Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #121
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ben Tate Says We're "wishy-washy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Looks to me like the "woe is me" fans still remember the Oilers years pretty well. If I'm right, then we see a lot of similarities between the bad soap opera that is this season and can compare it to pretty much all of their seasons.

Most years were bad, but even during the good years, our drunk idiot of an owner fired good coaches, traded good players, and hired coaches that punch each other during games. The owner we have now gets worse results using just the opposite tactic. This guy needs to call a board meeting and waits for the quarterly stockholder vote before he'll get rid of bad players or can bad coaches.

Oiler fans always knew the other shoe was going to drop. We knew the Oilers would always choke in the playoffs just like we knew Kubiak would defy common sense and put Schab back in at some point. Within the scope of Houston sports history, there's been more bad years than good. This season is just a return to form in epic fail fashion.

Make no mistake, there is some Oiler-style drama going on this season. Can't wait to see what the seaon-ending cliffhanger's going to be.
So basically Oiler fans are Boston Red Sox fans before they started winning.. or Saints fans.

All it takes is the right change. We aren't cursed, we just haven't made the right personnel decisions yet.. I hope we make them this coming offseason.

As far as the "woe is us" stuff.. I don't think that's directed at the old guard.. It's directed at the idiots who keep posting and starting threads that Watt and Andre are going to somehow leave when they can't. Or say there's no way we can re sign Watt and he won't sign here, which we can and he will. At least it is for me. A lot of the "woe is us" stuff stems from people becoming cry babies.. they should be happy, this losing is going to bring about much needed change. I'd rather take this season over another 10-6 season where we beat the Bengals in a wild card game and then get our collective asses spanked and sent home the next week. Speaking of which.. Kubiak's entire tenure can be summed up by this..

Because that's exactly what this team's M.O. has been any time this team has had to step up in competition against the big boys.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-18-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #122
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
We are. We're a fickle, worthless, undeserving, somehow-spoiled, garbage, unintelligent fanbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
meh.....so I'm wishy washy. I'm happy when we win and pissed when we lose. So what?
No doubt.

Seth Payne hit the nail on the head when he said that hate is not the opposite of love. Apathy is the opposite of love, and to be quite honest, I have reached the state where I will probably have better things to do with my time because of apathy.

The NFL is entertainment at the end of the day. And when I get to the point where I am no longer being entertained, I think it's time to use my finite life to do something productive...or at least do something that does entertain me.

I will always be a Houston Texans fan, but like loving my country, I do not have to like my government....or front office.

I will still watch the games. But, it will be with my DVR and on my time, when I can forward through the blabbity announcer stuff and just analyze the game instead of giving a crap about the outcome.
Old 11-18-2013   #123
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So basically Oiler fans are Boston Red Sox fans before they started winning.. or Saints fans.

All it takes is the right change. We aren't cursed, we just haven't made the right personnel decisions yet.. I hope we make them this coming offseason.

As far as the "woe is us" stuff.. I don't think that's directed at the old guard.. It's directed at the idiots who keep posting and starting threads that Watt and Andre are going to somehow leave when they can't. Or say there's no way we can re sign Watt and he won't sign here, which we can and he will. At least it is for me. A lot of the "woe is us" stuff stems from people becoming cry babies.. they should be happy, this losing is going to bring up much needed change. I'd rather take this season over another 10-6 season where we beat the Bengals in a wild card game and then get our collective asses spanked and sent home the next week. Speaking of which.. Kubiak's entire tenure can be summed up by this..

Because that's exactly what this team's M.O. has been any time this team has had to step up in competition against the big boys.

Dude get out of my head, not funny.
++rep
Old 11-18-2013   #124
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #125
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Even still look at that this thread. so how many of the people hating Ben tate were the same one's who thought Tate should been playing over Foster. The people who have turned on him for a fairly light criticism are proving him to be telling "the truth."
Allington, this is not an attack...I'd just as soon have this discussion while buying you a beer at local choke and puke....here's my thoughts on that topic.

Just as there was a firestorm for the "cheering" when the fans knew Kubiak was forced to put in a replacement when Schaub went down, there was booing when Kubiak made the call to put him back in yesterday. Tate missed what's going on here.

All a fan has is their fandom, just as all a player has is his ability to play. It's like any player would react if they were told they were a crappy player only playing hard and through injury in a contract year, then going back sucking down a paycheck on the sideline with a paper cut the entire next season. I applaud Tate for continuing to play with his rib injury, but he' way the hell off base this this one. The fans really do give a damn about their team and their players, and it pisses them off when there is no accountability for the crappy product that is being put on the field. They are Houston fans start to finish, and the only thing that they can do about it is voice their "opinion" of what they see on the field and the decisions that are being made. "Just don't go" is not an option for season ticket holders. They paid for an entire season, so that money is gone. If they do decide to "not go" try to sell their seats and recoupe some of the lost money, it's likely to another Houston who, whether it's their 1st or 50th game, is there to support their team. If booing bad decisions gets someone in the FO to change things then more power to ‘em. There are no power lunches with the FO/fans. The only way for fan’s to get their displeasure across to the FO is a Yes or No approval vote of Cheering or Booing. Not buying tickets only leaves those tickets available for ticket brokers who will pimp the tickets off to anyone and then you have more visiting fans than home team fans…and the FO only looks at that as asses in seats $$$.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #126
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I just feel like if you’re a true fan, you stick with the team through the tough times and we’re going through a tough time right now."
I've "stuck with the team" since before the first player stepped onto the field.

- You were 11 when the NFL owners voted to award the 32nd NFL franchise to Bob McNair. I was cheering from my office in downtown.

- You were 12 when I stood downtown waiting to find out the name of our new NFL franchise

- You were 13 when I stood downtown for the Texans jersey unveiling.

- you took your first College handoff while I watched Gary Kubiak earn his first win as an NFL coach

You've been in Houston for four years, I grew up here.

Ben - We've been here longer than you and we'll be here long after you're gone. We've gone through "tough times" before and we've booed stupid decisions since before you could spell the word football.

I respect the hell out of playing with broken ribs, I really do. Maybe it's those painkillers making you think us fans don't care as deeply as you.
Old 11-18-2013   #127
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans fans were wishy-washy annoying pieces of **** even when we were winning. All the idiocy on this board over the last couple years even when we were winning was positively absurd.

All you have to do is go back and read. There's a reason I've used the ignore function here more than I could ever hope to use it on any other message board I frequent.

I'm not sure why it is, but even when we were winning people acted like we were the Browns, the Bills, the Astros, the Clippers, etc. Perhaps it's that everyone's become jaded over the years with the Oilers drama and all that.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #128
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans fans were wishy-washy annoying pieces of **** even when we were winning. All the idiocy on this board over the last couple years even when we were winning was positively absurd.
then pack your bags and leave, no one is forcing you here to read our "idiocy". dont let the door hit you in the nuts on the way out
Old 11-18-2013   #129
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
then pack your bags and leave, no one is forcing you here to read our "idiocy". dont let the door hit you in the nuts on the way out
I'm here because it's the quickest way to get Texans news. Other boards don't have nearly the same volume as this board does, which is why, perhaps, the average intelligence is not so high. Diluted population and all that.

Still, the point stands. We act like spoiled brats as fans while other teams and fans would KILL to have an owner that spends money, players like Andre, Watt, Cushing, Brown, Foster, Tate, Joseph, and yes, even Matt Schaub.

All I ask is perspective. One down year in the last three doesn't mean we're the ****ing Raiders, Browns, Bills, or any one of the other Perpetually Worthless franchises.
Old 11-18-2013   #130
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

All you have to do is go back and read. There's a reason I've used the ignore function here more than I could ever hope to use it on any other message board I frequent.

I'm not sure why it is, but even when we were winning people acted like we were the Browns, the Bills, the Astros, the Clippers, etc. Perhaps it's that everyone's become jaded over the years with the Oilers drama and all that.
In 2011, no.

In 2012, yeah.

2012 we saw a bunch of signs. But some chose to ignore them

But in 2011 I don't think this place had ever been more positive. Most of the negativity was directed towards Yates by schaubites.

Other than that, it was the next man up season and everyone was behind the texans.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #131
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm here because it's the quickest way to get Texans news. Other boards don't have nearly the same volume as this board does, which is why, perhaps, the average intelligence is not so high. Diluted population and all that.

Still, the point stands. We act like spoiled brats as fans while other teams and fans would KILL to have an owner that spends money, players like Andre, Watt, Cushing, Brown, Foster, Tate, Joseph, and yes, even Matt Schaub.

All I ask is perspective. One down year in the last three doesn't mean we're the ****ing Raiders, Browns, Bills, or any one of the other Perpetually Worthless franchises.
we have 2 winning seasons out of 11, we ARE exactly like the browns, raiders and vikings.....wake up and realize "talent" doesnt win games by itself. coaching the talent does. gary is no better than dom as a head coach
Old 11-18-2013   #132
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
we have 2 winning seasons out of 11, we ARE exactly like the browns, raiders and vikings.....wake up and realize "talent" doesnt win games by itself. coaching the talent does. gary is no better than dom as a head coach
Actually, Kubiak was light years ahead of Capers as a coach. But he's reached his ceiling. Do you think I want Kubiak here still or something? If so, you should probably read more of my posts and read them more carefully.
Old 11-18-2013   #133
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Actually, Kubiak was light years ahead of Capers as a coach. But he's reached his ceiling and I don't even know why that matters. Do you think I want Kubiak here still or something? If so, you should probably read more of my posts and read them more carefully.
no but youre complaining and saying were wishy washy when in reality were fed up with losing
Old 11-18-2013   #134
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
no but youre complaining and saying were wishy washy when in reality were fed up with losing
We ARE wishy-washy. We're bipolar ****s. Do you SEE this place. Have you SEEN this place?

Booing Schaub yesterday was embarrassing and ridiculous. Then cheering for him as we drove down and made a game of it was even moreso.
Old 11-18-2013   #135
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
We ARE wishy-washy. We're bipolar ****s. Do you SEE this place. Have you SEEN this place?
everyone has a breaking point, 8 straight losses in a super bowl or bust season is ours....its not bipolar-ism to have expectations and then get pissed when you fail miserably to achieve your goals
Old 11-18-2013   #136
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:

Booing Schaub yesterday was embarrassing and ridiculous. Then cheering for him as we drove down and made a game of it was even moreso.
thats bull****. we booed schaub when he came out and then cheered the TEAM when they drove down the field
Old 11-18-2013   #137
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
everyone has a breaking point, 8 straight losses in a super bowl or bust season is ours....its not bipolar-ism to have expectations and then get pissed when you fail miserably to achieve your goals
And my point is that this board (and fanbase, if the board is to be trusted) has been a trainwreck of bipolarity and division for YEARS.
Old 11-18-2013   #138
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104942 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just FYI wishy-washy means lacking strength or character.

"Up and down" and wishy-washy mean two different things.

So he said we were bipolar AND we are weak.

Is Ben Tate saying that if we were 8-2 nobody would be complaining? WELL NO **** SHERLOCK! FUGGIN' CAPTAIN OBVIOUS BEN TATE FOR THE WIN!

To say that we are weak because we are tired of losing and we are tired of sh!tty coaching decisions is completely odious and I really don't care if he plays another down for us.
Old 11-18-2013   #139
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
And my point is that this board (and fanbase, if the board is to be trusted) has been a trainwreck of bipolarity and division for YEARS.
its like arguing with a wall......guess we agree to disagree bud
Old 11-18-2013   #140
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

We are about wishy washy as Kubiak's head coaching record
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read