster.

The game is too fast and complicated for Keenum and 6 more games aren't going to change that. He looks good on deep throws where he can sit and stare at a route for a second or two before making a decision, but when he needs to read the defense, see where the coverage is and go through his progressions in a split second, he just can't do it. Kubiak pulling him when he needed to change up the offense to more presnap and quick reads tells me the kid can't understand and run an NFL offense.

His ceiling is Rex Grossman territory.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #58
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45032 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
The game is too fast and complicated for Keenum and 6 more games aren't going to change that.
You should be a QB coach -- after all anyone who could make that
kind of assessment after watching 3.5 games on TV is clearly
some kind of savant...

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #59
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
You should be a QB coach -- after all anyone who could make that
kind of assessment after watching 3.5 games on TV is clearly
some kind of savant...

TJ
You don't have to be a dermatologist to see a zit.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #60
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I don't think it matters. The answer at QB isn't on the roster.

The game is too fast and complicated for Keenum and 6 more games aren't going to change that. He looks good on deep throws where he can sit and stare at a route for a second or two before making a decision, but when he needs to read the defense, see where the coverage is and go through his progressions in a split second, he just can't do it. Kubiak pulling him when he needed to change up the offense to more presnap and quick reads tells me the kid can't understand and run an NFL offense.

His ceiling is Rex Grossman territory.
are you sure it's not kubiaks "super complicated/intricate offense" that's confusing case?

lol, you will never live that down.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read