Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #141
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
And my point is that this board (and fanbase, if the board is to be trusted) has been a trainwreck of bipolarity and division for YEARS.
its like arguing with a wall......guess we agree to disagree bud
Old 11-18-2013   #142
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

We are about wishy washy as Kubiak's head coaching record
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #143
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And my point is that this board (and fanbase, if the board is to be trusted) has been a trainwreck of bipolarity and division for YEARS.
The problem with that statement is that the franchise, since inception, has only really had one high, two playoff seasons in a row, apart from which the entire thing has been a train wreck.

Even this latest low was presaged by the 6-10 which followed 9-7.

Without wishing to offend you matrix, you have been one of the loudest, most devicive influences on this board recently, calling out your fellow fans for daring to highlight the ineptitude.

This seasons been done for 4 weeks already, due to the broncos pats and colts left to play whom we don't have a hope in hell of matching.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #144
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't give a rats ass what people think of "fandom" be it sports or tv shows or whatever. We're fans. We can think and act however the f*ck we want as long as we stay within civil laws. If I wanna boo someone one second and cheer them on the next I will. It's my frigging breath I can do with it as I please.

Jeeezzzz. Some of yall need something serious to worry about, cause this $hit isn't something worth worrying about.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #145
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Just FYI wishy-washy means lacking strength or character.

"Up and down" and wishy-washy mean two different things.

So he said we were bipolar AND we are weak.

Is Ben Tate saying that if we were 8-2 nobody would be complaining? WELL NO **** SHERLOCK! FUGGIN' CAPTAIN OBVIOUS BEN TATE FOR THE WIN!

To say that we are weak because we are tired of losing and we are tired of sh!tty coaching decisions is completely odious and I really don't care if he plays another down for us.
You can read it as such and that's definitely your prerogative to do so. I think wishy-washy encompasses all of it. Up and down, fickle, weak-minded, etc.

Obviously everything would be better if we were winning, but we're not. No use blowing sunshine in everyone's ass. But he IS right. We went from Keenum energy to COMPLETE disaster in what, two weeks? Personally, I think people are pissed because they thought quarterback was the only thing wrong with this team ON THE FIELD. That's clearly not the case.

And Welsh, yeah I'm vocal, because I don't think fans are consistent. I'm definitely going to call out the "tankers" and the hypocrites who, for example, blamed the OL for Keenum's trouble but blamed Schaub for Schaub's trouble. Goes back to my point about people being pissed because they thought QB was the only on-the-field problem. I like rational thought and analysis, so I'm not going to take too kindly to people analyzing things incorrectly.

That said, we can all agree that this season is a dumpster fire and that it'd be best to just put the season behind us.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #146
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I've "stuck with the team" since before the first player stepped onto the field.

- You were 11 when the NFL owners voted to award the 32nd NFL franchise to Bob McNair. I was cheering from my office in downtown.

- You were 12 when I stood downtown waiting to find out the name of our new NFL franchise

- You were 13 when I stood downtown for the Texans jersey unveiling.

- you took your first College handoff while I watched Gary Kubiak earn his first win as an NFL coach

You've been in Houston for four years, I grew up here.

Ben - We've been here longer than you and we'll be here long after you're gone. We've gone through "tough times" before and we've booed stupid decisions since before you could spell the word football.

I respect the hell out of playing with broken ribs, I really do. Maybe it's those painkillers making you think us fans don't care as deeply as you.
Old 11-18-2013   #147
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13099 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans fans were wishy-washy annoying pieces of **** even when we were winning. All the idiocy on this board over the last couple years even when we were winning was positively absurd.

All you have to do is go back and read. There's a reason I've used the ignore function here more than I could ever hope to use it on any other message board I frequent.

I'm not sure why it is, but even when we were winning people acted like we were the Browns, the Bills, the Astros, the Clippers, etc. Perhaps it's that everyone's become jaded over the years with the Oilers drama and all that.
+++MSR
Old 11-18-2013   #148
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3101 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Ben Tate is playing with 4 cracked ribs. He simply said something wrong, not really offensive. He really needs a pass on this.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #149
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Ben Tate is playing with 4 cracked ribs. He simply said something wrong, not really offensive. He really needs a pass on this.
It's a small matter really. Ben will be signing with someone else as soon as the FA period begins so who really cares? He can have his pass. Later Ben.
Old 11-18-2013   #150
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's talk about FANS when our team sucks during a historic 8 game losing streak.

Seriously?

Is that what is wrong with this 2-8 team?? Disgruntled fans?

Fans in 32 cities do the same thing when their teams go from playoffs to 2-8.

Welcome to the NFL, pal.
Old 11-18-2013   #151
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can read it as such and that's definitely your prerogative to do so. I think wishy-washy encompasses all of it. Up and down, fickle, weak-minded, etc.

Obviously everything would be better if we were winning, but we're not. No use blowing sunshine in everyone's ass. But he IS right. We went from Keenum energy to COMPLETE disaster in what, two weeks? Personally, I think people are pissed because they thought quarterback was the only thing wrong with this team ON THE FIELD. That's clearly not the case.

And Welsh, yeah I'm vocal, because I don't think fans are consistent. I'm definitely going to call out the "tankers" and the hypocrites who, for example, blamed the OL for Keenum's trouble but blamed Schaub for Schaub's trouble. Goes back to my point about people being pissed because they thought QB was the only on-the-field problem. I like rational thought and analysis, so I'm not going to take too kindly to people analyzing things incorrectly.

That said, we can all agree that this season is a dumpster fire and that it'd be best to just put the season behind us.
I definitely think that it's two different things, expecting a veteran to deal efficiently with known weaknesses in the offensive line and protect the football, and to expect essentially a rookie to learn on the job whilst being subjected to that same pressure.

I'd actually say a double standard is acceptable, however, case, for the most part did manage to protect the ball (say what you want about missed INTs the previous week, they didn't result in TOs) Schaub went off throwing a pick six a game therefore proving that he wasn't handling that poor OL as well as Keenum was.

Can you name rookie QBs who've played well behind shoddy line play? Genuine question, not just calling you out, it's something I would honestly believe to hold true across the board, that a rookie should struggle behind a poor line more than a vet who should have instincts on where to get rid of the ball safely and efficiently.

I, by the way, am not in the tank camp, I'm in the player development camp given that the season is lost anyway, I'd rather give younger players valuable experience than wearing down starting vets whilst still trying to win games. It's something that I think is missing across the nfl and you'll find in most sports kids need the experience in competitive games to develop their game. Why not do it on a losing season rather than wearing down multi million dollar vets.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever but its a completely different sporting psychology of win now rather than win as much as possible as soon as possible I suppose.
We will remember them.
Old 11-18-2013   #152
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3101 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's a small matter really. Ben will be signing with someone else as soon as the FA period begins so who really cares? He can have his pass. Later Ben.
Exactly, he will be gone. He has never really been happy here. He was often injured. I liked him as a runner and wanted to keep him but since this team will be blown up, no reason to keep him.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #153
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Antonio Smith politely asked that fans not boo the offense. He noted boos won't change personnel, just make things harder for them. #Texans
Good.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #154
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good.
Yeah Texans fans, we know you literally are the only reason there is a football team in Houston, but don't even bother booing because you're upset with the team's decisions. It will literally have no effect, they'll just continue to run the same crap-fest out there on a weekly basis.

SIGH.

And by the way Ninja, we weren't booing the offense, we were booing one specific member of it, you know, the guy who started guiding this train off its tracks to begin with.
Old 11-18-2013   #155
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post

Without wishing to offend you matrix, you have been one of the loudest, most devicive influences on this board recently, calling out your fellow fans for daring to highlight the ineptitude.
Matrix is "devicive"?

Naaa . . he's 'milquetoast'.

I'm devicive!!!

Old 11-18-2013   #156
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Tate meant to say something else but fumbled at a critical moment......
Old 11-18-2013   #157
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Matrix is "devicive"?

I'm devicive!!!

Not gonna disagree there pal, you are one of the bluntest people I've ever seen respected on a forum anywhere. And that's a complement btw.
We will remember them.
Old 11-18-2013   #158
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
naaahhhh, this is Milquetoast:
Old 11-18-2013   #159
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
cool story dude!!!

it's almost as cool as your user name.. THE MATRIX!!!

NEO, MORPHEUS!!!

did you berate people when they complained that matrix 2 and 3 sucked?.. did you call them classless and unappreciative of the work the Wachowski brothers gave us during matrix 1? were critics of the matrix 2 & 3 also "bi polar"?

dude, nothing is worse than someone complaining about people complaining. if you don't like it, STFU and go to another thread. no one wants to read your fanboy drivel. now go back to your favorite matrix websites and think about it for a while.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #160
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans fans were wishy-washy annoying pieces of **** even when we were winning. All the idiocy on this board over the last couple years even when we were winning was positively absurd.

All you have to do is go back and read. There's a reason I've used the ignore function here more than I could ever hope to use it on any other message board I frequent.

I'm not sure why it is, but even when we were winning people acted like we were the Browns, the Bills, the Astros, the Clippers, etc. Perhaps it's that everyone's become jaded over the years with the Oilers drama and all that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
+++MSR
These posts pretty much sum up your contributions to the board...Houston fans are ungrateful...Texans Talk sucks...

Where the hell are you guys where fans are so great?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read