Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #21
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

I got a feeling Bob and Gary might've had a conversation about this.
Old 11-18-2013   #22
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I think GK had to give MS one more chance. I saw him shake his head and cover his eyes a couple of times when Matt was in game. He just had to see if maybe MS had changed miraculously and I think he saw MS is MS. I don't expect to see MS anymore barring injury. I think TJ should be the backup.
MS should be inactive. If he is not sure about TJ now is the time to see.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #23
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is ****ing bi polar.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #24
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

it's like preseason

first half starter QB

second half backup QB
Old 11-18-2013   #25
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I don't expect to see MS anymore barring injury.
I thought this 4 weeks ago.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #26
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I got a feeling Bob and Gary might've had a conversation about this.
I have the same feeling as well. I don't understand Gary's lovefest with Matt Schaub. Houston's over him. His teammates are over him. Kubiak is the only one who can't get over it.
Old 11-18-2013   #27
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubes knows his job is gone. Schaub was his last ditch effort to keep it. He changed QBs in the hopes that Schaub could move the offense down into the red zone and we could perhaps score. It didn't work, Schaub is Schaub, and we lost. He knows nothing will save him now, not even going 8-8 from here on out.

Now that he knows it's over, he's putting Keenum back in because it's what's right for the future. No use in riding Schaub the lame horse anymore.

Just my take on things.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I have the same feeling as well. I don't understand Gary's lovefest with Matt Schaub. Houston's over him. His teammates are over him. Kubiak is the only one who can't get over it.

uhh u don't know the team is over him ...???????? how do u know that

and it does not matter what Houston thinks they don't make football decisions
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #29
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
uhh u don't know the team is over him ...???????? how do u know that

and it does not matter what Houston thinks they don't make football decisions
Didn't you see AJ's reaction to Matt Schaub? This team is frustrated. This team knows the season was wasted, partly due to Schaub. Did you see the amount of facepalms when Matt Schaub came in? It's frustrating enough for fans to see Schaub come in. We've seen what he's accomplished. Do you think the players are somehow not aware of how inept Schaub is? They played with him every day. They know he's not going to be our quarterback moving forward.

And yes, the opinion of Houston doesn't matter. It's not like we're a source of revenue or anything.
Old 11-18-2013   #30
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How's that Gary's a great HC we just need a new DC thingy working out for you. Remember when I said Gary should be fired after the 2009 and 2010 seasons and you thought Wade could come in and right all of the wrongs?

Would you finally agree that it's time for BoB to clean house and that includes the failure that is Rick Smith and start a new?

If BoB had cared to take care of his business back in 2010 the franchise wouldn't be in the sorry state it is currently in. You disagreed with me then, do you still disagree, or are you begining to see the light?
You've mistaken me for someone else who said that. I never said Wade would come in a right all wrongs, etc. And I would own up to it if I did, so get your facts straight.

But to answer your question . . . YES! I now think it's time for a change.

Happy?

Now, stop derailing the thread.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #31
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Who will the starting coach be for Sunday's game?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You know, Capers was kind of lost like this toward the end too if you recall. I remember he was pretty much a dead-coach walking toward the last few games of the season and I kind of felt sorry for him. It was impossible not to.

Gary's got that same sound and look today. It's all gotten away from him and he doesn't really understand how that happened or how to get hold of it again.
Jack Pardee had that headset that got crooked when he looked lost. Never helped that the dern thing was not hooked up. Bud just wanted him to look "like a coach".

Rudy T had the puzzled look at the end, too, but his signature was the disheveled tie and crumpled suit.

Larry Dierker got there with the sunflower seed stuck to his lip that his tongue never could remove. Fortunately the camera zoomed in to catch the moment, and his hat being on crooked just completed the picture.

Dom Capers certainly had the look during 2-14. Sort of a mouth agape "duhhh" look with a blank stare. Epitomized the bewildered look.

Now we see Kubiak up in the box, lonely, both hands on his forehead, just wondering what the hell just happened in the past 8 weeks. I really believe him when he says "it's on me" and that he just doesn't know what went wrong and doesn't know how to fix it.

Us H-town fans are becoming pros at recognizing "the look" of head coaches/managers that have lost complete control. That's not a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ok, I'll bite.

He benched Keenum because nobody on offense had it together on picking up the blitz. They were teeing off every single down. He was trying to keep him from becoming a shell shocked turtle like David Carr.

Not that far-fetched. It makes sense if you at least try being a little objective, but I know that's a little too much to ask, so I won't bother.
So, he was doing the young QB a favor by benching him to protect him. I see what you did there, like some kind of jedi fan mind trick.

I know it's not popular, but I'm not completely sold on Case as the future. I certainly like some of what I have seen (like most fans), especially his ability to extend plays and do something special.

But, an NFL QB that cannot read defenses and pick up a blitz won't be an NFL QB for long. Defense now have tape on him, and they see one dimensional when they throw blitzes at him.

And I have wanted to see the "clutch factor" in some form, but his second half performances are not giving me much to believe in right now. And it's not all about being a rookie. We have too many examples the past couple of years of rookie QBs winning games with clutch moments. I want to believe in the dude, but I'm not going to wear blinders to do it. However, I do think they should give him some more time to see if he improves.

Otherwise, time to clean house and use that high draft pick on a [hopefully] franchise QB of the future.
Old 11-18-2013   #33
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Jack Pardee had that headset that got crooked when he looked lost. Never helped that the dern thing was not hooked up. Bud just wanted him to look "like a coach".
LMAO!!! I will never ever ever forget Pardee having the headset on and it not being plugged in. All-time classic!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #34
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I absolutely hate Kubiak's reasoning behind benching Keenum. He wasn't looking beyond the Oakland game at all. Logically, wouldn't you want your inexperienced QB to get the game reps in a hurry up offense?
This is exactly what I was saying yesterday. Either I did a piss poor job getting my point across or people just refused to believe it. He doesn't care about the future, he cares about the now. Winning enough games to save his job is all that matters at this point.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #35
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why shouldn't that be all that matters to him? His job is to win games, not placate fans.

I wouldn't have done it, but I can certainly see why he did.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #36
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Starter yes, let's see who the closer is.

http://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE
Old 11-18-2013   #37
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Or call some bootlegs and get him on the edge where he's more productive, or be like Gary and keep calling the same plays cause you are stubbornly stuck on your system?
You mean like the bootleg he ran in the 3rd quarter where Keenum took a 15 yard sack instead of throwing the ball away?

Kubiak has done an awful job of coaching this year (for a few years actually) but the fact that Keenum is borderline untouchable on this board is pathetic.

A lot of you want to talk about Kubiak and accountability. Well Keenum has struggled with the blitz in all 4 games. Hold him accountable and don't throw 100% of it on Kubiak and the O-Line when you threw 100% of it on Schaub 2 months ago.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-18-2013   #38
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Will this be another Keenum starts and Schaub finishes ? I dont know if my blood pressure could take that happening again.
Old 11-18-2013   #39
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Why shouldn't that be all that matters to him? His job is to win games, not placate fans.

I wouldn't have done it, but I can certainly see why he did.
Exactly what I was saying yesterday. A lot of fans were pissed about him ruining the future by "benching" Case. What they don't realize is that the future does not matter to Kubiak. Keeping his job is what matters.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-18-2013   #40
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I know it's not popular, but I'm not completely sold on Case as the future. I certainly like some of what I have seen (like most fans), especially his ability to extend plays and do something special.

But, an NFL QB that cannot read defenses and pick up a blitz won't be an NFL QB for long. Defense now have tape on him, and they see one dimensional when they throw blitzes at him.

And I have wanted to see the "clutch factor" in some form, but his second half performances are not giving me much to believe in right now. And it's not all about being a rookie. We have too many examples the past couple of years of rookie QBs winning games with clutch moments. I want to believe in the dude, but I'm not going to wear blinders to do it. However, I do think they should give him some more time to see if he improves.
Yeah, I think he deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt the rest of the season. I'm a little bit more optimistic of his ability to learn how to make the defense pay for blitzing him all the time.

And IMO, we tried that drafting a QB with high pick in the draft stuff. Too risky for my blood. We've got more important needs. You're gonna have to make a real strong case at the end of the season convincing me Keenum is not it. Right now, there are two things about him that stick out. He's mobile, and he throws it accurately downfield. Yeah, right now, he can't read a blitz worth a sh!t.

But that's correctable. Those other two things are not.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read